U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 PM

26,193 posts, read 18,890,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I guess when summer vacation is over, and 7th grade starts in a month or so, we'll see fewer posts from the righties.
why's that? doesn't your classroom have access to the internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why's that? doesn't your classroom have access to the internet?
Now that is one great answer. I wonder if it will get another answer.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:56 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Good point, don't forget some are hooked on Hannity and others mainline O'Reilly.
Is it fair to like Fox and not like either Hannity or O'Reilly. If not then I am a dirty bird for having them on all day and not at night. In fact, I much prefer the programming from HGTV to either of them.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:00 PM

19,891 posts, read 16,272,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
It gets so tiring reading posts from people who, for whatever reason, refuse to READ. Yet here again have (I won't print their names, look them up) accusing me of saying that Fox "took" the still photo. I never said that, in fact I put the word "still" in quotes. Also FYI I never said Fox took the video, that was probably "pool" video.

Funny how when the right tells a lie, on Fox, Rush or C-D they will defend it to the death and accuse anyone who points out their lie of all sorts of horrible things. When we point out an obvious lie of the right we're accused of having (fill in the name of any embarrassing Republican) "obsession", or "syndrome".

I guess we could say the same thing about these dittoheads and just substitute the names; Obama, Pelosi or Biden. The difference is that the right is printing lies, and we're not.

I guess when summer vacation is over, and 7th grade starts in a month or so, we'll see fewer posts from the righties.

golfgod
It is a Reuters photo. So how could she call out Fox. Call out Reuters and every other news outlet that carried the photo. You are picking the wrong example to show FOX bias.

You actually should credit FOX for setting the record straight!

U.S. President Barack Obama (C) and France's President Nicolas ... - Yahoo! News Photos

Old 07-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is it fair to like Fox and not like either Hannity or O'Reilly. If not then I am a dirty bird for having them on all day and not at night. In fact, I much prefer the programming from HGTV to either of them.
I am with you I think they are dopes but I wouldn't waste a second thinking about them much less starting a thread about anything they say.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:44 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,564,316 times
Quote:
It is a Reuters photo. So how could she call out Fox. Call out Reuters and every other news outlet that carried the photo. You are picking the wrong example to show FOX bias.

You actually should credit FOX for setting the record straight!

U.S. President Barack Obama (C) and France's President Nicolas ... - Yahoo! News Photos
Probably because the Fox News forums were running the misleading photo and not acknowledging the video that shows the truth. They had posters on the Fox News forums harping on Obama for checking out a minor. Not too different than C-D or many other forums out there.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Probably because the Fox News forums were running the misleading photo and not acknowledging the video that shows the truth. They had posters on the Fox News forums harping on Obama for checking out a minor. Not too different than C-D or many other forums out there.
Exactly like many other forums. Fox had nothing to do with the photo other than printing it like other forums. Fox was the first via Greta to show the truth. You should congratulate them not castigate them.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:56 PM

22,362 posts, read 27,498,773 times
Quote:
I am with you I think they are dopes but I wouldn't waste a second thinking about them much less starting a thread about anything they say.
We should be glad there are commentators out there like Hannity and O'Reilly to counter what the left says (and claims).

Although I don't agree with O'Reilly on some things, I (along with millions others) agree with him on many important issues (keeping spending in check, closing the border, etc).

Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
We should be glad there are commentators out there like Hannity and O'Reilly to counter what the left says (and claims).

Although I don't agree with O'Reilly on some things, I (along with millions others) agree with him on many important issues (keeping spending in check, closing the border, etc).
There is a place for them, they just are not my cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies