U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:40 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,812,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enolihi View Post
"He who has not sinned, let him throw the first stone."
How is this a religious issue or are you one of those people that EVERYTHING Is a religious issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 12:41 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
How is this a religious issue or are you one of those people that EVERYTHING Is a religious issue.
maybe they meant to say "cast the first stoned." it is a drug issue.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:41 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,338,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Maybe its Obama. Oh wait you dont wanna be petty now right
Your comprehension is lacking. Try again. Here:

I never initiate pettyness. I only respond to it, and I respond in kind.

Clear?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,338,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
nuff said.
Your comprehension is lacking, as well. What part of "...I respond in kind" don't you understand?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,341,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
nuff said.
Heheh. Game. Set. Match.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM

3,288 posts, read 3,980,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't think anyone can deny that his music had a cultural impact, his music was awesome but that doesn't translate him into being a hero. He was a junkie and probably worse. People need to learn how to seperate the man from his music. The same thing is true of Elvis, he was a junkie but people have made him into a god, saying he isn't even dead and crazy things like that.

Why does death change reality for some?? The hysteria of this is amazing to me.
People appreciate his music and his work ethic, I don't see how this is hard to understand or hard to understand why people admire him. I'm admittedly not one of these people but I get it.

As a note this says more about you, since you seem to think doing drugs is a sin. Michael Phelps apparently smoked a lot of weed and the dude is a once in a lifetime athlete. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Jimmy Hendrix, etc. did loads of drugs and people admire them for their work and the impact they had on their lives.

I don't equate drug use = horrible person and I doubt these people do as well.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:59 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,556,981 times
Michael Jackson's story is actually rather similar to Elvis Presley's--a mixed-up individual who couldn't really handle life, let alone celebrity.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 PM

552 posts, read 759,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafrog View Post
heheh. Game. Set. Match.
funny

Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,812,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
People appreciate his music and his work ethic, I don't see how this is hard to understand or hard to understand why people admire him. I'm admittedly not one of these people but I get it.

As a note this says more about you, since you seem to think doing drugs is a sin. Michael Phelps apparently smoked a lot of weed and the dude is a once in a lifetime athlete. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Jimmy Hendrix, etc. did loads of drugs and people admire them for their work and the impact they had on their lives.

I don't equate drug use = horrible person and I doubt these people do as well.
I am an atheist, I don't believe in or use words like sin.
I do believe that a man who has custody of several children indulging in the life that he did is a BAD PERSON. I admire his music as I do plenty other artists but being a drug addict is NOT a good thing, it should not equal someone becoming a HERO.
Neither should death wipe away the reality of that persons life and death. MJ had incredible talent that he squandered pure and simple by becoming a drug addict.
He spoke of abuse that was heaped on him by his Father, this I do not doubt but then he leaves his children in the custody of his Mother, the same Mother who stood by and did nothing to save MJ himself from the abuse?? Does that show a stable state of mind? Who knows what kind of hell lives these poor children are going to be forced to endure.
Its like he adopted those children like we would adopt a dog and then neglect it. He should have had their greater good be his first concern, instead he wanted children to play with so he purchased a couple. Their lives will turn into freak shows and drugs will probably become a part of their life just in order to try and deal with it.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,620,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Your comprehension is lacking. Try again. Here:

I never initiate pettyness. I only respond to it, and I respond in kind.

Clear?
No actually its fine and I am saying you do since your post on page 1 is pretty petty when you bring up Rush in a thread about Jackson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies