U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-10-2009, 01:10 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,869,776 times
Reputation: 939

Advertisements

White House Kept Justice Lawyers in Dark on Warrantless Wiretapping - washingtonpost.com

"The Bush White House so strictly controlled access to its warrantless eavesdropping program that only three Justice Department lawyers were aware of the plan, which nearly ignited mass resignations and a constitutional crisis when a wider circle of administration officials began to question its legality, according to a watchdog report released today.

The unclassified summary is the first public sign of a long running investigative review of a program that provoked fierce conflict within the highest levels of the Bush administration in 2004. At the time, the Justice Department's second in command and the director of the FBI both vowed to resign if President Bush continued with electronic intelligence gathering that they believed was outside the boundaries of the law."

This is going to get very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2009, 01:12 PM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,130,532 times
Reputation: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
White House Kept Justice Lawyers in Dark on Warrantless Wiretapping - washingtonpost.com

"The Bush White House so strictly controlled access to its warrantless eavesdropping program that only three Justice Department lawyers were aware of the plan, which nearly ignited mass resignations and a constitutional crisis when a wider circle of administration officials began to question its legality, according to a watchdog report released today.

The unclassified summary is the first public sign of a long running investigative review of a program that provoked fierce conflict within the highest levels of the Bush administration in 2004. At the time, the Justice Department's second in command and the director of the FBI both vowed to resign if President Bush continued with electronic intelligence gathering that they believed was outside the boundaries of the law."

This is going to get very interesting.
Your right, they should have taken out an ad in the NY TImes and advertised it..wait a minute..the NY Times would have printed it for free..hmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
5,027 posts, read 5,525,848 times
Reputation: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Your right, they should have taken out an ad in the NY TImes and advertised it..wait a minute..the NY Times would have printed it for free..hmmm
I see. Nothing substantive or on-topic to say. Look ... a squirrel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Sacramento, Ca
2,048 posts, read 2,796,699 times
Reputation: 1650
Thread title should have read:

Obama not living up to expectations, I'm gonna try to bash Bush to distract from it.


get over it, remember it is supposed to be Change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 01:19 PM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,130,532 times
Reputation: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I see. Nothing substantive or on-topic to say. Look ... a squirrel!
Read between the lines..I have complete confidence in you..you can do it..go ahead..give it a try.. Try and find the substance and the point..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
 
5,165 posts, read 5,308,734 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
White House Kept Justice Lawyers in Dark on Warrantless Wiretapping - washingtonpost.com

"The Bush White House so strictly controlled access to its warrantless eavesdropping program that only three Justice Department lawyers were aware of the plan, which nearly ignited mass resignations and a constitutional crisis when a wider circle of administration officials began to question its legality, according to a watchdog report released today.

The unclassified summary is the first public sign of a long running investigative review of a program that provoked fierce conflict within the highest levels of the Bush administration in 2004. At the time, the Justice Department's second in command and the director of the FBI both vowed to resign if President Bush continued with electronic intelligence gathering that they believed was outside the boundaries of the law."

This is going to get very interesting.
The ****** in office has done nothing to change the wiretapping policy. In fact it has been backburnered out of the public eye for now.

Obama Sides With Bush in Spy Case | Threat Level | Wired.com

http://www.eff.org/press/archives/2009/04/05
I can not belive c-on- man- has been blanked out!

Last edited by cleanhouse; 07-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: add link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
obo
 
926 posts, read 861,887 times
Reputation: 204
If you think the Patriot Act was an invasion of privacy, wait until the dems pass the "cyber-bullying" act that's on the table. In light of that girl who commited suicide due to cyber bullying, there is now a bill on the table to monitor ALL electronic communications domestically and arrest you or fine you for offending someone. Talk about unAmerican!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 PM
 
5,165 posts, read 5,308,734 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
If you think the Patriot Act was an invasion of privacy, wait until the dems pass the "cyber-bullying" act that's on the table. In light of that girl who commited suicide due to cyber bullying, there is now a bill on the table to monitor ALL electronic communications domestically and arrest you or fine you for offending someone. Talk about unAmerican!
Typical big Government nanny state mentality. One incident occurs and liberties and privacy are stripped away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:34 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top