Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I blew that one bad. I meant to point out that most blacks tend to lean toward Democrat and maybe you have listed all the reasons. Anyway I was referring to Dem - Rep only. I manage to sound like that much of the time but those who don't really like me call me racist, for some reason, and that sentence sounded much like that to me when I went back and read it. I guess reading the young man's words about how he is treated in society for failing to be Democrat fooled me, or something. I am quite sure that unless he attends an all black school that most of the whites his age are very Democrat leaning, also. It is the age that I really was talking about, not his race.
No problem...but you are right, most of the black men in my life are dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 02:04 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Here comes another of the double standard people making noise about the same thing. Of course, I don't agree with you guys often but neither of you has been able to see what you do is the same thing I do. I guess some agenda driven people just have trouble.
double standard is what I was calling you out on. I haven't seen you ever come to a middle ground with anyone left of Limbaugh. I find it amusing that someone with your views would eve atempt to call anyone else out on bbeing partisan.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
I suspect the recent timed release of things like this -- this, and Neal Boortz reading Anne Wortham's thing this week -- is part of the RNC's perennial drive to "recruit the young folk, and the black folk...."

They let Michael Steele try that baseball cap/hip-hop approach...that didnt work...now they're trying an approach that's more comfortable for themselves... just creepier and creepier.

Did Jerome turn out to be a real person?

Old 07-10-2009, 07:03 AM

366 posts, read 1,185,925 times
One man. Allegedly.
One letter.
One opinion.

Big deal.

Everyone has an opinion.
Why does the GOP crowd feel so compelled to post these letters?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
lol typical liberal stupidity
Why is it any kind of stupidity to question the source for a controversial post?

Quote:
Sorry Ray, but I just clicked on that link and it worked for me. I thought about putting it down again but remembered that I didn't get that thing from Yahoo. Ah no, that came from Glenn Beck in an e-mail to me from him. I wonder why it works for me and not for you. Could it be because I want it to?
No. But it could be because you have a Yahoo mail account and I don't.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
The republican party and the democrat party did nothing for slaves, white people, black people and or religions.

Individuals and ideas changed this world, it would change no matter what because the day the constitution and the bill of rights were written it inspired a nation and other nations for people to believe in something.
To remove kings and queens, the class standards, the color and race and peoples liberty to speak about what they feel openly.
Freedom of speech, freedom of ideas and without freedom and even just the word those in slavery or those oppressed any where in the world is what all humans desire.
With a R or D next to your name is the downfall of a nation.
Government is not the solution the individual is and liberty starts in the minds of individuals not via a government program.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
I once communicated with a young black Republican on another forum but lost contact when that forum folded with the sale of Knight Ridder to McClutchy. He was so much like this one and worked with the College Young Republicans. He made too much sense in his arguments for libs to touch him and they stayed away from him.

I have to agree about conservatism but think that the liberals are shooting off both feet with some of their legislation so they are doing all the work needed. (Crap and Tax)

What kind of sense do these black conservatives make in their arguments?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:39 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
Yes, that is the question that I would love someone to answer. There are black conservatives who don't like Obama, so they either voted for McCain or 3rd party. What is the purpose of posting these letters? What, if any, impact do you think they will have? Basically, what is the point?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by west_end_don View Post
One man. Allegedly.
One letter.
One opinion.

Big deal.

Everyone has an opinion.
Why does the GOP crowd feel so compelled to post these letters?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:46 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Yes, that is the question that I would love someone to answer. There are black conservatives who don't like Obama, so they either voted for McCain or 3rd party. What is the purpose of posting these letters? What, if any, impact do you think they will have? Basically, what is the point?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

probably the same reason dems are obsessed with an ex governor from alaska.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Too bad his community college education failed.
I see that you know very little about our higher education system unless you mean that the job of community colleges is to create good little liberal followers. Many kids start out at a community college and go on to four schools for a variety of reasons. Often the main reason is cost since the community school is in their home town or very close.

Oh well, probably you were thinking of my first suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies