Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:40 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,047,776 times

Advertisements

Dopo if you were wondering about how many service men and women lives were taken yesterday then why don't you know the numbers and their names? You are wondering now about the service people because MJ's death is being covered? You guys have a problem. If you care so much about the service men and women enlist, or go visit a base, or visit a hospital where they are at. The best news is online and or in the news paper itself why would you want to watch magazine news stations. Give me a break. You guys don't like Michael Jackson OK WE ALL HERE YOU! Move on and write about people you do care for. Why spend so much time being negative? MOVE ON!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,964,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm pretty fed up with all the coverage about Michael Jackson.

So I decided to listen to "right wing propaganda radio" to listen to something different.
Guess WTF they are talking about? Michael Jackson.

I thought right wing radio was opposed to coverage about celebrities.
Why does right wing radio keep on talking about Michael Jackson?
Or is this another proof that all the media is right wing (All of them are talking about the same thing = Michael Jackson)
Maybe it's just me ... but I'm having a hard time looking at the phrase "WTF" with sections of the Bible immediately above it?

Old 07-09-2009, 01:00 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,977,092 times
Quote:
Right wing radio is not standing up for its so called principles
If MJ is such a bad person, criminal, the worst in our society, etc.... Then they shouldn't help make him a martyr by keeping on talking about him.

Right wing radio is doing exactly what they always criticize everybody else about.
Going for whatever is popular and makes money
instead of what it's "conservative"
What is "conservative" Dopo?

Old 07-09-2009, 01:02 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,977,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Dopo if you were wondering about how many service men and women lives were taken yesterday then why don't you know the numbers and their names? You are wondering now about the service people because MJ's death is being covered? You guys have a problem. If you care so much about the service men and women enlist, or go visit a base, or visit a hospital where they are at. The best news is online and or in the news paper itself why would you want to watch magazine news stations. Give me a break. You guys don't like Michael Jackson OK WE ALL HERE YOU! Move on and write about people you do care for. Why spend so much time being negative? MOVE ON!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:21 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,328,415 times
Quote:
I'm pretty fed up with all the coverage about Michael Jackson.

So I decided to listen to "right wing propaganda radio" to listen to something different.
Guess WTF they are talking about? Michael Jackson.

I thought right wing radio was opposed to coverage about celebrities.
Why does right wing radio keep on talking about Michael Jackson?
Or is this another proof that all the media is right wing (All of them are talking about the same thing = Michael Jackson)
They talk about MJ because they have nothing else to talk about. They don't know a thing about running a sound economy. Not a clue. They don't know how to pick qualified leaders as evidenced by support of the village idiot. Name any domestic issue, and they either take the inferior position or have not been able to come up with any answers to solve the problems that plague this nation. They deal with the unknown and unfamiliar as if it is a black box. Try a solution and see what comes out. To hell with the inner workings. They are too clueless and confined to extend themselves.

So, without a clue on how to approach, solve, or even offer effective, sound solutions to the problems they created, all they can do is be shallow and latch themselves on to the headline of the day. As usual, they take the position with the black box approach, with no clue. Holds the attention of podunk I suppose.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 AM

763 posts, read 1,295,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
They talk about MJ because they have nothing else to talk about. They don't know a thing about running a sound economy. Not a clue. They don't know how to pick qualified leaders as evidenced by support of the village idiot. Name any domestic issue, and they either take the inferior position or have not been able to come up with any answers to solve the problems that plague this nation. They deal with the unknown and unfamiliar as if it is a black box. Try a solution and see what comes out. To hell with the inner workings. They are too clueless and confined to extend themselves.

So, without a clue on how to approach, solve, or even offer effective, sound solutions to the problems they created, all they can do is be shallow and latch themselves on to the headline of the day. As usual, they take the position with the black box approach, with no clue. Holds the attention of podunk I suppose.
They talk about it because they question why the Dems are constantly talking about it to cover up their lack of competance dealing with a busted economy. The ghetto idiot (also known as Obama) is doing nothing to turn this country around and all the bedwetters can do is mask this incompetance with constant coverage of Jackson. The right media is just questioning the relevence of this

Old 07-09-2009, 03:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,227,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Nice to see that you love MJ, but hate the military members?
It's HEAR, not HERE.
How old are you?

Old 07-09-2009, 05:26 AM

24,365 posts, read 22,964,334 times
I listened to Laura Ingraham and she did have soem comments about it. Mostly it was confined to criticizing the celebrity whores who just had to be seen at the memorial service. But she also had some comments about Al Sharpton's rather mean spirited grandstanding. Her point, it was made into a spectacle and gave Jackson less respect than it could have. The only deep emotion I really saw was from his kids.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:46 AM

18,062 posts, read 25,152,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Maybe it's just me ... but I'm having a hard time looking at the phrase "WTF" with sections of the Bible immediately above it?
Tell me where in the Bible it says that we can't use the word "fudge"

Old 07-09-2009, 06:01 AM

551 posts, read 854,170 times
I wish people would stop creating threads about MJ also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies