Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am 32, I have no kids, do not plan on having any and I am still trying to figure out why people have so many darn kids. I go to the local Lifetime Fitness and I see these "soccer moms" driving some really expensive SUV's and they have 3 or 4 kids. I am sure they are one paycheck away from bankruptcy or their husbands are working 12-13 hours/day to finance their lifestyle. The kids are for the most part hyper, loud, rude and have not been taught any manners or common sense. Worse yet, I see people working jobs that pay $12-13/hr and that still does not stop them from having kids, sometimes 2, 3 or 4. I still do not understand these dumbasses.
Move to San Francisco/Bekeley. Your hatred of children would fit right in with many people there.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
In my opinion, people can have as many kids as they want --- so long as they can AFFORD and take care of them WITHOUT the assistance of the government. It's called freedom.

Poor people should make responsible choices when it comes to reproduction. It's a lot to ask, however.

I, for one, could never understand the stance taken by educated, financially secure people that don't want to "add" to the population. Educated, financially secure people are the ones that SHOULD be having kids, instead of the ignorant and poor! Well to do (dinks, university types, etc.) don't have kids, and then these "educated" people turn around wonder why and bemoan the fact that the population continues to grow more ignorant and does not hold the same ideals that they do!!

Education, values, and morals start at home. When only the poor and uneducated have kids, it takes triple the resources to bring those kids out of their disadvantaged positions and to change the "poverty" world view.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:31 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
People do what they think is expected of them. I doubt many REALLY think about what having kids will mean to their lives. They think it is something you just do. I consciously chose to NOT have kids, and have NEVER regretted that decision for one second. I see way too many teenagers having kids, expecting their parents or the state to help them bring them up, too many people with kids with absolutely NO manners and NO guidance. Sad, really. I see some people that make good parents, but they are the exception, not the rule. Perfect examples are some of the laborers the company my husband works for employs. They have to work 12 hours a day to feed their 4 + kids at home, they never spend any time with their kids, have no savings and nothing for retirement....

Kids are a HUGE commitment, people should think long and hard before making such a commitment.

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
So let's get this straight. Some of you here are in favor of government forced sterilization of the undesirables and only allow the desirables to reproduce. Sure sounds like Nazi Germany to me. Zieg Heil! And you are the same people who call christians and KKK America's Nazi.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I am 32, I have no kids, do not plan on having any and I am still trying to figure out why people have so many darn kids. I go to the local Lifetime Fitness and I see these "soccer moms" driving some really expensive SUV's and they have 3 or 4 kids. I am sure they are one paycheck away from bankruptcy or their husbands are working 12-13 hours/day to finance their lifestyle. The kids are for the most part hyper, loud, rude and have not been taught any manners or common sense. Worse yet, I see people working jobs that pay $12-13/hr and that still does not stop them from having kids, sometimes 2, 3 or 4. I still do not understand these dumbasses.
You are making a ton of a*s*s umptions in the above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I believe that the intelligent are obligated to replace themselves. Too many people who demonstrate above average critical thinking skills (such as yourself) have opted out of raising children - children who will become tomorrow's voters. If too many thoughtful people follow your lead, we will become a nation (world?) that is subject to the whims of the great unwashed masses (does the specter of Pres. Palin come to mind??).
I think people should have kids or not as they wish. I wouldn't wish kids on people who don't want to have them. I have enjoyed child-raising immensely, but I realize not everyone feels that way.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:35 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,115 times
Quote:
Why is it any of your concern and why does it bother you?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:37 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So let's get this straight. Some of you here are in favor of government forced sterilization of the undesirables and only allow the desirables to reproduce. Sure sounds like Nazi Germany to me. Zieg Heil! And you are the same people who call christians and KKK America's Nazi.
It's to be expected. The LEFT did develop and implement eugenics in this country after all.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:48 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,648 times
Quote:
I love how you have a huge problem with stay at home "soccer moms" having several kids but you make no mention of ghetto thug welfare moms who have 5 to 10 kids while milking the welfare system
Who are you to judge how many kids a family that can obviously afford them (like the example you give) should have?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I believe in zero reproduction, so I probably shouldn't comment here.
i wish men were sterilized from birth and to get someone pregnant they would have to make a conscious decision, show means, both emotional and financial to breed.
How very ultra radical feminist of you

Old 07-19-2009, 09:55 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Just think: if our parents had decided not to have kids, look how much easier our lives would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies