Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:36 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times

Advertisements

California coddles them from birth to the grave whereas in Texas, even if you are illegal you are expected to make it on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 03:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Shockingly some people have been using CA as a way to push their ideology and pet issues as the ones "causing the failure".
I agree. It's obnoxious. My hunch is that they want to demonize anything and everything associated with California. It's not even just about the economic situation. I get the impression that they'd like to tie cultural issues to it as well.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Then there are the few people who are obsessed by politics and would leave their best friend if they found out they were a liberal..those types are definitely leaving.
Agreed. And at the same time, many of those same people are claiming that it's liberals who are leaving California and "invading" their states.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Agreed. And at the same time, many of those same people are claiming that it's liberals who are leaving California and "invading" their states.
No it is not the liberals invading Arkansas it is definitly conservatives from Cali. I for one, would rather they keep going down to Texas. I was about to say make us the flyover state, but the people I am seeing are driving Campers and cars with expired admissions stickers. I have nothing against poor people or retirees, but we have enough of both. Go to the land of opportunity....get yee to Texas.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I live in Arkansas and we seem to have a lot of people moving here from California. Of the people that I have met, these people fall into one of two categories either they are retirees or unskilled, less educated people who were making $8 to $15 an hour. Both of these two groups usually fall into the more conservative range for politics.

I can certainly understand as to why these two groups would move here. The cost of living is far less and if you are looking for cheap land this is the place; however, we really have, in my opinion, too many retirees and unskilled, less educated people already so maybe they would be better served at looking at Oklahoma or Texas. Oklahoma is one of the most conservative places that I have visited and the land is not overpriced with more jobs than Arkansas. Please consider moving there instead of Arkansas. Please.
What do you mean? They're already moving to Texas in droves. Over on the Austin forum, people are actually starting to complain about it now.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have not met one liberal who moved from California. My experience has been that is mostly conservatives. It is common sense really. Why would a liberal move to the south.... Other than a few liberal enclaves...Atlanta and Austin, the south is pretty conservative. I just would rather they not come to Arkansas. It is conservative enough without them. For all of those from Cali considering coming to Arkansas remember we have a democratic govorner and most of the elected officials are democrats although fairly conservative democrats. I think Texas and Oklahoma would be a better fit for you.

I beg to differ, at least for Austin and in some cases, the other major Tx. cities. People go on those forums saying "We're moving from Cali. and are looking for the most liberal parts of Austin, Houston, Dallas, etc....what do you recommend"? Texas isn't more Democratic than Arkansas except maybe in South Texas. I think I'm going to start referring people to Arkansas.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Mrs.Sonrise and myself left TPOC (The People's Republic of California) a little over two years ago for Greenville, SC. We will never go back (God willing) and when friends and family come to visit their jaws drop because we probably have the nicest downtown in America, great, warm, welcoming people, cheap real estate and a fantastic place to raise a family with traditional conservative Christian values.

California is doomed.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Y'all know that huge number of people in CA came from other states in the first place right? Obviously they didn't like where they were from or had job opportunities here. I've met very few CA natives.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
What do you mean? They're already moving to Texas in droves. Over on the Austin forum, people are actually starting to complain about it now.
My response to them would be: Too bad. As Americans, we can move to whatever state we want.

There's a long history of animosity toward Californians. A lot of people are envious, jealous, intimidated, or even afraid of California. One might call it "Caliphobia". With just a little bit of talk therapy, most Caliphobics can overcome their fear and hatred of people and things associated with California.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:25 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
My response to them would be: Too bad. As Americans, we can move to whatever state we want.

There's a long history of animosity toward Californians. A lot of people are envious, jealous, intimidated, or even afraid of California. One might call it "Caliphobia". With just a little bit of talk therapy, most Caliphobics can overcome their fear and hatred of people and things associated with California.
Well then CA and TX seem to have a lot in Common.
Texaphobia, mostly created by HOLLYWOOD, is very strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies