U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 PM
 
792 posts, read 1,103,406 times
Reputation: 1092

Advertisements

No matter how you cut it, MJ was the master of his own fate. I cannot dismiss the fact that he had more musical talent (a gift), in one little finger, than many of us could only wish we had or have.

It is unfortunate that in death, many of our deeds, and/or misdeeds will remain to haunt those left behind. In my eyes, that is wrong. Quite frankly, at this point, the jury has spoken, we thrive on gossip, rumor,and sordid fact. It would be nice, if we could allow his surviving children and family members to "rest in peace". Publicizing his misdeeds, suspected or proven, serves absolutely no constructive purpose. It is what it is....and quite frankly, none of our business...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Here and There
2,538 posts, read 3,372,477 times
Reputation: 3766
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
It is pathetic the way some of the leaders of this country are perpetuating the misguided hero worship of a man who, more likely than not based on reports and eye-witness accounts, was nothing better than a junkie.





Portrait of Jackson's pill consumption emerges - CNN.com

Who are these leaders you speak of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 12:19 AM
 
Location: Somewhere gray and damp, close to the West Coast
12,013 posts, read 2,223,261 times
Reputation: 5090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I would also like to add:

Who f--king cares?

Countless entertainers, authors, politicians, intellectuals, and so on have had their issues with alcohol and drugs. That does not change what they accomplished. I could name some of them, but I don't have the few hours it would take to tally up a short list. I won't even get into what kind of person has this kind of emotional investment in what people they don't even know do to their own bodies in their own private time.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY for now. Hanover, New Hampshire come the fall.
99 posts, read 128,686 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
There's nothing cold-hearted about my post. Why should any of us sugar-coat Jackson's drug habit? In case you haven't noticed, the U.S. has a serious drug problem, and to elevate any person, celebrity or not, to "hero" status, when that person was a serious junkie, is just beyond ludicrous.
Michael Jackson is seen as a hero to many because he singlehandedly broke down massive social barriers that had stood for time immemorial, and opened the door for an entire segment of this society to succeed. There were no black people on TV before Michael. There weren't all that many blacks songs in the mainstream media before Michael. Blacks artists didn't experience the astronomical monetary and sales success they do now until Michael showed up. As far as civil rights go, few individuals this side of Malcolm and Martin did more than he did.

Nobody has to sugar coat anything to know that Michael's drug habit, while bad, pales in comparison to the good he brought for many, many people, and not just the black ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:13 AM
 
1,375 posts, read 1,071,916 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw45 View Post
Michael Jackson is seen as a hero to many because he singlehandedly broke down massive social barriers that had stood for time immemorial, and opened the door for an entire segment of this society to succeed. There were no black people on TV before Michael. There weren't all that many blacks songs in the mainstream media before Michael. Blacks artists didn't experience the astronomical monetary and sales success they do now until Michael showed up. As far as civil rights go, few individuals this side of Malcolm and Martin did more than he did.

Nobody has to sugar coat anything to know that Michael's drug habit, while bad, pales in comparison to the good he brought for many, many people, and not just the black ones.
You failed to meant his strong feelings to sleep with young boys!
Bleach his skin cuz he wanted to be white instead of being black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:18 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY for now. Hanover, New Hampshire come the fall.
99 posts, read 128,686 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
You failed to meant his strong feelings to sleep with young boys!
Don't believe that one. Why people are still so quick to believe a claim from such a ridiculous complainant is beyond me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:21 AM
 
1,375 posts, read 1,071,916 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw45 View Post
Don't believe that one. Why people are still so quick to believe a claim from such a ridiculous complainant is beyond me.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was an actually statement made by wacko jacko.
You need to watch the Factor more often...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:27 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY for now. Hanover, New Hampshire come the fall.
99 posts, read 128,686 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was an actually statement made by wacko jacko.
You need to watch the Factor more often...
The factor? Are you serious?

He didn't molest the boy. He was tried again and again and investigated with an astronomical level of media and legal scrutiny. The supposed victim would have nothing to do with this case, the victims mother didn't think it happened, and the father, as you can clearly see from the video above, seemed motivated quite extensively by the dollar. Never mind the fact that he was not convicted.

He didn't do it. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:39 AM
 
1,375 posts, read 1,071,916 times
Reputation: 259
See you shows all where freaks love Micheal and hide behind the facts.
Actually Hannity showed a tape on wacko about he liked to sleep with
young boys. No is did not do anything that anyone knows of, but you don't sleep with
young children that aren't yours period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY for now. Hanover, New Hampshire come the fall.
99 posts, read 128,686 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
See you shows all where freaks love Micheal and hide behind the facts.
Wait, what?

Quote:
Actually Hannity showed a tape on wacko about he liked to sleep with
young boys.
Come again? Your lack of sentence structure perplexes me.

Quote:
No is did not do anything that anyone knows of, but you don't sleep with
young children that aren't yours period!


Ok, that's great. You keep on believing...uh...whatever it is you believe. Come and talk to me when you make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top