Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If anybody owes anybody an apology George Walker Bush owes an apology to every service man/woman in harm's way.
Whatever, burdell, this guy comes in and basically says that Amaznjohn doesn't support his own child in the war. That's rediculous. And if you can't see the need for an apology, well, I guess I just needed to know that about you.

PS Exactly who forced our VOLUNTEER service men and women to sign up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 05:34 PM

673 posts, read 4,069,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
Seriously, People who do support a withdrawl do not support the troops and its as easy as that..
I should correct myself people who do not support a withdrawl of the troops
do not support the troops!

People who think its okay that the troops are there in Iraq fighting for a lost cause have no respect for the troops what so ever in my opinion.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:46 PM

607 posts, read 3,557,809 times
Quote:

People who think its okay that the troops are there in Iraq fighting for a lost cause have no respect for the troops what so ever in my opinion.
I'm thoroughly convinced that Matden has never been in the military much less stood at attention and saluted an American flag.

Nor does matden realize what is being done over there. Do you and people like you think that American troops are just standing around with guns in there hands waiting for something to happen.

While they are doing all of these GOOD things the Iranian Govt. is financing insurgence to try to undo the GOOD things YOUR American soldiers are doing for the country of Iraq.

The troops are training new Iraqi soldiers to fight for themselves.

They are setting up schools for kids and hospitals.

Police forces are being formed of Iraqis who care about the future of their newly freed country.

"LOST CAUSE" ? Join up. You might learn somthing.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Whatever, burdell, this guy comes in and basically says that Amaznjohn doesn't support his own child in the war. That's rediculous. And if you can't see the need for an apology, well, I guess I just needed to know that about you.

PS Exactly who forced our VOLUNTEER service men and women to sign up?

If you hadn't been so quick to jump on your high horse into the arms of confusion you might have have noticed I wasn't replying to Amaznjohn's post.

So volunteers aren't owed committment by their CinC? He shouldn't be working as hard as possible on a new plan when it's been determined one is needed because they're volunteers?

I suggest in the interest of fairness you take your pissy little sense of indignation and apply it to yourself as well.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:56 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:

So, I don't support my own son? I have no respect for my own son? You, sir have much to learn about respect and honor.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:10 AM

673 posts, read 4,069,712 times
Its the neoconservatives who started this strange unwinnable civil war who are extremely disrepectful and disgraceful.
People who dont think troops should be withdrawn from Iraq and come home are little more then puppets for the ultra-elitest neoconservatives.

Besides why dont they give these military families a break and maybe those rich, arrogant neo-conservatives who never envisioned the ramifications of starting a civil war should go to Iraq on long-term missions.

While the troops are Iraq trying to fight a unwinnable lost cause in a hot, windy desert; the neoconservative elite who began this war that has drained hundreds of billions dollars and costs thousands of soldiers lives are living lavish, luxurious lifestyles.

Suprising these neo-conservatives are so good at public relations that even have some military families believing what they say.
I think the people who suggested that the nation go to Iraq and drain hundreds of billions of dollars should go start a Masters degree in Brainwashing program at a university,

I think the best way to honor the troops is for them to withdraw from the Iraqi and go back home as soon as possible.

Its disrepectful and dishonorable for people to believe that troops should stay in that unwinnable civil and religious war in Iraq.

Last edited by MattDen; 04-21-2007 at 05:54 AM..

Old 04-21-2007, 05:24 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,022,184 times
This war had about the same pretext that Hitler used in 1939 to attack Poland- and the same one he used to attack the USSR in 1941. Hitler's attack on Poland in 1939 was built on total fabrication. Hitler told his generals in 1941, he had to 'attack Russia' in order to make England 'give up'.
Sounds like Bush-' I had to get Saddam' in order to get 'the terrorists'.

GW Bush and his henchmen- Cheney and Wolfowitz and even Lieberman should be held responsible for war crimes.

Rich spoiled brat Bush, started this war as a game- and to get even with Saddam over his 'Daddy'. It goes to prove that such a misfired and ill planned adventure has blown up in Bush's face.

For all the life of me- Cheney reminds me so much of Hitlers right hand man, Martin Bormann.

All these poor young men and women, either dead or maimed for life physically or mentally- all for what? George Bush's distorted views of freedom and democracy?

Old 04-21-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
This war had about the same pretext that Hitler used in 1939 to attack Poland- and the same one he used to attack the USSR in 1941. Hitler's attack on Poland in 1939 was built on total fabrication. Hitler told his generals in 1941, he had to 'attack Russia' in order to make England 'give up'.
Sounds like Bush-' I had to get Saddam' in order to get 'the terrorists'.

GW Bush and his henchmen- Cheney and Wolfowitz and even Lieberman should be held responsible for war crimes.

Rich spoiled brat Bush, started this war as a game- and to get even with Saddam over his 'Daddy'. It goes to prove that such a misfired and ill planned adventure has blown up in Bush's face.

For all the life of me- Cheney reminds me so much of Hitlers right hand man, Martin Bormann.

All these poor young men and women, either dead or maimed for life physically or mentally- all for what? George Bush's distorted views of freedom and democracy?
You have no evidence at all to substantiate your claims. Bush made no such statement. You cannot provide me one single crime that Bush and/or Cheney can be charged with. Drop your leftist rhetoric and provide some facts instead of parrotting the extreme left-wing websites. Think for yourself.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Its the neoconservatives who started this strange unwinnable civil war who are extremely disrepectful and disgraceful.
This demonstrates that you have no concept of how this war was begun. Clinton's adminstration drew up the plans for Iraqi regime change. The Congress, Reps. and Dems., voted for it, and the UN passed a resolution authorizing "extreme consequences" if Saddam didn't adher to his Surrender Agreement.

Quote:
I think the best way to respect and honor the troops is for them to withdraw from the Iraqi and go back home as soon as possible.

Its disrepectful and dishonorable for people to believe that troops should stay in that unwinnable civil and religious war in Iraq.
I'd rather my son be fighting them in Iraq rather than here on American soil. Do you actually WANT us to win this war?

Old 04-21-2007, 06:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You have no evidence at all to substantiate your claims. Bush made no such statement. You cannot provide me one single crime that Bush and/or Cheney can be charged with. Drop your leftist rhetoric and provide some facts instead of parrotting the extreme left-wing websites. Think for yourself.
Criminal? Probably not.

Deceptive? Absolutely, positively, factually YES!

Ever since 9/11 this administration has continually attempted to infer ties between 9/11 and Iraq/Saddam Hussein even though none are FACTUALLY known to exist, even though it IS FACT that Iraq was on the Bush agenda long before 9/11.

Maybe if Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld hadn't collectively had the public persona of a cheesey used-car salesman their motive(s) would've been more believable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies