Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you miss George W Bush?
Yes, Bush was a great president! 7 6.14%
Yes, Bush did a fine job. 30 26.32%
No opinion 3 2.63%
I wasn't too crazy about Bush 74 64.91%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
So instead of a picking a man who made an honest mistake due to misinformation from the CIA and other intelligence sources, you would take a man who outright lied to the public about an affair?

You liberals are unbelievable... How can a man doing everything in his power to keep you and I free and safe get shot down so harshly by the biased media, while some scumbag like Clinton who actually did LIE to our faces gets praised by everyone?

You cannot blame bush for the cause of 9/11, that stage was set well before his administration.

A liberal, moi?! I think you just insulted the real liberals on C-D

Bush may have made an honest mistake about the wmd - however, he made a classic mistake of attempting to fight two wars at once. He spread us too thin. Afghanistan was justified and who knows, maybe had he kept the focus there we just may have gotten Bin Laden by now. But no, he had to go halfcocked (or to quote Emmanuel W knew how to make the most of a crisis) into Iraq. Then for kicks and giggles he outspent democrats. Just what the hell is conservative about that?! Nothing.

No - W did do some things right. His initial response to 9/11 was on target. But attempting to fight a war on two fronts was so completely retarded I am honestly at a loss for words to describe the utter stupidity of it.

As to missing Clinton - I'm just as surprised as you are. Billy may have been an immoral horndog but he wasn't stupid, shortsighted, spendthrift and/or inexperienced quite unlike either W or obama to varying degrees.

So yeah - I miss Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:16 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm reminded of the people who supported Nixon and continued to call him a great President for many years after he resigned in disgrace.

Actaully I am more remionded of truman who had very low approval rating as president and went out of office with many saying he was the worse predient. year later and events that follow historians have consluded he was one of four great president in the 20th century and like the greatest for unpopular decisions he made. Kennedy certainly recognised this;but most fon't include hi. Like that only clinton and reagan will even be consdiered from the last of the 20th century presidents.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm reminded of the people who supported Nixon and continued to call him a great President for many years after he resigned in disgrace.

Then you have to loo at JFK who many remmebr the same way altho he did thinks that make wateragte seem like misdeamneaors like using the Mafia; and trying to have Castro a foreign leadered murdered by a number of crazy means . then thre is the bay of Pigs and the list goes on.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:31 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
So instead of a picking a man who made an honest mistake due to misinformation from the CIA and other intelligence sources, you would take a man who outright lied to the public about an affair?

You liberals are unbelievable... How can a man doing everything in his power to keep you and I free and safe get shot down so harshly by the biased media, while some scumbag like Clinton who actually did LIE to our faces gets praised by everyone?

You cannot blame bush for the cause of 9/11, that stage was set well before his administration.
But . . but . Can't we at least blame him for being a world class Jester?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, my, God.
I second that.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How did he keep us safe?
9/11 happened while he was in office.
After he was warned.
That is a stretch Chiel and you know it.
Warned? By who? The previous admin who actually allowed those mad men access to our country? Who allowed them to learn to fly those planes here in our country?
What warning? Was the warning hey we have a group of bad guys who plan to hijack some airliners and fly them into the trade centers? Or was the warning like one of the thousands of others that never came true>
How good was the intel? WE had intel supported by MI-6 and Mossad about WMD's in Iraq.
911 was a joint failure between the previous admin and the Bush admin. It was Clinton who built in the firewalls between the Intel agencies which the commission called out as a primary reason the hijackers were able to do what they did.
I am no fan of GWB and I disagreed with going to Iraq. But lets be real and actually place blame where it belongs. Yes he was the president when it happened but these wheels were in motion long before he took office.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:52 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Quote:
This is not meant to be a flaming thread. Take your personal hate for Bush out of here.

Do you, in the light of everything Obama is failing at fixing in this economy (and actually making it a hell of a lot worse), miss the George W administration?

I miss the guy tremendously. I may be young at 24, but I miss the guy's down to earth nature and confident attitude. His public speaking ability may have been hit or miss, but overall, I believe he spoke with his heart. He truly believed that what he was doing was the right thing to do.

I realize there is a truck load of complaints from the libs out there about us attacking the wrong country. However, Iraq did, at one point in time, have WMD's. Whether or not this fact was still a reality under the Bush administration remains a controversy. However, the important thing to remember is that Bush firmly believed in eradication of hostile threats to the United States and all freedom loving countries. He was willing to do everything it takes to get rid the global terrorist threat that jeopardizes everyone who believe in freedom. Bush was a warm, genuine man, unlike Obama, who leaves me personally feeling cold and insecure about our future.

To any extent, I really believe Bush did the right thing for this country. His adminstration may have made mistakes, but those were not directly Bush's fault. You have US intelligence to blame for most of the blunders under the Bush adminstration.

Bush, however, will go down in history as one of our great presidents. Maybe not now, maybe not a year from now, but give it some time and we will all miss the man.

God bless G.W. Bush

Funny Bush youtube clip
And I miss his patriotism for this Country..which Obama does not have...

By the way, how refreshing to find someone so young with such great insight. Your post was thoughtful and honest. But get ready..put your armor on..because here come the haters.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
David, looking in a mirror again?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Yeah and we need to water the lawn. We already have the fertilizer in the WH.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
David, looking in a mirror again?
You never seem to diappoint me. You are constantly lacking substance and credibility. At least you are consistant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies