Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Your false premise is that what he proposes will work and will help and that we're not paying enough in taxes right now. What's being offered is to awaken the American people to the danger and emptiness of the President's plans.

If taxes have to be raised, then you volunteer your own damn money. I pay more in federal income taxes than some people make in a year, and enough is damn enough. You seem awfully comfortable being patriotic with other people's money.

First let's cut the waste and fraud. Next let's get rid of the government spending that should never have been instituted in the first place, where the federal government has no business being involved. Then let's tax the 50% of the population that pays absolutely no income tax under today's system by instituting a flat tax.

After all that is done, if there is a legitimate need for more tax money that cannot be filled in any other way, then I'll be happy to pay more in taxes. First I want the burden fairly shared with an flat tax that takes the same percentage from everyone, and I want the sheer waste and out of control spending stopped.

Your false premise that what he proposes will not work and will not help.

I seriously doubt that you are qualified to "awaken" anybody to anything.

If you pay more in taxes per year than some people make in a year, I'm not really all that sympathetic to your whining. A flat tax is a regressive tax.

Where were you the past 8 years? Oh-so-concerned, I'll bet, on cutting "the waste and fraud."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 08:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Neo-cons are such losers. They do nothing to help. They have nothing to offer. Their sole reason for living is to **** on the President, divide the nation, and bring down the American government.

He claimed taxes would not be raised. During the campaign. Before the bottom fell out of the economy.

If he has to raise taxes, so be it. Step up to the plate and pay more taxes, like the American patriot you only claim to be.
Extremes of the other side do the exact same thing.

Chanting over and over that your side and only your side is right is closed minded. This is happening on both the extreme right and extreme left.

Go back and look at how "extreme" your posts are with anyone who disagrees with you. Flying off the handle at them with name calling.

Yup..way to make your case.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Goebbels himself couldn't come up with such propagandist genius.

Me thinks you might have a cushy government job in your future if you continue to be a "patriot"!
Now I'm being compared to Goebbels. Typical right-wing response. (You can claim you're a "Libertarian" all you want. Your posts speak volumes otherwise.")

I know that "Libertarians" think they're just so uber-cool, having escaped the mundane ideological traps that have crippled the rest of us poor saps, who still--endearingly--believe in the American political system. Spare me. I've have enough friends from that side of the aisle over the years to know better.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Chanting over and over that your side and only your side is right is closed minded. This is happening on both the extreme right and extreme left.

Go back and look at how "extreme" your posts are with anyone who disagrees with you. Flying off the handle at them with name calling.

great post

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Neo-cons are such losers. They do nothing to help. They have nothing to offer. Their sole reason for living is to **** on the President, divide the nation, and bring down the American government.
You're the loser. You remind me of the movie scene where a guy is being fed his own brain. And he seems to be relishing the dish.

Quote:

There's nothing "extreme" about FACTS. There is no "side" when it comes to climate change. Just like there's no "side" when it comes to whether the earth is round. Sorry.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
There's nothing "extreme" about FACTS. There is no "side" when it comes to climate change. Just like there's no "side" when it comes to whether the earth is round. Sorry.
Science theories NEVER become facts.
You can't prove a scientific theory.
You can only disprove it.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You're the loser. You remind me of the movie scene where a guy is being fed his own brain. And he seems to be relishing the dish.
Oh, what a BRILLIANT response. No, seriously. A horror movie scene. Well, I guess that makes sense--the truth feels that way to some people.

Still haven't read those links, have you?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Science theories NEVER become facts.
You can't prove a scientific theory.
You can only disprove it.
Sorry, you're wrong. Not every scientific theory can be disproven.

In any case, climate change is not a "theory." It's a "fact." Get the difference?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes my friend 3/19/2008. Calm down, take breath and re read your post. Your proposition is he made the promise before the bottom fell out of the economy. Did you read the link. It said the failure of Bear was a huge warning sign the economy was tanking. So your defense of him crumbles.

Dissent dissent - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, when the left is faced with dessent, they become increasingly hysterical.

Look at this.

Henry Waxman: GOP ‘rooting against’ USA - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

Dissent on Cap and Trade has suddenly become unpatriotic.
Yes, it was a huge warning sign. In retrospect. Obama was not running the economy at that time. He was campaigning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies