U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,750 posts, read 8,799,115 times
Reputation: 6445

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Very correct - Racism will never be eliminated simply because the left chooses to divide. The liberals never seek to unite people as people, rather they would divide them based on the race or class or whatever other demographic they can think to separate.

Divide & Conquer - part of the credo of the left.
Well said. Blacks claim that Jackson an Sharpton dont speak for them, yet they never utter 1 word to condemn them either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,882,861 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world''....

If it was said by a gang of white thugs you would be crying for the feds to step in,your hypocrisy is amazing.
No I wouldn't..The senario you mention happens every damn day but I live with it..Like I said, no racial slurs were used and the investigation continues. It may or may not have been a racial incident. We'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:46 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,882,861 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Look if you are trying to condone this it is pitiful,let us try to figure out how this hate whitey got so bad in the black youth,my guess is the elder blacks instilled it in them
Who's trying to condone this? LOL..One incident and it's hate whitey perpetuated by black elders. If that were even true, how do you think those elders would have come to that conclusion? We already know that answer. Slavery, segragation etc..Just ended about 45 years ago I might add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 AM
 
40,114 posts, read 24,354,028 times
Reputation: 12624
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Because the victims are a target because of their race,that is the defintion of a hate crime according to the naacp and liberals.And please don't tell me whites are not the target,those numbers are to high to come to any other conclusion
I, for one, do not buy into this white victimization scenario that's been cropping up with increasing frequency lately. Crime is about opportunity. White people tend to control more assets, people with less assets see an opportunity and take it. Crime is about opportunity. People who live in areas where police response is slower or non-existent will see an opportunity and take it. Crime is about opportunity. People who feel a sense of injustice will seize the opportunity to redress that injustice if it presents itself.

The idea of white victimization is a doorway to crime. It creates and perpetuates a sense of injustice that is ultimately used as rationalization for wrong-doing when the opportunity presents itself.

Crime has always been with us, and always will be. Prejudice and hate has always been with us, and always will be. But each of us has an opportunity to set aside our own prejudices, our own feelings of being treated unjustly, and maybe make a difference, not just in our own lives, but in the lives of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,255,272 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Are we going to hear about Reginald Deney and these firefighters until the end of time as if they are or were ever regular occurances? I guess there are now 3 "irregular" racial incidents for some to champion. Just imagine if that number was in the 1000s and you never had any recourse..That would really suck wouldn't it? Any act of violence, racially motivated or not is bad but pointing to 2 and now 3 things and pretending like they are the norm is ridiculous.
Are we going to hear the "slavery" excuse until the end of time? Do we need to hear of more occurances to decide if race is a motivating factor for some punks to act up?

Are you really that blind, or is it prejudice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,882,861 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well said. Blacks claim that Jackson an Sharpton dont speak for them, yet they never utter 1 word to condemn them either...
I've condemned them in this very thread. You choose to see what you want to see. Some blacks support Jackson/Sharpton, some don't. When they have a legitimate cause, they're good at what they do. It's when they don't that's the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,883,976 times
Reputation: 23217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
No I wouldn't..The senario you mention happens every damn day but I live with it..Like I said, no racial slurs were used and the investigation continues. It may or may not have been a racial incident. We'll see.
Whether it is racial or not should not matter. That hate crimes law is a dumb law made to take advantage and make white people helpless. The person who said if the man had a gun and had defended himself that would have been considered a hate crime was true. I guess you will have to kill us all first. That law means absolutely nothing except for the injustice it causes. We fought for freedom from England. This is just another freedom that some white people will have to and have already died for, but it will not stop us. We believe in freedom and if you believe in freedom and are not willing to die for it, it means nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,882,861 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Are we going to hear the "slavery" excuse until the end of time? Do we need to hear of more occurances to decide if race is a motivating factor for some punks to act up?

Are you really that blind, or is it prejudice?
You should hear about something that existed in this country for 400 years and shaped the direction of the country. We shouldn't go round and round about the same three separate incidents, two of which included (as you put it) punks acting up. Very different scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,750 posts, read 8,799,115 times
Reputation: 6445
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I, for one, do not buy into this white victimization scenario that's been cropping up with increasing frequency lately. Crime is about opportunity. White people tend to control more assets, people with less assets see an opportunity and take it. Crime is about opportunity. People who live in areas where police response is slower or non-existent will see an opportunity and take it. Crime is about opportunity. People who feel a sense of injustice will seize the opportunity to redress that injustice if it presents itself.

The idea of white victimization is a doorway to crime. It creates and perpetuates a sense of injustice that is ultimately used as rationalization for wrong-doing when the opportunity presents itself.

Crime has always been with us, and always will be. Prejudice and hate has always been with us, and always will be. But each of us has an opportunity to set aside our own prejudices, our own feelings of being treated unjustly, and maybe make a difference, not just in our own lives, but in the lives of others.
According to FBI statistics, in 2002, 770,000 hate crimes were comitted. 85% were comitted by blacks on whites, while only 10% were committed by whites on blacks. Of course the media suppression will only allow the MSM to report on the 10%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:53 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,255,272 times
Reputation: 3602
[quote=Tank1906;9675639]
Quote:
OMG is about all I can say to this..Bentlebee brought up race as far as Palin and now you're bringing up sex..It's about a CLEAR lack of intellect. Many of those bashing her are white women.
Your prejudice is showing again. If you read Bentlebees' complete comment it reflected that it is okay to bash a white woman but to do so to a black president is to be called a racist. Typical tunnel vision on your part to only see what you want to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top