Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
"No child Left Behind" was designed to force public education to babysit the disruptive instead of throwing the trouble makers out on the street. The goal of making a decent education impossible in poor neighborhoods was achieved. The bill was designed to destroy public education in favor of for profit private propaganda mills.

This bill must be removed and the public schools encouraged to concentrate their efforts on the kids that want an education and let the rest go on to an underclass existence.
Good post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
WOW!!!

There are some really great posts in here

I am changing school districts this year and I am going to have to drive about 30 miles round trip everyday to take my kid to and from school,BUT it's well worth it as this one has a disruptive atmoshere and they allow the kids to watch their lessons on video....my kid has learned NOTHING and her last teacher used to send daily progress notes home and the teacher's spelling was horrible!!!

The new school I am taking her to stresses fundamentals of education and have put out a lot of children who have went on to a much higher education and good careers(several of my cousins graduated from there and have done quite well)....my girl has wanted to be a Vet since we first asked her that question years ago and she still insists to this day that that is what she is going to do,so I HAVE to get her out of this second rate school for her to even stand a chance.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You can spend all the money you want in the world but you can't force someone to want an education or to take advantage of a "free" public education.
Yep and you can spend all the money you want to and those who do not have the abiity will still not do well in school.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies