Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Won A $100 Million Dollar Jack Pot Lottery, Would You Still Continue To Shop At Wal-Mart And
YES 104 75.91%
NO 33 24.09%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 11:07 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Have not won no huge lotto, but we do pretty good ourself in the money department. I have always been a saver ever since we first married many moons ago, MANY. Still am to this day, people laugh at me, always getting a deal for something, and it works. Why stop.

If I need something quick, I will go wherever for it, I am a comparable shopper believe me. Wal-mart and Target have the same exact items that other Super Markets do, I know, I compare Super Markets, my thing.

In fact one Wal-Mart I go into, are the only store that have spiced ground Italian sausage, it is an Italian thing, no other Markets have the ground sausage, with all these Italian herbs and spices. When I am too busy to make it from scratch, it is a great tasting sausage.

I like to save money, maybe that is why we have Money. Infact I make deals with store managers, not them with me.

Always been my thing to save money, never know when that rainy day will come.

If a store is in a decent nice area, I will shop there, but not something I do everysay. I also go to the farmer Markets here in S.C. but still are better ones out there then this one in town.

Yes most Super Markets all carry the same brands. Some priced reasonable, some outrageous.

I am not shopping to check out the people also shopping, I get in and get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 12:55 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times
Yes. If you go to target near a college right before the fall semester you will see so many purrrty women.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Target, yes - Walmart, NO. (I have not shopped there in at least three years and never will again.)

Same I cant shop at Walmart anymore. The people there are almost always rude and trashy, massive lines, store is filthy. I always leave in a weird mood.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Same I cant shop at Walmart anymore. The people there are almost always rude and trashy, massive lines, store is filthy. I always leave in a weird mood.

Where do you live. The stores that I do go into, are in O.C. I.E. AND the high desert area. They are all super Wal-marts, they are clean, or believe me I would not be in them, I am a clean freakkkkkkk. They are nice with a smile and greet you as you come in. And I can self check myself, they have at least 7 self checks. The people are not rude nor trashy. Isles are wide and always being swept and clean, or believe u me, I would not be in them.

Guess it depends on where u live, to see trashy people, but that goes without saying. You have trashy people in certain counties in every State.

They have never ever been rude to me or anyone else, I have not witnessed this at all. Where do you live what State.

And there is never massive lines, with self checkers.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Where do you live. The stores that I do go into, are in O.C. I.E. AND the high desert area. They are all super Wal-marts, they are clean, or believe me I would not be in them, I am a clean freakkkkkkk. They are nice with a smile and greet you as you come in. And I can self check myself, they have at least 7 self checks. The people are not rude nor trashy. Isles are wide and always being swept and clean, or believe u me, I would not be in them.

Guess it depends on where u live, to see trashy people, but that goes without saying. You have trashy people in certain counties in every State.

They have never ever been rude to me or anyone else, I have not witnessed this at all. Where do you live what State.

And there is never massive lines, with self checkers.

The one that was the final straw for me was in Sacramento. The two I've been to in san diego ( el cajon, and clairemont) were not as bad but still not equal to a target. I'm not familiar with the oc ones or IE but i'm willing to bet I could find one in the IE that would make your skin crawl haha.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:18 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Wow, ancient thread resurrection!!

There's a reason that poor people who win lotteries manage to blow $300 million in just a few years and end up with nothing. They assume that rich people only ever shop at "rich people stores." One of the biggest reasons most rich people get rich is because they're tightwads. They spend a lifetime spending as little as possible on absolutely everything. If I won $100 million I'd pay off my house and a handful of other debts. I'd fix a number of things I can't currently afford to fix. But I'd be very very cautious not to blow the wad on frivolous crap.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:21 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Wal mart and Target sell stuff that I always like regardless if I'm a millionaire or not like:?

Blue Ray Movies, music, PS4 and XBOX One games, Apple stuff, car cleaning items and soap and lotion and all kinds of personal hygiene supplies and they do also have a pharmacy.

I will also continue shopping at Best Buy.

I wouldn't park a Bentley or a Ferrari in their parking lot, I would want to keep a low profile if I was a millionaire shopping at those places.

but then again, I always have the option of sending the HELP to get those things for me.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I don't go to those stores often but I'd still pop by the Wal-mart Neighborhood Grocery store because it's down the street from me. I'd continue to shop on Amazon and ebay...that's where the best stuff is.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:42 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
I wouldn't shop period, I'd send someone else to do it. Oh how it must feel, never to have to walk into a store again. Or go out into society again for that matter...

Old 08-06-2018, 02:38 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Wow, ancient thread resurrection!!

There's a reason that poor people who win lotteries manage to blow $300 million in just a few years and end up with nothing. They assume that rich people only ever shop at "rich people stores." One of the biggest reasons most rich people get rich is because they're tightwads. They spend a lifetime spending as little as possible on absolutely everything. If I won $100 million I'd pay off my house and a handful of other debts. I'd fix a number of things I can't currently afford to fix. But I'd be very very cautious not to blow the wad on frivolous crap.
Another resurrection! They also blow $300M because they look at all of that as spendable, when only a percentage of that is truly spendable, unless you in fact plan on deliberately blowing it all in a few years. Probably the standard 4% safe withdrawal rate no longer applies, but unless you plan on blowing it all, the most you can spend is probably 8% or so a year. And yes if I won $100M I would continue to shop at Target and Walmart with my 6% a year spending money.

Last edited by fumbling; 08-06-2018 at 02:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies