U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 07:45 PM

5,767 posts, read 12,940,867 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Black Abortion genocide advocated by Ruth Badder Ginsburg supreme court judge!

Creative Minority Report: Ginsburg: Abortion for Undesirable Populations

"Reducing populations of people we don't want to many of" meets the Webster's definition of genocide

geno·cide: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 07:57 PM

5,032 posts, read 3,750,774 times
I've google searched this quote, and can't find anybody who provides any context or extended quotes. Just the one sentence. Of course, only wingnut blogs and news sources are pushing it.

As soon as a reliable source discusses it, I bet we find that it means something totally innocuous.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:51 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,439,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I've google searched this quote, and can't find anybody who provides any context or extended quotes. Just the one sentence. Of course, only wingnut blogs and news sources are pushing it.

As soon as a reliable source discusses it, I bet we find that it means something totally innocuous.
From what I have seen concerning this comment it's only eugenics excusing, late term abortion loving, and just plain nasty demonazi blogs that are launching into preemptive attack mode to defend the undefendable. More on this later.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM

5,032 posts, read 3,750,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
From what I have seen concerning this comment it's only eugenics excusing, late term abortion loving, and just plain nasty demonazi blogs that are launching into preemptive attack mode to defend the undefendable. More on this later.
And from what I can see concerning your comment - it's only pre-emptive demonization and jumping to conclusions that aren't warranted.

If you want to believe the most horrendous things about a dignified and intelligent member of the SCOTUS, that's your business. But there are people on the extreme right who are prepared to kill random liberals based on similarly idiotic thinking. And you are helping to perpetuation the envioronment that encourages them. You have part of the blame when wingnuts get murderous.

Proud?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 PM

42,651 posts, read 46,451,578 times
It really shows the extent of what happens once society get use to alowing such things as abortion on demand. People thought that the gemans in wwII were some howe different. But just as people can get use to murder ;mugging on the street they can get pass other murders. look at films of peop0le walkign pass people dying on americas streets and doing nothing as show quite often. It doesn't surpirse me that she would say this. look at the numbers of posting by liberals on letting old people die to apy for governamnt healthcare;and actually eliminating people thru mercy killings. We have seen that humans can do in coutnries such as Sudan to know that such thinking was not confined to the germans in WWII.How we alos see that liberals have said that gencide in any country is not our business and that we should spend all money here and let others suffer ebcause its not our business. Not my business is the same reason epople gave for not helping those they saw dying on our streets. its the me generation.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 AM

33,628 posts, read 28,904,943 times
TD - I would like to point out that you seem to have mixed up Liberal for radical racist conservative. Neither I nor any of my liberal friends have ever advocated genocide at any place or time. I have, however heard the right wing babbling about killing "inferior humans" to “improve the race”.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:29 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,449,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
TD - I would like to point out that you seem to have mixed up Liberal for radical racist conservative. Neither I nor any of my liberal friends have ever advocated genocide at any place or time. I have, however heard the right wing babbling about killing "inferior humans" to “improve the race”.
what about

Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male

Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

who was responsible?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:43 PM

17,330 posts, read 24,418,369 times
I've just merged 5 threads on this topic into one. Here's my take on it.

The anti-abortion crowd and their sympathizers in the media have twisted out of context the words of Justice Ginsburg. Twisting words and spinning lies is what the far right does best.

What she was discussing is the situation that anyone can get an abortion in this country, UNLESS they are broke and on Medicaid. Thus the financially poor Medicaid crowd may end up having more births than other demographic groups, leading to an imbalance, an over-abundance of babies in the poorest strata of our society. Not good. That's what she was saying, that our laws work against us by denying poor women access to the same reproductive services that the rest of have available to us. IMO, I do not want our future population growth to inordinately come from the poorer class of people, since all we'll get is more illiterates, of all races.

The right will spin Ginsburg's words any way they wish, they always will, they have to shout about groundless fears to keep donations flowing to their phony efforts to stop abortion or gay rights that are NONE of their business. It's just all about the money.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Status: "Pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" (set 20 days ago)

35,000 posts, read 23,051,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
"Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of."

Hot Air » Blog Archive » What did Ginsburg think Roe would do?
I think she's right in her guess.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,449,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

IMO, I do not want our future population growth to inordinately come from the poorer class of people, since all we'll get is more illiterates, of all races.
thats a slippery slope my good friend....more ammunition for the right.

You want more people with silver spoons up their backsides?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies