Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 AM

184 posts, read 132,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Okay so this happened (I'll take your word for it,no link) is this a reason to start a "race war"

Again, what do you want to see happen at the coclusion of this race war?

On second thought how about a link to the story you claim happened, let's see if it's as black and white as you claim.
there was this white women who went campaigning for obama in the ghetto and some black thugs killed her and for couple of days every black person walked by her dead body and never called a police until some utility workers came and saw her corpse and called policae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 02:46 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,955 times
Originally Posted by twowolves
Covering face with arms....but maybe if the blacks (not all but many) would remove the chips from their shoulders....racism would begin to go away......

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So let's get this straight...its the Blacks fault that racism exists.

If Blacks got the "chips off their shoulders" racism (against ALL races) would cease to exist as we know it? No offense but that makes no sense whatsoever.
(...places chip back on shoulder)
The Wolf Man could have elaborated a little more on his thoughts but Cali is usually a better debater than this. First, no Wolf is not talking about all races. This thread is about blacks and he references blacks in his post. He's talking about racism against blacks. Second, he said many blacks. He went out of his way to say 'not all' blacks. Third, he said that racism would 'begin' to go away. He did not say 'cease to exist' as you claim.

The fact of the matter is that many blacks are hyper-sensitive about racism and often see racism where none exists. Remember the government official in Texas that claimed saying something disappeared into a black hole was racist. I'm not going to go into a definition of a black hole right now but the white guy was making a valid point and was not being racist. Reference the Alford - Boxer exchange. I went into why in another thread but Senator Boxer was not being racist but was accused of such by Mr. Alford. I could go on and on.

Remeber the televised interview with the black kid during the Pennsylvania swimming pool incident. Whether or not it was motivated by racism, the kid, maybe 8 years old, said, "Boy, I thought we had left this kind of thing in the past". This kid doesn't remember the past when racism was bad. He was told what to say.

Remeber the televised Rev. Jerimiah Wright anti-rich white man rants. The blacks were hooting and hollering and there were many children in attendance.

Remeber the Don Lemmon interview with several black college students during CNN's Black in America series. He asked all of the students two questions. The first was, "Is there still racism in America?" They all said, "yes". Then he asked them if they themselves had experienced racism and they all said no. I'm sure they just heard about from their black elders such as Rev. Wright, their parents, Jessie Jackson, etc.

Black kids all over the country are being made to believe that racism is worse than it is because of what they're being told by their elders. Many of them will become hyper-sensitive about racism as many of the elders are. By the way, hyper-sensitive about race is what the Wolf Man means when he says 'chip on the shoulder'. I think he has a valid point.

- Reel

Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times
What an excellent post, Reel.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:07 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Really, so me and my friends sit around all day calling each other ni@@er!

My friend you should listen to black people in real life, that's not how we talk to one another as a general rule.
I have heard it among the black people I work with...normally the younger ones so maybe you are old.

I have also been called the dreaded 'N' word myself...quite odd all things considered.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
there was this white women who went campaigning for obama in the ghetto and some black thugs killed her and for couple of days every black person walked by her dead body and never called a police until some utility workers came and saw her corpse and called policae
I really believe this story. Just like I believe what Carol Stuart, Tanya Dacri, Susan Smith and Bonnie Sweeten said. My BS detector is finely honed, and it's going off right now.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
What an excellent post, Reel.
All from an individual who believes blacks are intellectually inferior.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:04 AM

366 posts, read 1,185,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Only those from sub-saharan Africa... Their average IQ is 70...

Does Reel need to cite that gem again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
would you say that they are superior?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
would you say that they are superior?

In my case, yes.........but seriously:

I don't believe members of any "race" are inferior or superior in any way to members of any other "race".

Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Originally Posted by twowolves
Covering face with arms....but maybe if the blacks (not all but many) would remove the chips from their shoulders....racism would begin to go away......

The Wolf Man could have elaborated a little more on his thoughts but Cali is usually a better debater than this. First, no Wolf is not talking about all races. This thread is about blacks and he references blacks in his post. He's talking about racism against blacks. Second, he said many blacks. He went out of his way to say 'not all' blacks. Third, he said that racism would 'begin' to go away. He did not say 'cease to exist' as you claim.

The fact of the matter is that many blacks are hyper-sensitive about racism and often see racism where none exists. Remember the government official in Texas that claimed saying something disappeared into a black hole was racist. I'm not going to go into a definition of a black hole right now but the white guy was making a valid point and was not being racist. Reference the Alford - Boxer exchange. I went into why in another thread but Senator Boxer was not being racist but was accused of such by Mr. Alford. I could go on and on.

Remeber the televised interview with the black kid during the Pennsylvania swimming pool incident. Whether or not it was motivated by racism, the kid, maybe 8 years old, said, "Boy, I thought we had left this kind of thing in the past". This kid doesn't remember the past when racism was bad. He was told what to say.

Remeber the televised Rev. Jerimiah Wright anti-rich white man rants. The blacks were hooting and hollering and there were many children in attendance.

Remeber the Don Lemmon interview with several black college students during CNN's Black in America series. He asked all of the students two questions. The first was, "Is there still racism in America?" They all said, "yes". Then he asked them if they themselves had experienced racism and they all said no. I'm sure they just heard about from their black elders such as Rev. Wright, their parents, Jessie Jackson, etc.

Black kids all over the country are being made to believe that racism is worse than it is because of what they're being told by their elders. Many of them will become hyper-sensitive about racism as many of the elders are. By the way, hyper-sensitive about race is what the Wolf Man means when he says 'chip on the shoulder'. I think he has a valid point.

- Reel
Reel-

thank you SO much for 'getting' my post. I guess it was too indepth for cali. Even though quite brief.

If they would stop crying foul all the time....maybe we'd all 'mesh' better.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies