Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And you don't? You know that you do so go ahead and admit it. The lefties here won't get really mad at you, I hope.
No, I dont have a problem with the health plan for Congress and -- as Saganista patiently pointed out in Post #12 -- civilian federal workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 04:21 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I'm especially frightened of this "C Street " Cult that seems to think they were appointed by God and their first loyalty to each other, rather than their electorate.
Agreed...100%. The lengths to which some have gone to inculcate their own
"brand" of Christianity into the government and military is unsettling. The idea of "Dominionism" is another aspect.

Dennis Loo: Sarah Palin and Dominionism

Old 07-18-2009, 04:22 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,968 times
This is great. Finally brought some life to this forum. This has been a good exercise.
Thanks

Old 07-18-2009, 04:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Is it a full moon or something???
I know.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:36 PM

After all this animosity how about some humor;

SKIVIES

There's an old sea story in the Navy about a ship's Captain who inspected his sailors, and afterward told the Chief Boson's Mate that his men smelled bad.

The Captain suggested perhaps it would help if the sailors would change underwear occasionally.

The Chief responded, "Aye, aye sir, I'll see to it immediately!"

The Chief went straight to the sailors berth deck and announced, "The Captain thinks you guys smell bad and wants you to change your underwear.

"Pittman, you change with Jones; McCarthy, you change with Witkowski; and Brown, you change with Schultz. Now get to it!!!"

THE MORAL:
Someone may be promising "Change" in Washington,
but don't count on things smelling any better!

Old 07-18-2009, 04:36 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
The Dems in Florida didn't want the votes of any military men or their dependents that were with them to get their votes countred and intended to keep it from happening.
False. The ballots in question were already excluded for having a late postmark. The Bush camp wanted to exclude only civilian ballots that were late while admitting those that were military in contravention of the law. The Gore camp wanted all of them excluded. Right-wingers spin this into trying to prevent military people from voting.

Quote:
You really don't know that a number of newspapers including the bible of the left, the New York Times, recounted those votes over and over and always the same result showed up. Nope, you don't know about that, do you?
Probably because it is also false. The media consortium recounts completed in Novermber 2001 showed that Bush would have won if either the recounts requested by Gore had been conducted or the recounts that the Supreme Court halted had been continued. Both of those involved only undervotes -- ballots where the machines had not detected a vote. Gore would have won under any situation in which overvotes were recounted. Those were ballots where for instance a vote was cast for Gore, and then Gore was also entered on the write-in line. Such ballots had been disqualified in election day counts.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
I do not need what they have. I have taken care of myself all my life. Have not used ANY government assistance in any way.

Seems like a lot of you still live with mommy and daddy or have your hand out.

Very very sad.
Do you drive on roads?
Did you or your kids go to public school?

Might want to look at some of these little items that you say you don't use.

Quote:
I didn't like the Congress and how they worked during the Bush years but you seem to think that if I say anything about now that is racial or something. I didn't even really like Bush but he was better than what the Dems offered up instead of him.
roy, why do you bring race into everything? Where did I say race? Why do you make things up?

You might want to look at this website http://failureisimpossible.com/Elect...dies/index.htm and read.
You keep overlooking voters being turned away from the polls, traffic stops in black communities, some black communities not having the voting machines delivered until after 3 pm. You have to look at all of the evidence, roy.
You're old enough to know that.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-18-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do you drive on roads?
Did you or your kids go to public school?

Might want to look at some of these little items that you say you don't use.

roy, why do you bring race into everything? Where did I say race? Why do you make things up?

You might want to look at this website Clearing up Florida's Electoral Swamp and read.
You keep overlooking voters being turned away from the polls, traffic stops in black communities, some black communities not having the voting machines delivered until after 3 pm. You have to look at all of the evidence, roy.
You're old enough to know that.

You might look into these items just in case you don't understand them"

Every hear of property tax? Ever hear of gas tax? Ever hear of Federal Income Tax? Ever hear of State income tax?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies