Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 06:40 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

You know what, we're supposed to be better than this. This whole racism thing is a bunch of BS. We're supposed to be the most progressive nation in the world, yet I keep seeing these crap posts about so & so feeling oppressed & so & so want to rule over another race. That is such utter ****e & I'm embarrassed that there are still people out there who can't get past differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

You know what I learned? Every culture and group of people had their strengths and their weaknesses. They all made contributions, and no group of people should be considered superior to another.
But there WERE superior cultures...

Quote:
We also learned that those badass Spartans from 300 were heavily homosexual. (Just one of many interesting, and not talked about fact our professor taught us).
Untrue in the modern sense,actually the term homosexual wasn't 'invented' until the 19th century I believe.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesj View Post
Translation: Slavery, Mayhem and murder against people of African descent were nothing more than figments of their imagination.
No need to lie....but if that is all you have got.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
oz in SC
Hopeychangeness DAMN IT!!!!!!!!
befriend

There lies the root of ALL the problems with racism.

Always the need to assert this mentality as the gateway to say some should be free and some slaves.

Every race and/or culture on the earth made great contributions to modern society, we just have ignored their place, history, in order to say only one race of people ever furthered to state of human kind.

This phrase was used as it pertained to governments, but it applies to race and people also..."all are equal,but some are more equal than others", those who read the book know what I'm talking about!

Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The US is getting more and more hypocrite. A white woman in politics has been bashed over and over and it seems to be allowed. When one word is said about the POTUS, it is racism....

When black people say the "n" word it is okay and when a white person says the same thing it is racims...

When black people call white people names it is normal...when white people say something similar it is racism...

Result...Racism will be growing more and more!
I have been saying it right here for a while now, there is racism in America and it is growing and the racism is against whites, not minorities.

You probably wont hear much about this case at all as they will race to shut the info down from the media.

Perfect example is the hooker scumbag at Duke, we heard 24-7 about it and once we found she was a scumbag liar you surely saw the info get shut down real quick.

If that was the other way around you will never seen it at all.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I have been saying it right here for a while now, there is racism in America and it is growing and the racism is against whites, not minorities.

You probably wont hear much about this case at all as they will race to shut the info down from the media.

Perfect example is the hooker scumbag at Duke, we heard 24-7 about it and once we found she was a scumbag liar you surely saw the info get shut down real quick.

If that was the other way around you will never seen it at all.
What are you talking about? If I remember correctly, didn't it come out that she lied? How is that "the media shutting it down?"

Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
oz in SC
Hopeychangeness DAMN IT!!!!!!!!
befriend

There lies the root of ALL the problems with racism.

Always the need to assert this mentality as the gateway to say some should be free and some slaves.

Every race and/or culture on the earth made great contributions to modern society, we just have ignored their place, history, in order to say only one race of people ever furthered to state of human kind.

This phrase was used as it pertained to governments, but it applies to race and people also..."all are equal,but some are more equal than others", those who read the book know what I'm talking about!
You believe every culture is exactly equal???

LOL...I can see how that would make life difficult for you to understand....

Old 07-09-2009, 07:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What are you talking about? If I remember correctly, didn't it come out that she lied? How is that "the media shutting it down?"

It did come out she lied and they shut it down.

She destroyed the lives of 5 kids and a coach and they allowed her a free pass of course.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:56 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ohio.com - Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family (http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html - broken link)
"Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

Sure sounds like a hate crime to me...
Did you even bother to look at the Ohio statute that defines hate crime? BC they don't even use that term. There is no law about "hate crimes".

If those quoted statements are the only racially-related words that were used, that is probably why they have not yet made decision whether or not to charge them with "ethnic intimidation". (Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2927.12)

Your OP is misleading. The decision on all charges has not yet been made. If they think that the ethnic discrimination charge will not stick, they won't charge the jerks with violating that particular law.

Law isn't about emotion, it is about the language of law.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It did come out she lied and they shut it down.

She destroyed the lives of 5 kids and a coach and they allowed her a free pass of course.
I really don't know what you mean by shutting it down, however I don't think I've ever seen any sort of punishment for women who lie about getting raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies