Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 02:01 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, only "hardly damaged" according to the truther sites. The people who were there say heavily damaged. But because they do, they are automatically assigned to the {{JARRING CHORD}} secret shadow government so that their words can be summarily dismissed and the truth movement can live on.

I bet you think Larry Silverstein made money off the attacks, too, don't you...sigh....
You thought wrong. My issues are with the investigation of 9/11. The fact is, none of us here will really know what happened and who did it.

Last edited by kaimuki; 07-31-2009 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 02:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Consider the source. In a court of law, the credibility of any witness is of great importance. Being a retired auto mechanic by trade, I see no reason why I would expect anyone to take a thesis I might write on bio-engineering seriously

I'm not really sure why one needs to be a Republican to question the validity of a statement made by a crackpot. I'm not a Repuclican but somehow I can't seem to give much merit to the ramblings of some crackhead screaming at the sidewalk.

YouTube - 9/11 Inside Job - The Most Damning Evidence Yet!

Old 07-31-2009, 05:47 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Video Link removed

You don't need to go to the trouble of posting videos from the highly reliable sources at Youtube. I've seen 'em already.

Though I may be a retired mechanic, don't assume I'm uneducated and easily convinced. I chose mechanics simply because I quickly realized that I could make a lot more as a shop owner than relying on fickle grants in a lab. I am somewhat familiar with combustibles. Just because a particular chemical ignites at a particular temp doesn't mean that's the temp at which it must burn. Please remember that it will also ignite at higher temps too. Go figure.

Anyway, as entertaining as the video may be, it fails to answer my query as to why one must be a Republican to question the source.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
You don't need to go to the trouble of posting videos from the highly reliable sources at Youtube. I've seen 'em already.

Though I may be a retired mechanic, don't assume I'm uneducated and easily convinced. I chose mechanics simply because I quickly realized that I could make a lot more as a shop owner than relying on fickle grants in a lab. I am somewhat familiar with combustibles. Just because a particular chemical ignites at a particular temp doesn't mean that's the temp at which it must burn. Please remember that it will also ignite at higher temps too. Go figure.

Anyway, as entertaining as the video may be, it fails to answer my query as to why one must be a Republican to question the source.
Well, there's "questioning the source" - and then there's deflecting, dodging, denying and discrediting a source.

Which do you practice the most?

Guess we'll have to back this rig up.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post9838954

Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Well, there's "questioning the source" - and then there's deflecting, dodging, denying and discrediting a source.

Which do you practice the most?

Guess we'll have to back this rig up.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post9838954
You could try backing up enough to answer my question.

The only source I'm questioning is you and why you think only republicans question the sources.

Again I ask, why does one need to be a republican to doubt an unreliable source of information? Since I'm not a Republican and do indeed doubt crackpots, I'm having difficutly getting your point. To be honest, you're starting to sound like the guy screaming at the sidewalk. If you think talking in what you believe to be clever circles and vague attempts at personal insults is adding to your credibility, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

Exactly what is your basis for this conclusion? You're trying to backpedal and claim this is wandering off topic but it's you that dragged this thread off, not me.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
You could try backing up enough to answer my question.

The only source I'm questioning is you and why you think only republicans question the sources.
That is a tortured conjure of your own making.

You appear to be, if not a Republican, then a wanker of your own adopted illusions.

Quote:
I'm having difficutly getting your point.
Keep playing with it - don't stop! It will come if you just keep working it.

Think of whatshisname - D*ck Cheney!

YouTube - 9/11 Inside Job - The Most Damning Evidence Yet!

Last edited by ergohead; 07-31-2009 at 07:33 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
The fact is, none of us here will really know what happened and who did it.
Soooo, the admission by UBL was not good enough for you? The voices of the Hijackers not good enough? Calls from the passengers, not good enough?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Soooo, the admission by UBL was not good enough for you? The voices of the Hijackers not good enough? Calls from the passengers, not good enough?
This UBL? https://www.ubl.com.pk/

Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:

You appear to be, if not a Republican, then a wanker of your own adopted illusions.

Think of whatshisname - D*ck Cheney!
So instead of answering the question, you're going to revert again to insults?

You seem to be under the misguided impression your juvenile taunts are getting under my skin. I'm actually amused at your interesting and unfortunately not-so-unique point of view.

I'm not even arguing against your beliefs that 9-11 was an inside job. I'm arguing about your contention that only Republicans question crackpots when if you understood Americans as well as you think you do, you'd realize the opposite is true. Here in the US, it's generally the fringe element of the card carrying right who seem more inclined to subscribe to conspiracy theories. This is a fact that your tabloids haven't informed you of.

Since you don't seem to have an actual answer or are simply too thick to comprehend my question and feel the need to hide your density with personal insults and insinuations that you seem to have miraculously plucked from your anus.....please feel free to stoop to the final dying gasp of any lost argument and comment on my grammar and /or spelling because it would seem that's all you've got.

Here's a tip: Next time you decide to have a war of wit, don't go unarmed.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Think of what's-his-name - D*ck Cheney!
Joe

Try this. Maybe it will help.

Palin Snarling Like Cheney - Cheney-Palin Picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies