Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:22 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Our electricity, water, trash collection and homeowners insurance COMBINED, cost less than we were paying FOR WATER ALONE in TX.
golfgod
I agree with you on a lot of things, golfgod...but I can't swallow this one. I am in Houston with a 4 person household and we pay about $45 a month on water.

Anyway- my 2 cents-
YES. Texans are defensive about their state.
YES. There are some racist and (IMO) overly-conservative people here.
YES. It's hot.
BUT- They are proud because they love it here. There are no more welcoming people in ANY place I been. And it's beautiful weather for 9 months a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Many posters on this forum seem to have a deep hatred of Texas (or, perhaps, a fear of Texas ).

Please feel free to post your Texas-bashing comments here.

This will be quite entertaining for those of us who know better.
Hell,I love Texas(lived there for awhile...the winters are) and I intend to semi retire early to the Hill Country and start another little "bidness" to keep busy with in the not so distant future.

THAT being said,you boys KNOW that you DO have more than your fair share of dumb asses though if you'll admit it....You see them everytime you leave the house and you know it.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
This thread is hilarious. Does living in TX come with a persecution complex or something as well?
Dude...I am a reasonable and usually quiet/modest person. In real life, I don't rah-rah Texas...or even talk about it much except to say I am from Texas.

But I have been absolutely blown away at how many people just start randomly bashing Texas the second they find out you're from there.

Most of the ones I have encountered were from the east coast (though I was not always on the east coast when I met these people). It would be quiet, casual conversation, and then BAM! Random Texas bashing. It is so weird. And half the time, they've never been to Texas and have no idea what they are talking about.

Comical, as we don't sit here in Texas and bash other states amongst ourselves.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Austin is one of my favorite places in the U.S.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 AM

551 posts, read 855,582 times
God Bless Texas!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
But I have been absolutely blown away at how many people just start randomly bashing Texas the second they find out you're from there.
Similar to California. Some people are insecure and need to beat up on the big guys to make themselves feel better.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
As a native-Texan, I'm immensely proud of my home state and will return in a few years.

The only bashing I have against Texas is I fear the increasing liberalism in the state due to transplants bringing blue state values with them and illegal immigrants. It is a real shame what has happened to Florida, and I hope that never happens to Texas.

That said I look forward to returning to Texas in a few years!

Exactly. I am way up north, and miss it very much, dream about it! Used to be a bumper sticker that said something like: "Texas, a nice place to visit...now go home!" The transplants and illegals need to go, how to clear them out is the challenge.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
As a native-Texan, I'm immensely proud of my home state and will return in a few years.

The only bashing I have against Texas is I fear the increasing liberalism in the state due to transplants bringing blue state values with them and illegal immigrants. It is a real shame what has happened to Florida, and I hope that never happens to Texas.

That said I look forward to returning to Texas in a few years!
I don't think you have to fear so much the "blue state libralism" because a lot of your transplants are old hogheaded GOP types moving in for the milder weather,plus the state I live in is a blue state due to Chicago,but when you get down here where I am,we do our own thing and it's a "purple area"...a perfect mix of blue/red...to much red sucks ass and to much blue sucks ass in my book...

Now what you NEED to fear is the illegals and the dope war spilling over onto your ground...THAT'S a REAL concern.

Oh and fear rattlers too
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_apr20...attlesnake.htm

http://www.jonbryan.com/index.php?/c...ies/4-Pictures

Old 07-16-2009, 08:56 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
One need not fear rattlesnakes. Rattlers normally gives warning before they strike.

Liberals don't. They are sneaky little malcontents.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
One need not fear rattlesnakes. Rattlers normally gives warning before they strike.

Liberals don't. They are sneaky little malcontents.
Funny you're content with all the awful things about Texas enumerated in earlier posts in this thread.

But I guess those things and the people who defend them, to their own detriment, are what make Texas Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies