Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 01:00 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
SEND THIS TO EVERYONE
LOL, I stopped reading right there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 01:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Albeit the email contained a lot of fabrication and should be dismissed on that premise... However it shouldn't preclude anyone from understanding what Obama had proposed...

1) Veterans with private health care would have private health care insurance foot the bill for war-related injuries and not the VA

2) Premiums for private insurance for these veterans would rise a lot which the veteran would have to pay

3) It doesn't address coverage limits of private insurance, which leaves veterans to pay for anything over that...

4) If private insurance companies have to foot the bill, it means taxpayers who have personal health insurance would likely have higher premiums to offset paying for veteran's war-related injuries

This was wildly unpopular although it has been also misinterpreted and intentionally bastardized by several groups to make it appear more than it was... even without the fabrication, the idea was wholly retarded and very unpopular as evident when Obama told them to drop it...

Old 07-11-2009, 01:21 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Go ahead and pass it around just like the liberals did with Sarah Palin. I have come to the conclusion that you must fight fire with fire.

While it is not hussein obama's words exactly, it is the jest of what he was proposing. It was written to show how rediculous this man is.
Well there's a pretty good distillation of right-wing morality. They did it, so we should too (even though "they" didn't do it).

Tiller performed legal abortions, so if someone kills him, that's justice.

Some terrorists do horrible things, so we should torture detainees.

Someone said mean things about Palin, so we should say mean things about Michelle Obama.

That's good to know.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:21 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Where did we lie about Palin?
Purposely spreading lies makes you what? A republican?
Got it.

Liberals lied about Palin constantly and continue to attack her so hussein obama and his family are fair game. Fight fire with fire.
I'm not a Republcan but I have every intention of using the same tactics as liberals, pass on and repeat any negative news, true or not. I have learned much from the left.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:26 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,880 times
Quote:
Liberals lied about Palin constantly and continue to attack her so hussein obama and his family are fair game. Fight fire with fire.
I'm not a Republcan but I have every intention of using the same tactics as liberals, pass on and repeat any negative news, true or not. I have learned much from the left.
Please don't take this troll bait guys.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Well there's a pretty good distillation of right-wing morality. They did it, so we should too (even though "they" didn't do it).

Tiller performed legal abortions, so if someone kills him, that's justice.

Some terrorists do horrible things, so we should torture detainees.

Someone said mean things about Palin, so we should say mean things about Michelle Obama.

That's good to know.

What? You don't like it when others follow your lead? You don't like it when somone plays the same liberal game? I think it's time to take off the gloves. I am sure I would not take a word like "morality" serious from any liberal. They wouldn't recognize morality if it came up and bit them on the butt.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Go ahead and pass it around just like the liberals did with Sarah Palin. I have come to the conclusion that you must fight fire with fire.
Am I understanding you to say lie about Obama b/c someone questioned Sarah Palin's intelligence? I do not recall any direct lies about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Albeit the email contained a lot of fabrication and should be dismissed on that premise... However it shouldn't preclude anyone from understanding what Obama had proposed...

1) Veterans with private health care would have private health care insurance foot the bill for war-related injuries and not the VA

2) Premiums for private insurance for these veterans would rise a lot which the veteran would have to pay

3) It doesn't address coverage limits of private insurance, which leaves veterans to pay for anything over that...

4) If private insurance companies have to foot the bill, it means taxpayers who have personal health insurance would likely have higher premiums to offset paying for veteran's war-related injuries

This was wildly unpopular although it has been also misinterpreted and intentionally bastardized by several groups to make it appear more than it was... even without the fabrication, the idea was wholly retarded and very unpopular as evident when Obama told them to drop it...
It doesn't matter what the bill contained, it didn't fly. I doubt this was Obama's proposal as much as it was the proposal of some genius in the VA, who then got Obama to float it.

BTW, I hate the word retarded; I think it is disrespectful to people who are developmentally delayed.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Default Please use search feature before starting threads

Besides being old news and discussed, your email is filled with bogus information.
This tread is very troll-like.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
BTW, I hate the word retarded; I think it is disrespectful to people who are developmentally delayed.
I believe EN complained when Obama talked about looking like he was in the "special olympics" - funny how this happens.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Can you point out specific lies? You sound as if you are defending a loved one. In Palin's case the truth is stranger than fiction, so I can understand how some things that she has said and done do seem unbelievable. Does this weird woman really inspire that much of your devotion that you feel as if you have to defend her to the death? Strange.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-11-2009 at 03:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies