Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:37 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,207,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Glenn Beck is on (in my area) during a time of the day which I previously referred to as "The Abyss of Talk Radio". My choice is either him, or some local crap. I gave Glenn another chance on the day linked above.

Now, I agree with Beck on nearly zero issues. But I have to admit, he may have earned a non-agreeing fan with that little tirade, it was hilarious and entertaining.

I may not agree with him, but if he helps past the time I spend on the road, I am okay with that.
I can't get Beck on radio but never miss his tv show and never manage to disagree with very much of what he says. Isn't it something that people can be as disparate as we are? It is what makes this place a nice place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,835,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How exactly did government destory healthcare?

17 year patent laws would be a good start. you can't have a free market with a 17 year monopoly.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM

133 posts, read 173,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Glenn Beck is a sobbing doofus.
You are too!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:46 AM

133 posts, read 173,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Glenn Beck is what's wrong with America. The haters like him that seek to divide this country are quickly becoming irrelevant though. America is changing and moving to the left. Glenn Beck is a throwback to a more vicious America that didn't care for its own. Those days are over.
Thank God you're wrong!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:50 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,496,517 times
I agree with Glenn Beck 100% but his personality is a bit annoying... the guy whines too much.

Otherwise though, I agree with the man. He has solid morals.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeBack View Post
Thank God you're wrong!
Have you read Beck's "Common Sense"? I just finished it and am more of a supporter than before reading it. I think that there may well be some libs here that would see things different than now if they read that book. BTW, I reread Paine's Common Sense, in Beck's book, before I read Beck and that showed me the difference in Paine, as a revolutionary, compared to Beck being what libs like to call him.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I agree with Glenn Beck 100% but his personality is a bit annoying... the guy whines too much.

Otherwise though, I agree with the man. He has solid morals.
I watch him every day on tv and although he does seem to be very emotional now and then he quiets down immediately and that proves to me that he is using his "act" to get across his point.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,043,041 times
Why do cd posters get up in arms about talk show hosts?

Their only goal is ratings. Who knows if they even believe what they say?

I suggest all Talk show threads (Rush, Hannity, Olberman, Maddow, Beck, Matthews et al...) get their own forum or put them under the Entertainment forum. They do not promote any intelligent political discourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies