Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:54 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,187,626 times

Advertisements

Speaking of wingnuts:

Quote:
U.S. Capitol Police removed the fifth person to protest at the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor. A middle-aged man bellowed from the back of the room that the Republicans should filibuster Judge Sotomayor before police grabbed him and led him out of the room.
Fifth protester removed from hearings - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 04:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,556,296 times
I find it amusing they are focusing on her "wise latina" comment! Would they be at ease if she were a dumb latina trying to get on the Supreme Court?

Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,853,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Shouldn't there be an inherent respect for the gravity of these proceedings? I appreciate that these people want to have their voices heard, but bellowing from the back of Congressional hearings denotes a lack of respect for the entire process, IMO.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:14 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,213,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I find it amusing they are focusing on her "wise latina" comment! Would they be at ease if she were a dumb latina trying to get on the Supreme Court?
Well, they did elect Bush, so being dumb isn't a disqualification.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:18 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,187,626 times
Quote:
Sotomayor clarifies her "wise latina" remark.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:27 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,776,903 times
Quote:
Isn't it cute the way the leftists try to pretend that "wise latina" was the part that concerned critics, and not "a wise Latina woman... would, more often than not, reach a better conclusion than a white male"?

They really are running out of points the can defend, aren't they?

Luckily for them they have a supermajority. They can vote for all the racists they want, no matter how wrong or bad for the country it will be.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:40 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,106,673 times
Sessions looked like an idiot. But I must say that Lindsey Graham actually did a heck of a job. I may not agree with him on a lot of political things but I have to respect his ability at questioning. He also came across as the most forthright, honest person in the room. (Except for Russ Feingold of course.)

Old 07-14-2009, 04:40 PM

18,117 posts, read 25,254,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If Hispanics are offended by simply pointing out that Sotomayor clearly has a racial and gender bias in her judicial record, then it seems to me that the Hispanics need to a lesson in objectivity.
I'm not offended by that,
I'm offended by Sessions racism when he says to Sotomayor:
"You voted to stay with the decision of the circuit
in fact your vote was the key vote
had you voted with Judge Cabranas,
himself of Puerto Rican ancestry
had you voted with him, you could have changed that case..."

What's the pointing of saying that another judge's ancestry is the same as her when he's talking about the way she voted.

I call that being a racist

Old 07-14-2009, 04:41 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,106,673 times
Quote:

If she were, Bush would have made her Attorney General.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
He's failing miserably, too. He's throwing the punches alright, but he's damaging the GOP's future with Hispanics.

And he's as stupid as a typical C-D wingnut, too.
So your say6ing that buy votesd by keep to the democratic party line is what a senator is supposed to do. If he did that he would be a stooge like so many in congress that don't even read the bills.That is what is wrong with this new Obama party lihne'be lead by the nose even if it stinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies