Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I guess when 911 hapened and Bush and Cheney promised to find and punish the people behind it and everyone had American flags on thier homes and cars was just some dream then huh ? well careful what you wish for this is real life not your dreams and i agree with Bush and Cheney. find em and kill em
Find and kill Bush and Cheney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
i guess the reason i feel like i am responding to 2 year olds is cause i am.we got attacked 2 year old just like Pearl Harbor you wanna just suck it up and say we deserved it ? over 3000 inocent Americans died a creul and painful death some running with thier skin burned off. these people want us dead period we are infidels nothing more how many attacks will it take to make a 2 year old understand that. normally only one

Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I guess when 911 hapened and Bush and Cheney promised to find and punish the people behind it and everyone had American flags on thier homes and cars was just some dream then huh ? well careful what you wish for this is real life not your dreams and i agree with Bush and Cheney. find em and kill em
but they didn't find them, did they? They had to look no further than Saudi since 17 of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi. You had to have known that, right? Bush never did "smoke Osama out of his cave". You are aware of that right? You certainly are aware of the fact that Bush gave into Osama bin Laden's demand to shut down the U.S. Military Base in Saudi, right? And you absolutely have to know that Saddam had no ties to 9/11 and there were never any WMD's located in Iraq. I will assume that you know all of this, so tell me...why in the world do you defend The Bush Crime Family?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
YOu can always tell when "teh" republicans are in trouble...they tend to start ranting about the shortcomings of the evil democrats or liberals in very general terms and avoid the specifics of the issues.

And this thread is a perfect example. The OP specifically asked for a defense for Cheney; over 200 posts later, zip, zero, nada. As you correctly noted, there have been plenty of attacks on Bill Clinton, President Obama, the Kennedy family and Democrats in general, but no reasoned defense for Dick Cheney. A second style is a "read-by posting," where people don't bother to read the OP, posts or links provided yet feel obligated to post a one line statement attempting to belittle others posters or, it seems,to appear clever. Neither works.
I am very curious as to why no GOP posters are pounding the keys to
justify the actions which Cheney allegedly took, nor to explain in a serious
manner exactly why such actions aren't illegal. The Eighth Amendment and
the issue of torture comes to mind as one area which might become a problem for Cheney.
Perhaps Cheney has a lack of supporting posts because, at long last, it must be admitted that you cannot defend the indefensible. As Cheney
urged torture, lied repeatedly to the entire world, reaped money through
Halliburton, and ran a secret assassination ring, people began to question whether there are any moral, legal or ethical standards to buttress such activities. They found none.
If the stories are true (and there have been rumblings for years now), then
Cheney must be held accountable through either the U.S. Senate or the
global community. We would not be in this predicament if Ford had not pardoned Nixon; allowing crimes to go unpunished simple emboldens future administrations, as we observed under Bush. With no accountability, imagine what another group of political operatives might attempt. As for Cheney, I have a mud room downstairs that would be perfect, and I'm more than willing to keep him there gratis...if you throw Elliott Abrams into the package; he was an arrogant criminal back when he worked in the Reagan admin. How sweet that he was able to remain free in order to teach the Bush 43 regime the finer points of running criminal operations from the White House.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:24 PM

20,291 posts, read 37,153,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I guess that the person you responded to isn't aware that the FBI monitors such comments

