Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: My thoughts on this topic are
The dad needs to go to prison for a few years and see what it is like to be beaten up. 28 31.11%
It is horrible. Let the DA, jury and or judge decide. 57 63.33%
The Dad deserves the electric chair. Should be charged for attempted murder. 7 7.78%
It's too extreme/harsh. Although I see the father's point of view. 4 4.44%
I'm neutral. Don't care either way. 6 6.67%
I'm on the dad's side. The gay evil spirits need to be cast out of the son. 5 5.56%
The dad should be praised and honored for what he did. 4 4.44%
The dad is only doing what is best for his son and should not be arrested or prosecuted. 4 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Yes but the posters are blatantly saying this animal was a religious conservative when it says nothing of either in the article and yes I find it very troubling being put in the same group as this monster.
Understandable. It's good that you're calling them on that. I don't like it when people make things up either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 08:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Not true. 2 of them ended up on death row actually. (Assuming we're talking about the same case.)
yes, you're right. I made a mistake -- this was some other case.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Religious nutcases. No doubt dad is a good Republican!
Actually, my uncle was and still is a life long Democrat

Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Religious nutcases. No doubt dad is a good Republican!
Of course.
He might have been reading too much Focus on the Family bs too.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Of course.
He might have been reading too much Focus on the Family bs too.
Yeah ... Focus on the Family is calling all conservatives to beat the crap out of homosexuals.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yeah ... Focus on the Family is calling all conservatives to beat the crap out of homosexuals.
You don't have to explicitly say it but by saying gays are out to ruin civilization, they are evil, etc...you invite violence upon gays and lesbians.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:00 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
You don't have to explicitly say it but by saying gays are out to ruin civilization, they are evil, etc...you invite violence upon gays and lesbians.
So you must put Louis Farrakhan is in the same group as FOTF. Yes?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
What about the liberal media that bashes Christians and equates them with terroists? Doesn't rhetoric like this invite violence upon Christians?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
So you must put Louis Farrakhan is in the same group as FOTF. Yes?
I don't too much concern myself with Farrakhan but he isn't my favorite person in the world.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
I for one simply cannot believe that there is ANYONE who is sane and would say that it is ok to beat their son/daughter for being gay and letting the "demons out".

Are you serious? That is insane, in my eyes. And to some of you who are saying it would be different if the person was white or Christian and they would not get help, you are wrong. I would do everything in my power to help anyone who was getting attacked regardless of sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, etc etc. For some, it is a issue of black or white. For me, I see all colors and would help all.

Would you think it is ok if someone else beat up their son or daughter? You do know if this boy was a minor, it would go to CPS? They are not going to believe the "I was beating the gay out of him" crap. Do you think the father will get a get away with it? Doubt it. He attacked his son and the fact that some of you can defend a man who beat his child like that is disgusting.

Your father is someone you look up too to support you and love you. You look up to him to confide into and make memories with. Not someone who beats you and looks down upon you. I am sorry that anyone has to go through with this.

I am for gay marriage, no doubt about it. I will not deny that if my son/daughter came out to be gay, I would be a bit sad about it HOWEVER-I would NEVER beat the crap out of them for it. I would accept them for who they are and get involved with whatever is going on. I would tell them if I approve of their partner like I would do for my straight child.

Please-LOVE NOT HATE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies