Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

Someone please tell me what standard we are using. I dont really care which one applies, I just want ONE STANDARD.

Joe Wilson says " you lie" to the president and he is a racist.

a bunch of black kids beat the crap out of a white kid and it isnt about race.

I just what standard are we using?

(for those wondering, I believe both cases are not related to race.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 01:00 PM

11 posts, read 60,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Slaves were freed over a 100 years ago and they at that time had the opportunity to go out and make it on their own just like anybody else.
LOL, are you serious "opportunity to go out and make it on their own". Not trying to be funny you should read some more. As of 1959, which was the last time that the annual Lynch Report was published, a total of 4,733 persons had died as a result of lynching, and yes there were numerous lynchings in the 60's too. Have you ever heard or Rosewood or Black wal l street? These were sucessfull black cities that were burned to the ground because of racial hatred. Wealth and success is passed down generationaly, how can any people build wealth when their foundation is cut from underneith them repeatly.

And before you react, No I am not an African American, however I am Black, I am the decendant of African, Irish, Scottish, and Indian slaves (yes whites were slaves too) in the caribbean, and my people were not subject to jim crow or the segergation of American the south, so In tern we have aquired a fair amount of sucess.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:26 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
have you spoken to or know what is in the mind of every liberal. Your generalization and assumption is the same as a LIE. There are some on both sides of the aisle will play on the past or behavior of others to justify actions. I never have and never will and I'm a liberal, so try again.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain because that would be racist stereotyping.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:39 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Were the Akron attacks a hoax?
Even FNC gave up on the story.
Somethings fishy about this one....
LOL...keep the faith,we all know black people NEVER attack white people.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Someone please tell me what standard we are using. I dont really care which one applies, I just want ONE STANDARD.
It would certainly make things easier, but hardly account for the complexity of motive in human behavior.

Quote:
Joe Wilson says " you lie" to the president and he is a racist.
Saying "you lie" made him rude and in violation of the House rules, but not necessarily racist. However, his alleged associations raise the possibility that he could in fact hold racist tendencies. If this is the case, there could be a racial element to "you lie." In addition, the fact that no one had called out "you lie" to a President during a joint address to Congress before could also raise questions about the motivation behind "you lie," apart for the particulars of Wilson's life, though such a correlation could most likely never be more than hypothetical at best, unless taken as one of many examples that together could support "you lie" being racially-motivated.

Quote:
a bunch of black kids beat the crap out of a white kid and it isnt about race.
"A student on a Belleville West High School bus was beaten for his choice of seat, not because he was white, according to a witness and police.

'The incident appears now to be more about a couple of bullies on a bus dictating where people sit,' said Belleville Police Capt. Don Sax, who originally said Monday's attack may have been racially motivated."
Dispute over seat sparked attack on school bus, student says - STLtoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisnews/story/60D37B6EC5FF4711862576320011605B?OpenDocument - broken link)

Upon investigation, the incident was ruled an act of bullying, plain and simple. Has anyone heard the parents of the victim or anyone else dispute this conclusion since the Police Capt. stated this? If not, why would anyone suspect anything different?

Quote:
I just what standard are we using?
Critical thinking.

Last edited by helenejen; 09-16-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Old 09-16-2009, 08:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ohio.com - Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family (http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html - broken link)
"Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

Sure sounds like a hate crime to me...
Sounds race related to me also.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sounds race related to me also.
Sounds to me like it happened on the 4th of JULY.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
And your point is??
race attacks can't happen on the 4th of July? Or because it was the 4th of July it didn't count?

Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 PM

103 posts, read 147,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
SO it's still race related . call the feds it's a hate crime

Old 09-16-2009, 11:01 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudandwhite View Post
SO it's still race related . call the feds it's a hate crime
Feds dont want to be labled as racists so they ignore black on white crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies