Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times

Advertisements

This is a thread where you say something nice about someone who has opposite beliefs of you.

I am going to go ahead and say Msconnie now called Chatteress is the person I would like to thank.

She showed me that not all religious people on the right are insane and crazy about taking away peoples rights! LOL.

We have talked some and she showed me a better side to Christianity. I still am Agnostic but grateful to her for her time.

So what about you? Anyone on the opposite side of the political lines that you like or learned something from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Awwe ... You are making me blush

There are two liberals that I can think of off the top of my head:

LiberalVoice: Although we disagree vastly on most issues, I admire the passion that she displays towards the causes that she believes in. Now if we can only convert her to the conservative side ... Just kidding!

Katiana: I may not always agree with her point of view, but her posts are usually well-thought out and she is one of the more reasonable liberals on this forum.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Awwe ... You are making me blush

There are two liberals that I can think of off the top of my head:

LiberalVoice: Although we disagree vastly on most issues, I admire the passion that she displays towards the causes that she believes in. Now if we can only convert her to the conservative side ... Just kidding!

Katiana: I may not always agree with her point of view, but her posts are usually well-thought out and she is one of the more reasonable liberals on this forum.
I manage to agree with many posts by Katiana although we disagree about most of what she posts. At least I don't expect to read some name calling rubbish when I start reading something by her. Yeah, she is one of the good guys. Too bad she won't change sides.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:53 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
There are a lot of folks on here who hold different beliefs than I have,but I still respect their opinions...they know who they are because I rep them all of the time.I don't have to agree to respect them.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Jtur ain't so bad. Wrong about a lot ( ), but generally reasonable and doesn't lose their cool.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I manage to agree with many posts by Katiana although we disagree about most of what she posts. At least I don't expect to read some name calling rubbish when I start reading something by her. Yeah, she is one of the good guys. Too bad she won't change sides.
Hey, I'll never change sides, but thanks for the kind words. You, too, are one who does not personally attack or flame, and tries to see both sides.

Also, RayInAk and Greatday.

This is a good idea.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-18-2009 at 12:54 AM..

Old 07-18-2009, 03:34 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
A lot of people debate with platitudes and knee-jerk reactions. Then they seem to become angry because they don't have any facts which with to debate. I recently had a debate with pirate_lafitte and found him to be chock full of facts. He presented these facts clearly in a civilized and rational manner even when he found himself under attack by others.

Bravo pirate_lafitte!

- Reel

Old 07-18-2009, 09:16 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Roysoldboy and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum on most issues, but I've found him most of the time to be not only intelligent, but willing to disagree without getting childish about it.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Well gosh, let's just all go have a beer... and soda for the religious nutcases!

Old 07-18-2009, 09:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I think we need threads like these to break the tension. You can see who is and who isn't participating. Just like that thread last week about partying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies