Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,075,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
No, it didn't answer my question.

What does the name Hussein have to do with expressing distrust and a proven citizenry (look it up) and all the other bunker conspiracy stuff you listed?

Your ethnic bigotry is shining brightly, young one.

FEAR THE DARKY! FEAR THE DARKYYYYY!!!!!!!!
ahhh the usual liberal game. When they have nothing they pull the race card. We can always count on that one! The name hussein seems to bother his minions so it is double the effectiveness. One it shows my disrespect for the man and it also gets under the skin of his sheep. Until hussein obama breaks out his long form birth certificate I will never believe he is anything but an usuper. I am not as stupid or gulible to believe that fake BC he put out on the internet. I mean the TWO different fake BCs he put on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 PM

7,517 posts, read 11,329,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL..You guys started a thread about that? The woman basically said that Africans aren't biased in showing appreciation. She didn't say the welcome was any less for Obama.
I was thinking the same about this thread.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:26 PM

7,910 posts, read 9,116,589 times
Quote:
LOL..You guys started a thread about that? The woman basically said that Africans aren't biased in showing appreciation. She didn't say the welcome was any less for Obama. I guess the biased liberal media somehow found an unbiased foreign correspondent to report the welcome fairly. I guess wingnuts are easily emused. No wonder you all find Rush so funny.
Yes, Bush and Obama got similar appreciation. That's why Lemon looked stupid when he was trying to portray the Africans' response for Obama as "unprecedented".

Old 07-13-2009, 08:32 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,470,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This was hilarious.

In fact, tens of thousands came out to see GWB when he visited. A couple hundred for obama.

Only small crowds greet Obama during Ghana visit - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090711/ap_on_re_af/af_obama_ghana_view_1 - broken link)

When former President George W. Bush visited Accra last year, he spoke to tens of thousands of people at the square.

On Africa Trip, Bush Finds More Receptive Audiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
See post #2.
You try sooooo hard to be deceptive but a quick look tells the real story. The gallup link had no audience totals just approval percentages for Bush during the trip.

The other link states:

"The absence of public outdoor events and roads blocked amid heavy security conspired to keep large crowds away and meant there was no interaction with the public.

"I came all the way here to see Obama, but I can't see him," said 35-year-old Kodjo Seddoh, a native of Togo who traveled here for the event.

"Nobody has seen him except on TV," he said as he and a few hundred other people watched a small convoy in which the president passed in a black limousine, headed toward Ghana's presidential palace. "It's been a disappointment."

So, security prevented huge crowds. Your distorted 100s number was that of one gathering. It appears that the potential crowds forced security to be tight.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Yes, Bush and Obama got similar appreciation. That's why Lemon looked stupid when he was trying to portray the Africans' response for Obama as "unprecedented".
The crowd for Obama was muted due to security.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 PM

10,823 posts, read 14,900,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I thought his body language, at about the 35 second mark was really funny.

Looks like he just passed gas.

Looked to me like he got goosed!

What a dumbass.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
The crowd for Obama was muted due to security.
THat's not what the lady said. She said they got similar responses from the people.

Why would Obama need enchanced security? I thought the whole world HATED bush , but everyone LOVES Obama?

Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
THat's not what the lady said. She said they got similar responses from the people.

Why would Obama need enchanced security? I thought the whole world HATED bush , but everyone LOVES Obama?
Crowd control. Love has nothing to do with it. The demand for Obama was probably higher and required higher security.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Crowd control. Love has nothing to do with it. The demand for Obama was probably higher and required higher security.
Your grasping at straws dude.

Face it, Obama didn't have "unprececented" welcome. In fact, Bush was pretty popular in Africa. He gave lots of money for AIDS there.

Its just tearing you up that the "Cowboy" got a similar response as a "brother"

Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Your grasping at straws dude.

Face it, Obama didn't have "unprececented" welcome. In fact, Bush was pretty popular in Africa. He gave lots of money for AIDS there.

Its just tearing you up that the "Cowboy" got a similar response as a "brother"
Facts aren't straws. That's what's in the article Sanrene posted. Sorry that the facts don't suit you but oh well.

"The absence of public outdoor events and roads blocked amid heavy security conspired to keep large crowds away and meant there was no interaction with the public."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies