Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:26 PM

52,212 posts, read 33,980,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
No party is blameless; that's for sure. But I don't ever remember people wanting Bush to fail once he took office as Limbaugh is calling for Obama to fail.
you must have been asleep for nearly seven years.

James Carville "I Certainly Hope He Doesn't Succeed" - Associated Content

then there were the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of lefties who wished daily for failure in iraq..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,947,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is funny how the liberal freaks all hate it when their own bigotry bites them in the posterior. First they create Affirmative Action for every minority and female in the nation, then they have the audacity to call someone prejudiced for using the very term they created. If you want to see the true face of bigotry in the US, Affirmative Action supporters need only look in the mirror.
Nice try but it won't wash.

People such as yourself attempt to state that AF is the reason EVERY minority has a job other than house servant.

Cracks me up when people use prejudice compied with ignorance of AA to make statements such as, "unqualified minorities" will be hired, we have to hire 10 more because of "quotas", and the best one"they automatically get a passing score on every test"!

The prejudice of certain members of society lead to the need for AA.

Study history, be objective and then come back and tell me that it's always been the job goes to the best qualified!!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:40 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,966,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
We don't have to go to a Nazi camp to understand the rise of Hitler and the Third Reich. We can study the methods that they used to desensitize people to the atrocities that they were about to commit and the atrocities that they did commit.

It all starts with identifying scapegoats, starting to blame the scapegoats for one's woes, and then finally brainwashing segments of the population to think that they are morally and ethically better than the scapegoats; that the scapegoats shouldn't even exist. Again, it starts with taking a group of people and making them "less" than you are, making them less human, less worthy of existance. Once this is accomplished, all sorts of violence and hate can be perpetrated with little regret or remorse.

One of histories great questions is how could the nation that gave the world Geothe, Bach, Bethoven and Luther sink to such barbarism. Was there something flawed in the German character? I don't think there was and given our German roots there is no reason to assume we wouldn't fall for the easy answer that the Germans took up with such enthusiasm in the 1930s. An interesting note, Germany's business elite felt they could control the new Furhrer, that was a error of historic proportions.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:13 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,350,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
For Democrats:

Racist all of a sudden is used for anyone disagreeing with Obama
Bigot is used for anyone disagreeing with obama
Hate is used for anyone that disagreeing with obama
Quote:
Main Entry:1dem·a·gogue Variant(s):also dem·a·gog \ˈde-mə-ˌgäg\ Function:noun Etymology:Greek dēmagōgos, from dēmos people (perhaps akin to Greek daiesthai to divide) + agōgos leading, from agein to lead — more at tide, agentDate:1648
1 : a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power
2 : a leader championing the cause of the common people in ancient times
— dem·a·gogu·ery \-ˌgä-g(ə-)rē\ noun
— dem·a·gogy \-ˌgä-gē, -ˌgä-jē, -ˌgō-jē\ noun
Webster's Dictionary

Old 07-09-2009, 01:51 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,290,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
This is a short video about the rise of hate in America.

YouTube - The Rise of Right Wing Hate
These guys love America and only want the best for the country!
If you hate these cats you are unamerican period!
They speak only truth and love their country.
If you watch and listen to FOX you know it's all creabile
and truthful.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 AM

351 posts, read 375,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Since when does hate equal disagreeing with Obamas policies? I guess Democrats can butcher the definition of words just to fit their adgendas.
I have always voted Republican, that is until this ;ast election. I do not like what is happening in the Republican party at the moment. It seems to have lost all direction and has turned to criticism just for the sake of criticising. During the last election and after the election there has now now been a crop of self rightous right wing saviours who feel that they must save America from Obama.
People like Hannity,Limbaugh,Rove,Gingriech,Beck,Morris etc are becoming too big for their own boots. Disagreeing is one thing but they are no longer just disagreeing. Hannity talks down and talks over anyone who disagrees with him. Limbaugh seems to just want to sensationalize every issue. Beck just cannot stop crying. The rest are just trying to sell their books.
They are all beginning to sound hateful. They are losing their effectiveness because they criticise everything, even if it is a good idea. This is not to help America but just campaigning for the next election. They just cannot move past the Fact that the Dem's are now in Power. Maybe their kind of attitude is one of the reasons that the Dems have swept the board and people like me voted against their own party.
O'Reilly is the only one at present worth watching.
If Hannity etc want to really help America, then stop these futile gestures like tea parties and criticise what needs to be criticised but support things that will help America like a new health system.
Yes they have become hateful but that is a sign of weakness not a sign of strength or intelligence.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,761,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
I have always voted Republican, that is until this ;ast election. I do not like what is happening in the Republican party at the moment. It seems to have lost all direction and has turned to criticism just for the sake of criticising. During the last election and after the election there has now now been a crop of self rightous right wing saviours who feel that they must save America from Obama.
People like Hannity,Limbaugh,Rove,Gingriech,Beck,Morris etc are becoming too big for their own boots. Disagreeing is one thing but they are no longer just disagreeing. Hannity talks down and talks over anyone who disagrees with him. Limbaugh seems to just want to sensationalize every issue. Beck just cannot stop crying. The rest are just trying to sell their books.
They are all beginning to sound hateful. They are losing their effectiveness because they criticise everything, even if it is a good idea. This is not to help America but just campaigning for the next election. They just cannot move past the Fact that the Dem's are now in Power. Maybe their kind of attitude is one of the reasons that the Dems have swept the board and people like me voted against their own party.
O'Reilly is the only one at present worth watching.
If Hannity etc want to really help America, then stop these futile gestures like tea parties and criticise what needs to be criticised but support things that will help America like a new health system.
Yes they have become hateful but that is a sign of weakness not a sign of strength or intelligence.
Just change the names in your post, and you've described the democrats during Bush's presidency. And instead of talk show hosts like Hannity and Limbaugh, there were liberal Hollywood loons doing all of the criticizing and smearing.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:40 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,569,414 times
I consider myself to be a Liberal. I do not hate anyone but I do fear some of the extreme right wing. I do detest them for using the country's economic and social problems for their personal wealth. That is simply despicably selfish.

BTW - I did not hate the Viet Cong even if they shot quite a few of my acquaintances. They were fighting for their country and their families. I still do not know what I was fighting for other than my life, the thieves in Saigon and the owners of the Michelin Rubber Company.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,595,824 times
They're definetly loony, but I wouldn't call it "hate". But of course, the libs will continue to spin and scream while their own affairs continue to unravel (ie: California's impending bankruptcy)

Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,382,713 times
You guys hate FOX NEWS so much and yet you can't stop watching? The only time you will hear Hannity, O'Railly, Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, is if you turn on Fox News and or their radio shows. Otherwise there are plenty of other channels to choose between. One wonder if it really bothers you that Fox News is so popular?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies