U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:59 PM

24,629 posts, read 25,846,426 times

Advertisements

Bring it on, I'll bet my list will be longer than yours.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-10-2009 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: typing, fat fingers
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM

10,535 posts, read 12,455,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Look at all of the "personal responsibility" and "family values" leadership of your party that get busted.

They bring it on themselves with their sanctimonious approach to everyone else.
No one forces them into their hypocrisy, but when they stand in front of the flag and a cross, beating their chests at the rest of the world, they deserve all the scorn they get.
First, I claim no party.

For those the preach to others and are shown to be hypocrites, you're right; they deserve the scorn the get. That's pretty consistent with what I've been saying.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Sorry, then I misread you.
It's all about the hypocrisy for me.
It's just that the Rs are so vocal in their bs that they can't possibly live up to.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,949,585 times
Quote:
It's just that the Rs are so vocal in their bs that they can't possibly live up to.
Yes, they are. So are the Democrats. It saddens me that so many are blind to the evil of "their side" yet are so judging of the "other side"

Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 PM

The Dems are by no means the "family values" and "promisekeeper" party.
The Dems have their own problems, like herding cats, but the bs about "family values" is not part of it.
That's pretty much a Rep platform all of its own.
Funny, more dems stay married than the Reps.

Political Irony › The Party of Family Values? (includes nice color-coded chart)
Divorce Statistics Republicans vs. Democrats - LoveToKnow Divorce
Why do conservative christians have the highest divorce rates in the nation? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,382,670 times
Quote:
The Dems are by no means the "family values" and "promisekeeper" party.
The Dems have their own problems, like herding cats, but the bs about "family values" is not part of it.
That's pretty much a Rep platform all of its own.
Funny, more dems stay married than the Reps.

Political Irony › The Party of Family Values? (includes nice color-coded chart)
Divorce Statistics Republicans vs. Democrats - LoveToKnow Divorce
Why do conservative christians have the highest divorce rates in the nation? - Yahoo! Answers

because they murder their mistresses.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:34 PM

647 posts, read 725,390 times
The only political fornication / sin case that I am concerned with is how the current administration is screwing this nation to death while we are distracted with stories such as this one or the dead pedophile....

Old 07-10-2009, 01:36 PM

552 posts, read 781,789 times
Quote:
Bring it on, I'll bet my list will be longer than yours.
Oh, I thought you were going to do both lists. My bad.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:42 PM

3,553 posts, read 7,148,941 times
momonkey (trying to play snarky on us) wrote; I
Quote:
know I've explained this many times before, but I guess some people weren't paying attention.
Correct, we often ignore people who parrot Drudge and Limbaugh talking points.

Quote:
The difference between conservatives and liberals is that conservatives will hold him accountable for his misdeeds.
Hold him responsible? FTW world are you living on? Senator Coburn (R/OK) advised him to pay off the girl. This is not suprising when you consider that both of them are part of the "Family" which preaches (and practices) that the rich should do everything in their power to amass more (earthly) wealth for themselves and trample on "lesser" human beings. I guess you righties consider that to be "that old time religion".

Quote:
In fact, I doubt you could name a national figure in the Republican party who cheated on his wife or engaging other inappropriate behavior who wasn't effectively dismissed by the party.
Newt Gingrich, cheated on two wives, one while chastising Clinton, Larry Craig (he of the "rent-a-wife"), John Vitter, John Ensign, Mark Sanford and the dirtbag who was Speaker of the House for 20 minutes. None of them were "dismissed" by the party and many in the party consider Newt to be their best hope for 2012. I've heard R talking heads this week saying that Sanford is "not done" if he can patch things up with his wife.

But you are right about Clinton still being popular, and not just with Democrats. Somehow 8 years of peace and prosperity counts for something with a lot of people.

golfgod

Old 07-10-2009, 01:44 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,382,670 times
like I said, we see a lot more republicans get caught because democrats kill the woman after the affair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or