Old 07-12-2009, 10:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post

And this thread is a perfect example. The OP specifically asked for a defense for Cheney; over 200 posts later, zip, zero, nada. As you correctly noted, there have been plenty of attacks on Bill Clinton, President Obama, the Kennedy family and Democrats in general, but no reasoned defense for Dick Cheney. A second style is a "read-by posting," where people don't bother to read the OP, posts or links provided yet feel obligated to post a one line statement attempting to belittle others posters or, it seems,to appear clever. Neither works.
I am very curious as to why no GOP posters are pounding the keys to
justify the actions which Cheney allegedly took, nor to explain in a serious
manner exactly why such actions aren't illegal. The Eighth Amendment and
the issue of torture comes to mind as one area which might become a problem for Cheney.
Perhaps Cheney has a lack of supporting posts because, at long last, it must be admitted that you cannot defend the indefensible. As Cheney
urged torture, lied repeatedly to the entire world, reaped money through
Halliburton, and ran a secret assassination ring, people began to question whether there are any moral, legal or ethical standards to buttress such activities. They found none.
If the stories are true (and there have been rumblings for years now), then
Cheney must be held accountable through either the U.S. Senate or the
global community. We would not be in this predicament if Ford had not pardoned Nixon; allowing crimes to go unpunished simple emboldens future administrations, as we observed under Bush. With no accountability, imagine what another group of political operatives might attempt. As for Cheney, I have a mud room downstairs that would be perfect, and I'm more than willing to keep him there gratis...if you throw Elliott Abrams into the package; he was an arrogant criminal back when he worked in the Reagan admin. How sweet that he was able to remain free in order to teach the Bush 43 regime the finer points of running criminal operations from the White House.
An excellent post, worthy of many thumbs up...unfortunately, the people that it is directed towards are either way too obtuse or demented to actually read it and appreciate the logic and intelligent thought that went into it. So well stated and you are absoutely correct in every point that you made. Not one of these people have come up with any concrete piece of information in defense of George Bush or Dick Cheney...and they never will.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,822 times
Anybody read this article in the NYT (so we all know it's got to be true and legit) with this paragraph in it:

"In a related development, President Obama threatened to veto the pending Intelligence Authorization Bill if it included a provision that would allow information about covert actions to be given to the entire House and Senate Intelligence Committees, rather than the so-called Gang of Eight — the Democratic and Republican leaders of both houses of Congress and the two Intelligence Committees".

Here's the link to the entire article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/09/us...ntel.html?_r=1

Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Anybody read this article in the NYT (so we all know it's got to be true and legit) with this paragraph in it:

"In a related development, President Obama threatened to veto the pending Intelligence Authorization Bill if it included a provision that would allow information about covert actions to be given to the entire House and Senate Intelligence Committees, rather than the so-called Gang of Eight — the Democratic and Republican leaders of both houses of Congress and the two Intelligence Committees".

Here's the link to the entire article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/09/us...ntel.html?_r=1

This has squat to do with Dick Cheney; simply another attempted end-run around the thread topic. Will Cheney go to jail? Should he? You could just say yes or no, rather than spend your time looking for info that attempts to discredit someone who is not a part of the debate.
Maybe some kind-hearted liberal will write a defense for Cheney just as a
rhetorical exercise; depending on the forum's GOP stalwarts hasn't been a
resounding success.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post

This has squat to do with Dick Cheney; simply another attempted end-run around the thread topic. Will Cheney go to jail? Should he? You could just say yes or no, rather than spend your time looking for info that attempts to discredit someone who is not a part of the debate.
Maybe some kind-hearted liberal will write a defense for Cheney just as a
rhetorical exercise; depending on the forum's GOP stalwarts hasn't been a
resounding success.
Perhaps the forum's GOP stalwarts are less blindly partisan than its Democratic ones...

I mean, no one brings up Thomas Eagelton. Or James McGreevey. Or Elliot Spitzer. Or Patrick Kennedy. Or any number of discredited Dems who have thankfully passed from office or are about to...

Maybe it's time to quit whining about an ex-Vice President and time to start being honestly skeptical about the CURRENT administration, with its veto-proof majority in the Senate, and its puzzling impotence in the face of economic woes and seeming alignment with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, and Vladimir Putin...

Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 AM

37,159 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Perhaps the forum's GOP stalwarts are less blindly partisan than its Democratic ones...

I mean, no one brings up Thomas Eagelton. Or James McGreevey. Or Elliot Spitzer. Or Patrick Kennedy. Or any number of discredited Dems who have thankfully passed from office or are about to...

Maybe it's time to quit whining about an ex-Vice President and time to start being honestly skeptical about the CURRENT administration, with its veto-proof majority in the Senate, and its puzzling impotence in the face of economic woes and seeming alignment with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, and Vladimir Putin...
You are changing the subject again and dragging in names that have nothing to do withh the subject under discussion. None of those Democrats you mentioned are being accused by members of the general public of War Crimes.

As Evenstar said, none of the GOP members here have stepped up to say a reasoned word in defense of the topic of the thread, Dick Cheney.

Now - Would you like to be the first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies