Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I am guessing from this you are black,that might explain your attitude.
Nice find Sherlock..My attitude is the way it is because I've lived my life and my experiences matter..Oops, I guess that makes me racist like Sotomayor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL..respond to being happy that my ancestors were enslaved..We've got enough bullshyt being spewed in this thread, keep your to yourself.
I don't think that's what they meant. they meant that black people are better off over here, than being in africa, and I agree with that. look at the freaking conditions in africa. almost everyone can trace thier roots to some form of opression. I am a descendent of joseph smith, who was murdered for this religious beliefs. death is worse than being a slave, or else all slaves would have killed themselves. I win.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
You think black people are being ruled over by whites...perhaps you might look inward for the racial intolerance you profess to despise?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
LOL..respond to being happy that my ancestors were enslaved..We've got enough bullshyt being spewed in this thread, keep your to yourself.

Fact of the matter is, the MSM is actively suppressing Black on whiite crime, while emphasising white on black crime. A good example is this:

The Duke rape case went on for weeks ad nauseum, wall to wall coverage from every possible angle. However, the Channon Christian case was all but ignored by the media. I am not suprised if you have never heard of Channon Christian, so here is a link: (WARNING: very disturbing)

snopes.com: Murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian

Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
Nice find Sherlock..My attitude is the way it is because I've lived my life and my experiences matter..Oops, I guess that makes me racist like Sotomayor
Well yes you do come across as a racial apologist.

Poor guy,'the man' has held you down.

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That was a question. There are no dumb questions. You just don't have an answer. If I were black, I would be thanking my lucky stars that I no longer live in that country where my own people sold me. Now that is where you really want to live.
Another blatantly ignorant post.

You must have never heard of, or have forgotten many of the great civilizations that emerged from Africa. Just like the great civilizations in Asia, South America, Europe, the Middle East...

The slave trade in Africa, since this seems to be the theme you keep coming back to, was very different than in America.

Slaves were usually acquired through war. Slaves were held for a certain amount of time and then were eventually free citizens after that time limit. They were also not lynched, beaten, and treated like animals.

Slavery is wrong no matter what the circumstances. Just thought I would give you a little history lesson though since you seem to be so caught up on the subject.

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
As usual, you are trying to change the point. Any negative comment on Obamas' personal life has been labeled racist. Any negative comment on Palins' personal life has been celebrated. And this is not prejudice and has a tint of racism? Only seen this way by a racist.
Take a look at the nature of the negative comments. Many negative comments on the Obamas have been based on their race. A picture of Obama depicted as an ape has a different impact then a picture of Palin depicted as an ape because the intent is different. Both of them, in seeking such high office, opened their personal lives to scrutiny because character is an integral part of that high office. But Obama was attacked not just for his personal choices, but for his ancestry. Palin was not attacked for her ancestry. She may have been attacked for many reasons, and some of those reasons not very legitimate, but her ancestry wasn't brought up again and again and again. That's the distinction people make about whether the attacks were racist or not.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The US is getting more and more hypocrite. A white woman in politics has been bashed over and over and it seems to be allowed. When one word is said about the POTUS, it is racism....

When black people say the "n" word it is okay and when a white person says the same thing it is racims...

When black people call white people names it is normal...when white people say something similar it is racism...

Result...Racism will be growing more and more!
[quote=Predos;9676588]
Quote:

Reread his post. You can take off your bigot blinders when you do.
Here's the post..Show me where anybody besides this poster has attributed the bashing of Palin to her being white..She has probably been bashed by more white women then anybody else. Let this one go..

Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Well, I can agree with you about one thing - hatred does beget hatred. And your hatred has deluded you to the extent that you are so blind to believe that Indians were savages and blacks were lucky to get a free trip to America. So, they were lucky to have their land stolen, to be murdered, chained up like animals, beaten and raped.

Sorry, but one would have to be sick and inhuman(e) to actually believe that.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
So I guess you choose to rewrite history. I don't hate Indians, they were my ancestors and I don't hate black people, but that does not keep me from realizing how things were. I personally would not want to live where the black people come from. I like being American and I hope this country can survive, but in order to do so one has to face reality. Right now the political correct thing to do is to pretend that everybody but white people are saints and have never done anything wrong and everybody else is a victim. I am not a victim, I feel like a very fortunate person. I think anyone that has the privilege to live in America and be a citizen should consider themselves the most fortunate people in the world. I am thankful.

BTW there is one black person on city-data that is thankful that they live in America. I got that question from her because no one else seemed to notice she posted it. She is the one that mentioned that she feels fortunate her ancestors came to this country. My guess is that she is a happy person. So there are at least two happy people in America.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You think black people are being ruled over by whites...perhaps you might look inward for the racial intolerance you profess to despise?
Who said that..Who are you responding to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies