Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If You Won A $100 Million Dollar Jack Pot Lottery, Would You Still Continue To Shop At Wal-Mart And
YES 104 75.91%
NO 33 24.09%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,835,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I don't know many people that shop both at Target AND Walmart. I will not set foot into a Walmart.
I don't believe you, but why wouldn't step foot in a wal mart? I don't shop at wal mart, but if they had something I wanted, I would buy it.

my guess is that any liberal that won that much money in the lottery would instantly become a fiscal conservative after they saw how much is taken in taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,944,716 times
I don't really shop much at Target or Walmart to begin with. However I wouldn't change and upgrade my current places I go to if that's what you're really after with this question. One of the things I'm really keen on if I ever won the lottery is not showcasing it and that includes not buying some flashy exotic car. I would fulfill a dream of buying a nice colonial house somewhere and fix it up to make it a bed and breakfast inn

Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 AM

5,161 posts, read 11,417,849 times
I don't shop at Walmart period... never have and never will.
Try to avoid the big box stores period, except when there is no alternative to them.

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-15-2009, 06:57 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
I don't know many people that shop both at Target AND Walmart. I will not set foot into a Walmart.

We have both right across the street from each other and we shop at both (depending on what we need).

I don't shop at Walmart anyway. They sell cheap crap that isn't worth the effort of trying to squeeze through their narrow aisles.

Ours is big, bright, beautiful, and looks way more like a department store than a typical Walmart.

I'm not sure why having more money would necessarily change where you shop. I mean, do you suddenly have different needs (soap, detergent, antiperspirant) because you have more money? We live in a very affluent part of town, and the Walmart and Target thrive.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times
Would You Still Continue To Shop At Target And Wal-Mart If You Won $100 Million Dollars In The Lottery ?

I would never darken either of those companies doors.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:59 AM

769 posts, read 886,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I live in the sticks and have no problem driving a few more miles to shop and I don't mind paying a little more to the mom and pop establishments.

Difference in lifestyles simply, cause I do mind paying more; I'm not running a charity.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:00 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,053,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I don't believe you, but why wouldn't step foot in a wal mart? I don't shop at wal mart, but if they had something I wanted, I would buy it.

my guess is that any liberal that won that much money in the lottery would instantly become a fiscal conservative after they saw how much is taken in taxes.
You seem to "guess" at a lot of stuff,but that doesn't make in true in any world other than your own.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:19 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,258,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Seconded.

Every time I've had the unfortunate experience of going into a Wal Mart it has been a horrible experience. Screaming kids, discarded potato chip bags and soda cans littering the aisles, long checkout lines, complete disarray on most aisles, etc.

Not to mention all the abandoned Wal Marts with new Wal Marts right across the street that I've seen on numerous road trips.

I don't really like going to Target either (Luckily my wife likes it), but at least their stores are clean and organized.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:25 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,835,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You seem to "guess" at a lot of stuff,but that doesn't make in true in any world other than your own.

trust me. you know those losers who win the lottery, and end up bankrupt? it's because they don't understand taxes, because they've never had to pay them. they are fiscally conservative. I guess at a lot of stuff, yet I'm always right.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I still would because I do not want to become one of those stuck up limousine liberal millionaire snobs who look down on people who shop at Wal-Mart and Target.
Oh for God's sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies