Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How ould you describe Keith O?
Pathological Liar 42 42.86%
Completely Clueless but Honest 1 1.02%
Excellent Reporter/Commentator 41 41.84%
Irrelevant 14 14.29%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 PM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times

Advertisements

You don't feel uncomfortable listening to KO, even without considering his political position?

His joyful vehemence in destroying people does not reflect a healthy human condition. Additionally it repels anyone who might want to consider his perspective to weigh against information from other sources.

Political commentary cannot justify KO's presence on a major media program. He is a human trainwreck in need of our prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:43 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
You don't feel uncomfortable listening to KO, even without considering his political position?

His joyful vehemence in destroying people does not reflect a healthy human condition. Additionally it repels anyone who might want to consider his perspective to weigh against information from other sources.

Political commentary cannot justify KO's presence on a major media program. He is a human trainwreck in need of our prayers.
Still waiting for the list of lies he's told................

Old 07-16-2009, 07:27 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
If you can't figure out lies of ommision, a favorite tactic of this clown, that is your problem. After all, the best lies contain a grain of truth and the elimination of the rest of the story.

I tried to watch him again last night, thinking that I may have been to harsh in my opinion of him. I wasn't. He is indeed the type that gives used car and insurance salespeople a bad name.

One comment that I saw in this thread I have to agree with. His show is not a "news" program, it is an opinion program. To bad so many people share his opinions and believe them to verified facts.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:45 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
If you can't figure out lies of ommision, a favorite tactic of this clown, that is your problem. After all, the best lies contain a grain of truth and the elimination of the rest of the story.

I tried to watch him again last night, thinking that I may have been to harsh in my opinion of him. I wasn't. He is indeed the type that gives used car and insurance salespeople a bad name.

One comment that I saw in this thread I have to agree with. His show is not a "news" program, it is an opinion program. To bad so many people share his opinions and believe them to verified facts.
Examples of Olbermann's lies of omission?

"verified facts" -- his show is all about verified facts! ABSURD verified facts!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
I love how the left decries Rush, sean and other people on the right for spouting hate but, love KO.

If KO os so good, why is it that he and Chris Mathews are the only 2 removed from live election coverage because they were so biased and hate filled?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:39 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Olbermann is both a pathological liar AND irrelevant. And annoying. And a horrible sports commentator.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Olbermann is not a liar. He is a selective truth-teller and opinion-maker, like Hannity. He ignores all stories except those which tend to cast conservatives or Republicans in a negative light, and engages in hyperbole and exaggeration to manipulate those who share his political views (most of whom, ironically, consider themselves "progressives" or "independent thinkers").

Rather than a liar, one might more accurately describe Olbermann as a near-hysterical Democratic party shill, just as Hannity predictably panders to the GOP. No difference, really, except for the blue/red demographic...

Personally, I prefer Hannity's smirky smarminess to Olbermann's outright incitements to hatred and malevolence. But it's merely a question of personal rhetorical preference. Both men apparently inspire their followers, which when you think about it, is a pretty grotesque commentary on the state of current political and social mores....

Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Olbermann is not a liar. He is a selective truth-teller and opinion-maker, like Hannity. He ignores all stories except those which tend to cast conservatives or Republicans in a negative light, and engages in hyperbole and exaggeration to manipulate those who share his political views (most of whom, ironically, consider themselves "progressives" or "independent thinkers").

Rather than a liar, one might more accurately describe Olbermann as a near-hysterical Democratic party shill, just as Hannity predictably panders to the GOP. No difference, really, except for the blue/red demographic...

Personally, I prefer Hannity's smirky smarminess to Olbermann's outright incitements to hatred and malevolence. But it's merely a question of personal rhetorical preference. Both men apparently inspire their followers, which when you think about it, is a pretty grotesque commentary on the state of current political and social mores....

The main difference I see between KO and Hannity is that KO is cowardly, diabolical and malignant. Hannity simply is not a very good commentator! But at least he is passionate about his beliefs and one of the few with the courage to be out on the frontline for conservatives.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:42 PM

305 posts, read 539,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The main difference I see between KO and Hannity is that KO is cowardly, diabolical and malignant. Hannity simply is not a very good commentator! But at least he is passionate about his beliefs and one of the few with the courage to be out on the frontline for conservatives.

Courage? That's right, a war-mongering chickenhawk who had "other priorities" when he had the opportunity to serve is courageous. And let's not forget how he offered himself to be waterboarded for charity but courageously backed out when it got to be time to fish or cut bait.

Yeah, Sean's a real hero

Old 07-17-2009, 02:11 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
Courage? That's right, a war-mongering chickenhawk who had "other priorities" when he had the opportunity to serve is courageous. And let's not forget how he offered himself to be waterboarded for charity but courageously backed out when it got to be time to fish or cut bait.

Yeah, Sean's a real hero
Careful about the "opportunity to serve" type comment. Did our current president serve when he had the opportunity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies