Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
OMG So why couldnt the companies spend that much?
Because they were public companies in danger of failing, at the time.

And they "could," Obama never took steps to stop them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 10:03 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

SSA is in danger of failing...well lets be honest it is bound to fail.

But the servants of the people went and had a good time anyway.

You seem to support government waste of the people's money...surely I am mistaken?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Quote:
-No it is about the money, I've said in many threads on this board that I am sick and tired of gov wasting money and I dont care if its democrats or republicans wasting.

-If Obama doesnt know about this and them taking this conference hes clueless. So you are saying that Obama doesnt know whats happening in the depts of gov that he runs and in charge of?
-The companies that Obama told couldnt have theirs were scheduled in advance and they canceled theirs. So whats the next excuse
-How much did those companies lose when they actually canceled theirs?

Nothing you said above is valid or a point. So please lets not talk about understanding seriously because your entire post was lacking and nothing but excuses for Obama.
You need some civics classes, Jadex.
No, Obama doesn't know the inner workings of each agency. Why, how would he? Every director of every agency doesn't know the minutiae of each and every employee or meeting in his agency.
Why don't you link to how much companies receiving buyouts lost by cancelling conferences since you're so outraged. Or is the outrage just for hating Obama purposes?
You complain about government employees being stupid, yet you berate them for learning probably better, faster, cheaper ways to do their jobs.

You seem to know nothing about economics.
And please, don't bother responding, you're another one into the "too stupid to read anymore" filter.

Since I have oz on filter, and someone quoted him, tell me what SSA has to do with DOD and NO, I am not a DoD employee, I work WITH, not FOR them. So David, you actually don't know everything/anything about anyone else.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:10 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,830,617 times
Quote:

lol our gov isnt borrowing money? lol how is that different then a company borrowing from the gov. Both are having to borrow money to pay their bills.

Yeah Obama getting on national tv telling them what he did wasnt going to stop them. lol Since he held the purse strings to their company making it or not

Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

You seem to support government waste of the people's money...surely I am mistaken?
They dont seem to know that Obama has had to borrow money from China and now just printing money to cover our bills.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
lol our gov isnt borrowing money? lol how is that different then a company borrowing from the gov. Both are having to borrow money to pay their bills.

Yeah Obama getting on national tv telling them what he did wasnt going to stop them. lol Since he held the purse strings to their company making it or not
Barack Hussein Obama is very scary, isnt he?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:14 AM

551 posts, read 854,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
and NO, I am not a DoD employee, I work WITH, not FOR them. So David, you actually don't know everything/anything about anyone else.
Your post from an earlier thread:

Quote:
Not only have I served, but have worked in and for DOD for over 25 years.
Why do you ask?
Hmmmm.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

Hey oz, I think it was you I asked if you ever complained about government employees running off to meetings spending our money during the Bush regime.

So, did you ever complain about that?

To answer your question -- I think they might as well have the meetings if they dont have them every week, but they should spend 100% in local places, not chains -- hotels, restaurants, souvenir stores, etc.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
You need some civics classes, Jadex.
No, Obama doesn't know the inner workings of each agency. Why, how would he? Every director of every agency doesn't know the minutiae of each and every employee or meeting in his agency.
Why don't you link to how much companies receiving buyouts lost by cancelling conferences since you're so outraged. Or is the outrage just for hating Obama purposes?
You complain about government employees being stupid, yet you berate them for learning probably better, faster, cheaper ways to do their jobs.

You seem to know nothing about economics.
And please, don't bother responding, you're another one into the "too stupid to read anymore" filter.

Since I have oz on filter, and someone quoted him, tell me what SSA has to do with DOD and NO, I am not a DoD employee, I work WITH, not FOR them. So David, you actually don't know everything/anything about anyone else.
Lol The heads of these depts dont report to Obama lol Yeah ok Because they had heads of each dept that reports to someone or they report to the president directly lol Shaking my head

LOL @ you calling me stupid

Then asking me to do you a favor but told me not to respond to you

OMG is all I can say

Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times
Quote:
Barack Hussein Obama is very scary, isnt he?
Deflecting the debate again???

Tsk tsk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies