Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
For those of you who are just haters and will use this format to complain about MJ grow up. Don't you have something better to do? Get over the jealously and realization that your passing will never be that great.

Are you saying that most of the world won't remember me as a deeply disturbed, narcissistic, "accused" pedophile when I'm gone? Oh no!

I guess I better shave off half my nose and learn to moonwalk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:34 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Pure insanity.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
And he's worth every penny of it! Take your faux outrage and beat it!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
texdav, if you can't read I can't really help you. It is a fact that Elvis dated under age girls. Wasn't his wife 14 when they wed? I do not have to presume anything I just deal with fact. Jackson was not indicted either. Please, let's not get into Vietnam as I am afraid you again will get your facts mixed up. I brought up Bush because other posters keep writing that service men and women should be recognized instead of coverage being given to MJ. What I was trying to convey and the correlation to Bush would be obvious had you read previous posts. This subject matter has nothing to do with Republicans vs. Democrats. You have no idea what party I belong to.

Spot, you are right no one will remember who you are or what you did in your life to the scale of Michael Jackson. So get on with your life. Instead of all the negative energy why not go and remember someone you liked?

RIP MJ!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:30 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
What a group of idiots running Cali. It's no wonder their in the fix their in. How did it turn out that all these government geniuses didn't realize that this ridiculous hyped event would cost the city $1.4 million?
I agree the event was ridiculous and hyped, but who told you the city didn't realize how much it would cost? Are you just making that up?

Quote:
Also amazing is all the millionaires that attended the cry fest are now nowhere to be seen when it comes to footing the bill and helping out their beloved LA.
Who told you this? Seems like you're just making up stories as you go.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Default Fact? or Fiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
texdav, if you can't read I can't really help you. It is a fact that Elvis dated under age girls. Wasn't his wife 14 when they wed? I do not have to presume anything I just deal with fact.
Fact?
Priscilla was 21 when she married Elvis Presley.
Elvis Wedding Photos | Elvis Presley Las Vegas Wedding | Elvis and Priscilla Wedding Photos

You were pwned

Old 07-09-2009, 03:52 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
no wonder a corrupt city is throwing a taxpayer money wasting event. california is a mess and it is pretty likely that they will default on their bonds. the percentage of residents on welfare in california is now more than triple that of the rest of the U.S. While caseloads in the rest of the U.S. have dropped over 30% in the past five years, California’s has gone up about 6%. As a result, though it has only about 12% of the total U.S. population, California’s share of the welfare caseload has risen from 22% in 2002 to over 30%. There are more welfare recipients per family in California, and that number has crept upward in the past couple of years, perhaps indicating that California welfare mothers are bearing more children that those in the rest of the U.S. also, unique among large states, california spends more on its prisons than on its public universities. in 2003, california had 39.5 percent residents not speaking english at home and that number has since increased. as long as california is unwilling to deal with its root problems, they will never fix anything. they won't throw out their high spending democratic entrenched congress and they don't want to raise taxes any higher, so they are just screwed.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
The areas with the biggest problems are SND and LA.
They're both republican strongholds.

Nice try, though.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:22 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
The city made money with souvenir sales, hotel bookings, positive press coverage, restaurant meals, not to mention I'm sure fees and fines for parking, traffic tickets, etc.
As Peak said, if they couldn't afford it, they wouldn't have had it.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The areas with the biggest problems are SND and LA.
They're both republican strongholds.

Nice try, though.
you don't think the whole state is in trouble?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies