U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 PM

4,060 posts, read 3,327,474 times

Advertisements

Since the outlawing of apartheid many white south Africans that had their social status protected by the government has had that privilege taken away.

In some cases they inhabit the same ghettos that black Africans have lived in all their lives.

The black middle class unhindered by apartheid is growing by leaps and bounds, although they still only make up 10% to 20% of the middle class.

Because of the access to main stream south African educational and financial, and political institutions some whites are claiming "reverse discrimination"

Your thoughts.

YouTube - Poor Whites - South Africa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,098,191 times
For cripes sake, there is no such thing as reverse discrimination.
It's discrimination or not.
Can't you at least try to get the terms right?

Why not worry about problems in the US?
There are enough of them, or would you rather wax poetic on problems that you can have no effect on?

Old 07-12-2009, 01:25 PM

716 posts, read 1,869,391 times
Poor whites?? LMAO...

Are'nt you a clever one!!

Did you post that so you can hype up the rhetoric?? Did you by any chance thought this was a white supremacy forum??

Before you carry on the "Cry wolf" garbage, did it ever come accross your mind, what whites have done for so long will have an ill affect on society in the long run? ohh sorry i forgot the saying, "why must you bite the hands that beat and oppress you", does that saying only work for the white masters and not for the Blacks?

Last i looked, Africa is a Black nation.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:37 PM

38,803 posts, read 19,600,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Why not worry about problems in the US?
There are enough of them, or would you rather wax poetic on problems that you can have no effect on?
Amen! Although the OP did not express this, I know some folks will be have an attitude that they had it coming to them. You can never fight racism with racism.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:41 PM
LML

7,109 posts, read 7,928,671 times
What are my thoughts? Karma's a b-t-h. I often have thought that the reason so many whites in this country have gone so nuts about Obama's election is that they were afraid that Karma was finally going to catch up with them too.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What are my thoughts? Karma's a b-t-h. I often have thought that the reason so many whites in this country have gone so nuts about Obama's election is that they were afraid that Karma was finally going to catch up with them too.

This is the sad truth, but yeah i have to agree. Now its paranoia hysteria on their part.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Amen! Although the OP did not express this, I know some folks will be have an attitude that they had it coming to them. You can never fight racism with racism.
From an "Idealistic" point of view, i gave up on that idea many moons ago. But some people will only understand what it really means when its done to them. Some of us dont want it to be like that, but there is a saying. "A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do".

Old 07-12-2009, 02:18 PM

38,803 posts, read 19,600,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
From an "Idealistic" point of view, i gave up on that idea many moons ago. But some people will only understand what it really means when its done to them. Some of us dont want it to be like that, but there is a saying. "A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do".
First of all, I've have been the victim of racism so yes, I know what it feels like to be negatively judged by the color of my skin. Second of all, we will never move forward and eradicate racism as long as we try to use racism to fight racism. All it does is create a viscious cycle. I'm no expert on South Africa but here in the US, great injustice was done to the blacks here on our shores. Should we punish the white population for the sins of their ancesters? Are we now advocates for racism now that the shoe is on the other foot? If so, then what makes us better than the ignoramuses that perpetrated slavery and other injustices on a whole group of people whose skin tone was darker?

Old 07-12-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
First of all, I've have been the victim of racism so yes, I know what it feels like to be negatively judged by the color of my skin. Second of all, we will never move forward and eradicate racism as long as we try to use racism to fight racism. All it does is create a viscious cycle. I'm no expert on South Africa but here in the US, great injustice was done to the blacks here on our shores. Should we punish the white population for the sins of their ancesters? Are we now advocates for racism now that the shoe is on the other foot? If so, then what makes us better than the ignoramuses that perpetrated slavery and other injustices on a whole group of people whose skin tone was darker?
Right ok. So, the white man had every right to have done what he did and that right remains exclusively his/her own?

We the minorities have no right to slap the hand that enslaved them for so long, cant even tell our former white masters that they are wrong, under our own terms. Because you "A white" person say??

Your right, you are no expert in African business. Stick to the American threads.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 PM

4,060 posts, read 3,327,474 times
GracieJJ;9726549]Poor whites?? LMAO...

Are'nt you a clever one!!

Did you post that so you can hype up the rhetoric?? Did you by any chance thought this was a white supremacy forum??

Before you carry on the "Cry wolf" garbage, did it ever come accross your mind, what whites have done for so long will have an ill affect on society in the long run? ohh sorry i forgot the saying, "why must you bite the hands that beat and oppress you", does that saying only work for the white masters and not for the Blacks?

Last i looked, Africa is a Black nation

Let me set you straight so that you can stop with your ignorance!!

I don't think that this is a white supremacist site, they would not be too welcoming towards me because I'm black

You can take your foot out of your mouth now or your head out of your azz, take your choice!!

The title of the thread is "Poor whites-South Africa" because that's what it's titled on "you tube"!

Many different people discuss issues of race on this board and most opinions are welcome as long as some shard of sanity is behind them.

I've noticed that you have come here mainly attacking whites or those you mistake as white or anyone whose opinion does not mirror your own.

That's not dialog that's extremism and it's really not needed here!!

chielgirl
Aging Hippie
befriend Join Date: Jul 2007
5,407 posts, read 1,416,494 times

Why don't you slow down before you go on attack mode

I'm using "reverse discrimination" because certain people only relate to that term whether it's a factual term or not.

I don't simply discuss only U.S. problems. That seems very small minded of you.

I live on the planet Earth and take a interest in many things because they are happening on the same planet that I live on.

Last edited by reconmark; 07-12-2009 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies