Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,832,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
all the more reason to do it. I just have to snicker at this story.

that's not very tolerant of you. I don't know all the details, but if two guys were where they weren't supposed to be, then the should be forced out. I read the story a couple days ago. I am too lazy to read it again for a refresher. this is like me going to a housing project in a 14 karat gold cadillac and counting money in front of poor people. hmm, that actually sounds like a good idea. better make a note of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 02:31 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yeah, that was all in response to that guy who posted a link to a fair that gay guys in CA walked around half naked at... as if only gay people do that.

so are you saying that both sides are acting like idiots? that's usually the case in situations like this.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:33 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,529,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that's not very tolerant of you. I don't know all the details, but if two guys were where they weren't supposed to be, then the should be forced out. I read the story a couple days ago. I am too lazy to read it again for a refresher. this is like me going to a housing project in a 14 karat gold cadillac and counting money in front of poor people. hmm, that actually sounds like a good idea. better make a note of that.
Is it not a public place? 2 guys have every right to be there. Who's the intolerant one here, me? That's a gutbuster right there if I ever heard one.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,604,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
"Up your Alley 2008(link user is discussing)
I've been to that event many times. It's not a big deal. It covers one block, in the city of San Francisco, for one afternoon, once a year, and it's blocked off with barriers so that people can't just wander in.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-20-2009 at 06:22 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Is it not a public place? 2 guys have every right to be there. Who's the intolerant one here, me? That's a gutbuster right there if I ever heard one.
actually, no, it's not.

Quote:
For the second consecutive weekend, about 100 people gathered to stage a "kiss-in" to protest the treatment of two gay men cited for trespassing July 9 after they shared a kiss on the plaza owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

YouTube - The Price is Right losing horn

Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I've been to that event many times. It's not a big deal. It covers one block, in the city of San Francisco, for one afternoon, once a year, and it's blocked off with barriers so that people can't just wander in.
But there are men wearing....leather chaps! That's just unnatural.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
actually, no, it's not.

So 2 people can't walk into a religious area?

Old 07-20-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
So 2 people can't walk into a religious area?

you said it was a public place, and it's not. also, they weren't walking, they were kissing. if the church doesn't want them kissing on their property, that's up to them. it's private property.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:54 PM

10,815 posts, read 14,883,971 times
Quote:
But there are men wearing....leather chaps! That's just unnatural.
Or peeing on each other!

Of course we all know that happens at Mardi Gras too.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Or peeing on each other!

Of course we all know that happens at Mardi Gras too.
especially if I am there! I pee on everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies