U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:35 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,884,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Because the victims are a target because of their race,that is the defintion of a hate crime according to the naacp and liberals.And please don't tell me whites are not the target,those numbers are to high to come to any other conclusion
None of the teens were reported to have used any racial slurs. It may have been a crime of opportunity..See, you're doing excatly what Sharpton does, jump to racial conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 AM

3,478 posts, read 5,149,433 times
This is a hot-button issue. It is important for the police to gather evidence and review the facts before making an official statement. Doing so prematurely could compromise their investigation or give the appearance that they have already determined the outcome of the case. A premature statement could heighten the situation and turn it into a racial issue.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,314,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
None of the teens were reported to have used any racial slurs. It may have been a crime of opportunity..See, you're doing excatly what Sharpton does, jump to racial conclusions.
''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world''....

If it was said by a gang of white thugs you would be crying for the feds to step in,your hypocrisy is amazing.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM

325 posts, read 1,027,891 times
A double standard that I am seeing more and more.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:39 AM

646 posts, read 709,985 times
Quote:
So are the posters here doing their best Jackson/Sharpton impression by expoliting a situation that is not yet classified as a hate crime as such? Is that a good thing? Just think how ridiculous this would be if it were a gang initiation and folks wasting there breath trying to use race. You'd look as silly as Jackson and Sharpton have looked recently.
Look if you are trying to condone this it is pitiful,let us try to figure out how this hate whitey got so bad in the black youth,my guess is the elder blacks instilled it in them

Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,082,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
let us try to figure out how this hate whitey got so bad in the black youth,my guess is the elder blacks instilled it in them
bingo

Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM

3,384 posts, read 4,092,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The US is getting more and more hypocrite. A white woman in politics has been bashed over and over and it seems to be allowed. When one word is said about the POTUS, it is racism....

When black people say the "n" word it is okay and when a white person says the same thing it is racims...

When black people call white people names it is normal...when white people say something similar it is racism...

Result...Racism will be growing more and more!
Very correct - Racism will never be eliminated simply because the left chooses to divide. The liberals never seek to unite people as people, rather they would divide them based on the race or class or whatever other demographic they can think to separate.

Divide & Conquer - part of the credo of the left.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,894,255 times
Quote:
You don't think "This is our world" and "this is a black world" is racial? Sounds like Black Power to me.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,884,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well I know what the NAACP tried to do in our neighborhood. They tried to get a school mascot that our school has had for over 30 years changed. As far as I know these people have never done anything for any black or white student in that school before they started this nonesense.

That is why I said they have an unforgiving spirit. Our school mascot is the Parkwood Rebels and that is a soldier that were both black and white according to history. They so hate our ancestors that they wanted this mascot removed. The civil war happened and is a part of history, get over it. Spend you time doing something that is worthwhile.
So one thing happens in your neighborhood and the entire organization is bad? It's easy to tell others to be forgiving when you or your ancestors weren't the ones being oppressed, so can that. I personally couldn't care less about a freaking mascot but some see it as a symbol of hate that shouldn't represent a school that's probably attended by kids of many races. I love the Washignton Redskins but some Native Americans see it as offensive mascot and I can clearly understand why and they should be free to voice their opposition.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 AM

325 posts, read 1,027,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
bingo
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies