U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,884,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I am getting a sneaking suspicion that one poster has been indoctrinated into believing the crap being taught about slavery....
Crap..Please elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,312,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
None of which were classified as hate crimes. Every crime by a black man against a white woman is not a hate crime.
Is every crime by a white person against a black person a hate crime?

Funny how quickly people jump to THAT conclusion around here...

Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,258,238 times
Quote:
No I wouldn't..The senario you mention happens every damn day but I live with it..Like I said, no racial slurs were used and the investigation continues. It may or may not have been a racial incident. We'll see.
So the only slurs you liberals recognize are the ones against blacks? Anything else is okay, according to you.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:03 AM

12,758 posts, read 8,804,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I would be interested in the link to this information, just to better inform myself. But it doesn't take away from the fact that crime, by and large, is about opportunity. And that while racial statistics may be useful to crime enforcement and interesting to the general public, that they are also used to perpetuate stereotypes and hatred. Stereotypes and hatred that in turn promote more crime. Shouldn't we all try to promote less crime by focusing less on the racial aspects of crime, and more on economic aspects of crime? Because statistics over and over show the connection between crime and poverty. And the racial statistics on crime certainly don't disprove the poverty connection in any way, shape or form.
Let me find that link for you..gimme a few mins...

Old 07-09-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Oh brother.....no living black person today was in chains are made to work on the plantations. I'm of Irish descent, should I moan and bellyache every day about how the Irish were oppressed by the English? Or how there were oppressed by the coal barons when they came to America? "No Irish Need Apply" signs?
There are MANY blacks living today that were not allowed to vote on there 18th birthdays, can't say the same about the Irish in the 1960s ..

Old 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Is every crime by a white person against a black person a hate crime?

No..got a link for that occuring or are you making shyt up.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM

19,396 posts, read 17,495,338 times
It certainly was a hate crime, all crime is a hate crime. If race based crimes rate extra punishment in Ohio, then this certainly merits it. Two guys faced down 50 of these punks, they deserve hero status. At the very least their medical bills and lost time at work should be paid by the city or state.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:06 AM

2,088 posts, read 2,250,273 times
Quote:
There are MANY blacks living to today that were not allowed to vote on there 18th birthdays, can't say the same about the Irish in the 1960s ..
I have friends and families of all groups. My sister in law is Black. My President is Black. None of them were ever slaves. Give it up. Your race baiting is so tiring.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:08 AM

19,556 posts, read 19,312,364 times
Quote:
Crap..Please elaborate.
Most slaves (sold into slavery by their own 'people') from africa never came to the USA (or the 13 colonies beforehand).

The whole 'Roots' fairy tale....a made up story sold to make people here feel bad about something they could do nothing about.

How the suffering of black people HERE in the USA was somehow worse making it okay to act the way they do now,demanding payments(kind of funny to think getting money will somehow make this terrible travesty all better...) from others who did nothing to them.

The complete blowing out of proportion of the scale of lynchings in the USA and the idea it was a entirely black thing.

Sorry, a group of people can only cry so much about how badly they were treated a hundred plus years ago before those who they are demanding give them money get turned off.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I have friends and families of all groups. My sister in law is Black. My President is Black. None of them were ever slaves. Give it up. Your race baiting is so tiring.
Where am I baiting..Did I start this thread? What do your friends have to do with this discussion?

Was the statement I made that you quoted true or not..Answer that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies