Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 12:28 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol...according to the History Channel, NY has bigger problems and they are predictable - water. You guys have about 5 years max to figure it out - the tunnel.....
Water..too much or too little?? Flooding, draught, or the drinking kind??

I think the problem with water in NY is that we do not have enough "designer bottled water" on the market. Did the History Channel cover that ?? 5 years...OMG well I guess I don;t have to worry about my 401K anymore or the deficit, or smoking, maybe I'll take up drinking again..seeing that my demise is 5 years away...damn I'm thirsty already..I'm coming mama..make room for me......loonies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
books will explain to me your staggering hypocrisy regarding the following statements?

which books will i find this information in? ISBN numbers would be nice.

destroy ecosystems?
what happened to

very confusing

with that, i gotta hit the hay, it's way past my bedtime. see ya manana.
I was waiting for his answer, and was confused by all his answers too. He probably does not bother to read his own posts. When people are neck deep into partisan issues, then be cohesive, making sense or being consistent are all tossed out the window. Or maybe its a form of 0bama-speak "What I said 10 minutes ago is irrelevant, listen to what I'm saying now."

Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Tell me a little about the physics a climatologist would use, as you presume to know.
heat and heat transfer, convection, hydrologic cycles, equilibrium, radiative forcing, circulation of ocean and air currents, effects of solar radiation and its reflectance or absorbance, are all explained, calculated, and understood on principles of physics.

tell us which aspects of climate aren't explained or explainable on a physical basis, as you assume to know.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I was waiting for his answer, and was confused by all his answers too. He probably does not bother to read his own posts. When people are neck deep into partisan issues, then be cohesive, making sense or being consistent are all tossed out the window. Or maybe its a form of 0bama-speak "What I said 10 minutes ago is irrelevant, listen to what I'm saying now."
the poster is a she, apparently.

she was too busy emoting to notice that rather gigantic clash of statements.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
i think the scam is about up. people are just not that stupid.anyone can see it
Of course, Obama hadn't delivered his speech yesterday. Today he told the world that at the summit he had been at they agreed that all those advanced nations had to stop producing so much CO2 because they all agree with the UN and Algore about how to break the US and its economy. I hope the Senate waits a day or two before voting on Crap and Tax so they have a chance to recover from that so well delivered speech by The Man.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:03 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
heat and heat transfer, convection, hydrologic cycles, equilibrium, radiative forcing, circulation of ocean and air currents, effects of solar radiation and its reflectance or absorbance, are all explained, calculated, and understood on principles of physics.

tell us which aspects of climate aren't explained or explainable on a physical basis, as you assume to know.
How long has it been since you've taken a physics class?

Here are a sequence of classes from a university's bachelor of science program:

Math 141, 142, 143, 241 Calculus 16
Math 244 Linear Analysis I 4
Math 304 Vector Analysis 4
Math 344 Linear Analysis II 4
Phys 141, 132, 133 General Physics 12
Phys 202 Physics on the computer 4
Phys 206/256 Instrumentation in experimental physics (lab) 4
Phys 211 Modern Physics I 4
Phys 212 Modern Physics II 4
Phys 301 Thermal Physics I 3
Phys 302 Analytical Mechanics I 4
Phys 323 Optics (includes lab) 5
Phys 340 Quantum Lab I 2
Phys 341 Quantum Lab II 1
Phys 342 Quantum Lab III 2
Phys 405 Quantum Mechanics I 4
Phys 408 Electromagnetic Fields and Waves 4
Phys 461 (or 463) Senior Project 2
Phys 462 (or 464) Senior Project 2

Its more math than it is anything else.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:05 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
seriously? You really think the whole climate change "hoax" is for the sole purpose of making Al Gore rich? That isn't even logical. What IS logical is that big business and big oil are in the pockets of the right, and are the ones denying that climate change is happening. Why? $$$$$ of course.
$$$?

Who do you think is getting rich off of government subsidized "green energy" technology? Huge global corporations like General Electric.

Want to know who is advising 0bama on his White House Economic Recovery Advisory Board? None other then GE's CEO, Jeffery Immelt, James Owens from Caterpillar Inc., the president of the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association, and union boss Dick Trumka from A.F.L.-C.I.O. and Anna Burger from the Service Employees International Union (created by the co-founder of ACORN)

There are hundreds of billions of dollars of U.S.GOVERNMENT money being funneled into green energy projects and corporations, not to mention the money from the governments of foreign countries.

Wake up, it is about money, free taxpayer money, and no limits. There is more money involved in these federally funded "stop global warming" projects then the private scetor could ever dream of. In fact, if you do not want huge sums of taxpayer money going into corporations to subsidize green energy projects, Henry Waxman says you are "rooting against America" and "against the world."

Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
3 out of 150. That was your initial squawk.

You seem to have lost track in your hysteria of the argument.

You claimed 3 years out of 150 were not enough to offer a conclusion.

I countered that with 150 year out of 6 billion was definitely not.

Who is the idiot?
um, you.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:12 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, we know for sure that temperatures were much, much hotter in this planets history.

To draw a conclusion based on 150 years is the epitome of stupidity.
no, drawing a conclusion based on 3 years of data is the epitome of stupidity. Keep repeating, and repeating, and repeating...

Old 07-09-2009, 01:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Cool! May be you're still preparing a response to my previous post, and while at it, do use these principles to explain why you didn't care about the equivalency drawn between oceanic average temperature and one measured at lower atmosphere and whether it actually matters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies