U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Sacramento, Ca
2,048 posts, read 2,796,699 times
Reputation: 1650

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
This is what I'm understanding from the OP:

Republicans: Preach morals -> Break morals = BAD

Democrats: No morals to break = GOOD
Yes, I got that impression too.


So, I guess we just keep arguing, "We are good, you are bad" while in reality both parties screw us out of out money and our liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:17 PM
 
2,229 posts, read 1,368,912 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
So, the Republicans who are all about an "ownership" society and "taking responsibility for yourself" have now reached a new low. It turns out that Senator John Ensign, R/NV, beside (allegedly, under investigation by the FBI) used taxpayer money to give his former mistress/legislative aid an nice parting gift, "severance payment" decided that even at 51 he's not quite old enough to stand on his own feet.

In addition to the other slimy things he did he conned "Mummy and Daddy" to pony up another $96,000 as "friendship offerings" to her and her family.

Good lord man, you're 51 years old, you're pulling down $170K or so per year from the taxpayers, you probably sold your veterinary practice for a nice chunk, you've got tons of loyal (mob related) donors, and you're still hitting up Mom and Dad. It's time to move out the basement and get a freaking paper route to pay your own way.

golfgod
So now, the action of 1 in this case represents the ENTIRE party.

Your thread = Fail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:18 PM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,585,158 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's ok if you're a republican.

I can't believe mommy & daddy paid for his affair, that's truly funny.
So you dont think you are responsible for yourself or your own actions and able to mess up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:19 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,984,983 times
Reputation: 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's ok if you're a republican.
Where are the Republicans that are defending him? What have they offered as a defense? Was it along the lines of "everybody lies about sex?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:20 PM
 
2,229 posts, read 1,368,912 times
Reputation: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Republicans pinned the responsibility, values and patriotism tags on themselves and have violated all of them.
Please show me where I have violated them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,390 posts, read 20,026,742 times
Reputation: 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
So, the Republicans who are all about an "ownership" society and "taking responsibility for yourself" have now reached a new low. It turns out that Senator John Ensign, R/NV, beside (allegedly, under investigation by the FBI) used taxpayer money to give his former mistress/legislative aid an nice parting gift, "severance payment" decided that even at 51 he's not quite old enough to stand on his own feet.

In addition to the other slimy things he did he conned "Mummy and Daddy" to pony up another $96,000 as "friendship offerings" to her and her family.

Good lord man, you're 51 years old, you're pulling down $170K or so per year from the taxpayers, you probably sold your veterinary practice for a nice chunk, you've got tons of loyal (mob related) donors, and you're still hitting up Mom and Dad. It's time to move out the basement and get a freaking paper route to pay your own way.

golfgod

I know I've explained this many times before, but I guess some people weren't paying attention. The difference between conservatives and liberals is that conservatives will hold him accountable for his misdeeds. Liberals march to a different beat. Clinton is still wildly popular in liberal circles. Could you imagine the fall out from a Republican president screwing around with an intern. In fact, I doubt you could name a national figure in the Republican party who cheated on his wife or engaging other inappropriate behavior who wasn't effectively dismissed by the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,759,886 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Where have I excused what he did and say he shouldnt take whatever his punishment is?
Perhaps when you said we all make mistakes, threw in a bible quote, and excused his behavior.

Probably then; you can reread your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,759,886 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
So now, the action of 1 in this case represents the ENTIRE party.

Your thread = Fail
Shall we list all of the Rs who have been busted for sexual transgressions?
That could be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,759,886 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So you dont think you are responsible for yourself or your own actions and able to mess up
???

His mommy and daddy paid for his affair.
How is that being responsible for himself?

IOKIYAR.

Don't see you giving any Ds room for this type of pity party.

Hypocrisy, Jadex is thy name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM
 
6,966 posts, read 5,403,691 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Perhaps when you said we all make mistakes, threw in a bible quote, and excused his behavior.

Probably then; you can reread your posts.
Thanks - Now I don't have to point out the error of his posts.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top