Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Heheh. Game. Set. Match.
LOL! Another one who can't read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 01:12 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No actually its fine
No, it's not.
Quote:
and I am saying you do since your post on page 1 is pretty petty when you bring up Rush in a thread about Jackson.
Yes, my post is petty. I never claimed it wasn't. What's that about your comprehension?

The thread is petty. I didn't initiate the thread. I did, however, respond in kind. That's exactly what I wrote.

Capiche? Comprendes? Ya dig? Get it? Undertstand?

Geez. What's so difficult about that?

Last edited by nvxplorer; 07-10-2009 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 01:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
I just never got sucked in by any celebrity and don't understand those who do.

I know an older gent who became enamored of Elvis at the age of 16 to the extent that he shut out all other art and reality for the rest of his life. Today, he is 66 years old and has life-size cardboard cutouts of Elvis all throughout his house. He told me that when he was sixteen when he first heard Elvis's voice on the radio, he just couldn't believe what a beautiful voice.

I told him that Elvis was a packaged product and not much more - and this really strained out relationship. He's still the security guard at the front gate, and he is still very happy and smiles all the time.

I just think that his obsession prevented his exposure to so much that might have aided his personal development. But then again, he is the most liked guard on the reservation.

But, Michael Jackson?

What a way to waste your life.

There's a scene in the movie Easy Rider where the Peter Fonda character asks the other character, "Did you ever want to be someone else?" "I never did", said the Fonda character. He said it as though that made him extremely rare.

Funny, MJ's fans wanted to be MJ - and MJ wanted to be someone else - probably wanted to be his fans.

Mutual reciprocal anti-narcissism?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:18 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
No, it's not.

Yes, my post is petty. I never claimed it wasn't. What's that about your comprehension?

The thread is petty. I didn't initiate the thread. I did, however, respond in kind. This is exactly what I wrote.

Lmboooooooo Nice spin there

Old 07-10-2009, 01:21 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,057 times
Man most if not all of the good musicians that have ever lived have been drug addicts. But I don't think Michael was looking to get high, he was just royally screwed up. But I do, and think most people would agree, that he was probably a child molester. But whatever, no one should be idolizing his principals or anything, just his music.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 PM

45 posts, read 93,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
How is this a religious issue or are you one of those people that EVERYTHING Is a religious issue.
No this is not a religious issue, but in essence it shows that everyone makes mistakes and does things they shouldn't do and we shouldn't point out to other people their problems as if we don't have enough of our own to take care of.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
No, it's not.

The thread is petty. I didn't initiate the thread. I did, however, respond in kind. This is exactly what I wrote.

Just leave them be, they're just trolls trying to get a response out of you. Don't take the bait.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Man most if not all of the good musicians that have ever lived have been drug addicts. But I don't think Michael was looking to get high, he was just royally screwed up. But I do, and think most people would agree, that he was probably a child molester. But whatever, no one should be idolizing his principals or anything, just his music.
I don't think he was a child molester per se, but rather he wanted to BE the child he was near.

Like, can I be you for a day, or week, or forever?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
I don't think he was a child molester per se, but rather he wanted to BE the child he was near.

Like, can I be you for a day, a week, forever?

Can I be you loving me because I treat you so well?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:29 PM

507 posts, read 678,506 times
I don't see the point of this thread. If you don't like the guy, don't make posts about him. Ignore the topic. It's that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies