Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Glenn Beck is an ignorant, uneducated loser who half of the time has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. He always tries to come up with some theory about what is going to happen in the future, yet you can tell that his intellect and his analytical abilities are extremely limited. It is shocking that some of the most influential Conservative talk show hosts are people who have never been able to complete a college education. Loser for losers.
face it you people are scared of his message. It might shine the light on the current administration for what they are really doing and you can't stand that can you? And you need to get off your horse about college graduates being smarter than people who didn't actually finish. That is not true at all and it is an eletist's way of thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
He has my vote, advocating an attack on the US so that his political views would be vindicted put him ahead of Rush on the Traitor scale
LOL, what bafoonery. I really can't see where in history did American's become so stupid....

Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
face it you people are scared of his message. It might shine the light on the current administration for what they are really doing and you can't stand that can you? And you need to get off your horse about college graduates being smarter than people who didn't actually finish. That is not true at all and it is an eletist's way of thinking.
Elitist thinking for sure. These people have ranted about college graduates being smarter than other people and when I hold up my Master's Degree along with enough hours for another one they never answer about how smart I must be. Of course, they know that I am one of the group they want to call stupid.

Forrest Gump's mother said "Stupid is as stupid does" and she was surely right about that.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
I forgot to say that Glenn will be on in 1 hour, 43 minutes and I will sure be here. He was on vacation all of last week and I had to miss the first two days of this week because of doctor and dentist appointments, you know those things that we over 75 won't be able to get with any ease after the Dems get their Health Care Reform.

Anyway I am sitting here just waiting for an opportunity to find out what is going on in politics and at COI today.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I forgot to say that Glenn will be on in 1 hour, 43 minutes and I will sure be here. He was on vacation all of last week and I had to miss the first two days of this week because of doctor and dentist appointments, you know those things that we over 75 won't be able to get with any ease after the Dems get their Health Care Reform.

Anyway I am sitting here just waiting for an opportunity to find out what is going on in politics and at COI today.
Me too, I listen to him everyday on the way home from work on SIRIUS.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:47 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Glenn Beck is an ignorant, uneducated loser who half of the time has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. He always tries to come up with some theory about what is going to happen in the future, yet you can tell that his intellect and his analytical abilities are extremely limited. It is shocking that some of the most influential Conservative talk show hosts are people who have never been able to complete a college education. Loser for losers.
Please provide some proof to back up your hateful rant

Old 07-15-2009, 05:12 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
I am scared of his message. The dude is an American terrorist if I ever saw one

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I am scared of his message. The dude is an American terrorist if I ever saw one
No, your hero Bill Ayers and others like Sharpton and Wright are terrorists. Beck is a man who shares a popular opinion. Don't like it? Well you still have the freedom to change the station, although I think you have never listened to him.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
No, your hero Bill Ayers and others like Sharpton and Wright are terrorists. Beck is a man who shares a popular opinion. Don't like it? Well you still have the freedom to change the station, although I think you have never listened to him.
I don't know who Bill Ayers or Wright is and I don't care for Sharpton

Beck is a self-prophecizing narcicist who feels anyone who dissents from him is an inept being. He has very irrational and delusional views of politicians he disagrees with and tries to get people to join him and his set of sheep. I'm convinced the guy is a terrorist

Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
No,

Akre and Wilson were journos hired by Fox to write a piece on BGH (Bovine Growth Hormone), an additive produced by Monsanto Corp.

They did that, and found in their research that BGH has a number of health risks (stuff is banned in the EU). However, what they (Akre and Wilson) did not know is that Fox had a financial interest in Monsanto, so Fox shredded their piece, and aired a press release on BGH prepared by Monsanto.

Akre and Wilson sued, claiming among other things that Fox had violated an FCC Rule which prohibits (prohibited- note verb tense) lying or distorting news.

A jury agreed with them, and awarded Akre $200,000.00.
Fox then took the case to Fla District Court, where they argued NOT that they wern't lying, but that they had every right to lie for financial reasons (in this instance) in their coverage, and that the FCC Rule (in effect since the 30's) was a "suggestion".

Six other courts had rejected this argument, however the 3 judge panel (Republican appointed) here agreed with Fox.

It is also crucial to understand that EVERY major US domestic news agency (MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Gannett Papers, Clear Channel) wrote amicus curae (Friend of the Court) legal briefs in support of Fox's position.

In essence, this case- which is still controlling law- gives the media the right to lie, to propagandize, the news in order to further the financial goals of their parent corporation.

And the Iraq oil war, the stolen election of 2004, and the coverage (or lack there of) of the current depression, and the direct results.
No....no, they weren't employees of a FOX affiliate in Tampa that fired both of them.....you're saying they were instead hired by FOX (FOX, who....like Ruppert Murdoch himself hired them...lol) specifically to investigate and report on the Monsanto piece.....then check this out:

Jane Akre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wilson_(reporter)

No, they were former employees of WTVT and that's who they sued (WTVT), using the whistle blower law. To say their termination had nothing to do with the suit they filed would be hard to believe. They were awarded $425,000 but, the station turned back around and sued them for trial fees and costs of 1.7 million dollars after winning the appeal. Wikipedia doesn't say what the out come of that suit was but, in general in order to ask for attorney fees in a law suit brought against someone, they have to show that the suit was frivolous.

In any event, you yourself pointed out that all the other media outlets wrote briefs in support of FOX and the affiliate so, again what does this specifically have to do with Beck on FOX cable news. You brought up this Akre case in response to my post that the news channels can't just report news 24/7, they have to entertain viewers with other things too or they'll tune out and end up with no ratings (in other words they have to make a profit...if you want to call that, "furthering the financial goals of their parent corporation" so be it but, isn't that the whole idea of every corporation....to make money and not lose it).

Why single out FOX (actually Beck....now that he's on FOX) specifically. I intentionally get my news from more than one source (FOX cable, CNN, Yahoo news on the Internet and sometimes MSNBC and HDL) because of this exact reason....that any one source subject to misleading it's readers/viewers and therefore alone unreliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies