Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
The difference between Byrd and most of the other "Dixiecrats" is that he renounced his former views and remained a Democrat. The rest of them became proud and welcome Republicans and are the forebears of the Jeff Sessions and Trent Lotts and the rest who continue to hold those opinions.

As Sessions "might" have said; "if I had changed my views I'd be on the Federal Bench today."

As far as anyone being "owned", what a laugher that is. Byrd isn't sitting up there calling Sotomayor a racist, Sessions (be careful how you talk to white folks, BOY) is.

golfgod

Byrd renounced his former views (tee hee) to be re-elected just like the racist Sotomayor is doing the back peddle to be appointed. It must be a Democrat thing. Look how hussein obama kicked his racist bigited prescher to the curb after calling him his mentor for over 20 years.

Thy hyprocrocy is profound among the **cough choke** progressives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 05:09 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Byrd renounced his former views (tee hee) to be re-elected just like the racist Sotomayor is doing the back peddle to be appointed. It must be a Democrat thing. Look how hussein obama kicked his racist bigited prescher to the curb after calling him his mentor for over 20 years.

Thy hyprocrocy is profound among the **cough choke** progressives.
Oh, I don't think it's a liberal thing at all.

Do you remember the "I am the Decider" speech that Bush gave just before he tossed Rummy out with the trash?

Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Do you remember the "I am the Decider" speech that Bush gave just before he tossed Rummy out with the trash?
Alot of Democrats are racists. But they are THIER racists, so it is okay. Look actually at what Sotomayor said- she is clearly a racist. Look at Jesse Jackson, Robert Byrd, Louis Farakahn, ect.

It is simply a symptom of the fall of the republic when a racist who clearly favors one group over another out of "empathy", rather than the rule of law and the constitution, prevails over the supreme court.

Sure the country is becoming more and more liberal. That is fine. We will just have to start another country.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times
Quote:

So what does that mean? It has nothing to do with the topic. Stay on the beaten path as to not get lost!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Alot of Democrats are racists. But they are THIER racists, so it is okay. Look actually at what Sotomayor said- she is clearly a racist. Look at Jesse Jackson, Robert Byrd, Louis Farakahn, ect.

It is simply a symptom of the fall of the republic when a racist who clearly favors one group over another out of "empathy", rather than the rule of law and the constitution, prevails over the supreme court.

Sure the country is becoming more and more liberal. That is fine. We will just have to start another country.
Not a bad idea.

Since you are part of a minority, you will be able to downsize and save a bundle when you do.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
So what does that mean? It has nothing to do with the topic. Stay on the beaten path as to not get lost!
It is a direct answer to the post about liberal hypocrisy.

Pay attention. Do we need to slow down so you can keep up?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Or they could move to West Virginia and vote out former KKK member, Democratic Senator Robert Byrd.

“I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.” — Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944

You see? Two can play this game.
Lol, you all bring out that hoary old Robert Byrd canard -- he denounced his old racism long ago and has proven he's sincere many, many, many times. Nice loyal try though.

Meanwhile,

'86 Video: Sessions rejected by Judiciary Committee - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

Closed Sessions

Can Jeff Sessions Fairly Evaluate Sonia Sotomayor? : NPR

I dont find anything at foxnews dot com about any of this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
ROFL Owned.
Only if you're blinder than he is.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
One thing left out of the equation is that the Dixicrats of the old South converted to the GOP when LBJ signed all of the Civil Rights legislation and promptly noted that "we have lost the South". If my history recalls the South used to be Democratic for the most part until blacks were given their Civil Rights. As for Byrd one has to take the man's repentence of his ways and it would be a issue if he still held his past racist views.

As for Sotomayor what is so offensive about what she said? For your information a "Latina" is not a race but a ethnicity so calling her a racist is funny. Sessions is a dork.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol, you all bring out that hoary old Robert Byrd canard -- he denounced his old racism long ago and has proven he's sincere many, many, many times. Nice loyal try though.

Meanwhile,

'86 Video: Sessions rejected by Judiciary Committee - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

Closed Sessions

Can Jeff Sessions Fairly Evaluate Sonia Sotomayor? : NPR

I dont find anything at foxnews dot com about any of this....

Only if you're blinder than he is.
Are you serious? You sank so low as to try to absolve Robert Byrd of racism while casting stones at Jeff Sessions? Both Senators have ties to KKK and you hold one to higher esteem than the other? Liberal irrationality has reached fever pitch.

I honestly thought you were a little more intellectual than that. I guess that's what I get for thinking.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 4,092 times
Sotomayor has race issues (to say the least) and she does not need to be in this position. However, there are countless racist that we the people elect everyday but we complain more about her than the ones that have been making flawed decisions for the past decade. This claim of “reverse racism” is ridiculous. Racism is just that, if you reverse it then the problem is solved. Ignorance and hate is not a partisan trait and this issue with Sotomayor is crazy. Why are they still interviewing this angry racist woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies