U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 AM

24,757 posts, read 34,000,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west_end_don View Post
Only those from sub-saharan Africa... Their average IQ is 70...

Does Reel need to cite that gem again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again?
You just destroyed any of your alleged credibility by:

citing anything that troll says.

ascribing IQ measurements to anyone in sub-Saharan Africa.

using IQ measurements at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,044,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
All from an individual who believes blacks are intellectually inferior.
Inferior is a poor choice of words. I do not believe that any race is superior or inferior to another. What I say is that there are differences between the various races. There are also differences between the various ethnic groups within the races.

As someone said in another thread, all races are equal in their own way. All races are certainly equal in the eyes of God. Perhaps some races are better at some things but they are also not as good at other things.

Also, we are talking about averages. If I were to say that on average whites are not as good as blacks at something, that in no way implies that there are not many whites who in fact are.

I just wanted to set the record straight. I am not into race supremacy.

Thank you,

Reel

Old 07-20-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Inferior is a poor choice of words. I do not believe that any race is superior or inferior to another. What I say is that there are differences between the various races. There are also differences between the various ethnic groups within the races.

As someone said in another thread, all races are equal in their own way. All races are certainly equal in the eyes of God. Perhaps some races are better at some things but they are also not as good at other things.

Also, we are talking about averages. If I were to say that on average whites are not as good as blacks at something, that in no way implies that there are not many whites who in fact are.

I just wanted to set the record straight. I am not into race supremacy.

Thank you,

Reel

Coulda fooled me.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Coulda fooled me.
I understand. That's why I felt it was necessary to state my beliefs.

- Reel

Old 07-20-2009, 10:05 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,326,264 times
Quote:
In my case, yes.........but seriously:

I don't believe members of any "race" are inferior or superior in any way to members of any other "race".
REALLY???

Then how do you explain when certain ethnicities/racial groups excel in certain areas(physically or mentally) and not others???

Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
REALLY???

Then how do you explain when certain ethnicities/racial groups excel in certain areas(physically or mentally) and not others???
Examples?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:10 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,964,959 times
Quote:
Coulda fooled me.

As Im sure you are more often than not.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
As Im sure you are more often than not.
Yes, I am one of those who are handicapped by my racial background.................ya know, my lack of intelligence and morality..........

Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,326,264 times
Quote:
Examples?
Well certain sports...why are blacks overrepresented in certain sports when compared to the percentage of population?
Good fortune?

Why do black people from East Africa make better long distance runners?
Luck?

Do you think all races are the same?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
You just destroyed any of your alleged credibility by:

citing anything that troll says.

ascribing IQ measurements to anyone in sub-Saharan Africa.

using IQ measurements at all.
I don't understand your reluctance to discuss intelligence. Intelligence is real, measureable, substantial and pervasive in almost all aspects of human life. Intelligence is the single most accurate predictor of how well humans will do in life.

Intelligence has been researched and studied by many people for many years and it will continue to be so. I study and research intelligence and you try to make me out to be the 'bad guy' for reporting my findings. You are shooting the messenger, my friend.

If something is just my opinion I will say so. Otherwise I deal with facts proven through years of research, study and testing. Just because you may be unhappy with where the chips fall doesn't refute any of the findings by experts in the field.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies