Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 08:12 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
truth hurts ,huh ? Tell me why my grandkids can't use the term mommy or daddy in school ? Also why do they need to know how to have anal and oral sex in school . Or be told that homosexual is normal when most parents tell them it's not .

get out of our schools and off our streets dragging children in your parades . I don't care what you do in private, thats your bussiness, it's mine when you bring it to school .

Carry signs saying " sex before eight or it's too late " should be a crime .

You are right about one thing, it's our fault for not paying attention and following hypocrits in churches .
Who the hell ever said that kids can't use the term mommy or daddy in school? Who is teaching kids to have anal and oral sex?

Who is saying "sex before eight or it's too late"? That's sickening and NO ONE who is sane would ever say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 08:16 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, that's pretty funny. Actually, you bringing up NAMBLA is what people such as yourselves bring up as your argument against homosexuals. It's actually hilarious & pathetic at the same time. Tell me, when did that searing fear come about?

I agree with the 'pathetic part if it wasn't so dangerous .

Anyway I'll leave all you to your little den of libs .

Old 07-23-2009, 08:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
I agree with the 'pathetic part if it wasn't so dangerous .

Anyway I'll leave all you to your little den of libs .
Leaving so soon? BYEEEEEE! Have a great night!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
property rights huh?
well you do realize that it is a square that is specifically open to the general public??? the temple part is sectioned off and not open to just anyone...
so if you're property is open to the general public and it happens to be in the center of a city and you want to pick and choose who and what's allowed on your property.. you better have your hate posted on signs for everyone to know.. you can't just cuff people toss em to the ground and harrass them when you pick and choose who you want to go after for kissing, or holding hands...
You can't have it both ways.. close it off and post it's private property, but the church doesn't do that.. They encourage anyone and everyone to visit their square.. but apparently not certain people kissing..
Its clear they don't want gays holding hands or kissing on their property.. fine.. post it... if you're not willing to post your hate for all to see.. then you can't B*tch until you wall it up and keep tabs on who is allowed in...
you have a very skewed sense of property rights...
just because you own a piece of land doesn't mean you can rule it like your own little kingdom... there are rules and zoning laws that apply to all pieces of property especially within an urban area..
you are incorrect. my property rights stance is a valid one, while yours is one of total anger. the only hate I see here is the hate coming out of your own mind. now stop sounding foolish.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:31 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
property rights huh?
well you do realize that it is a square that is specifically open to the general public??? the temple part is sectioned off and not open to just anyone...
so if you're property is open to the general public and it happens to be in the center of a city and you want to pick and choose who and what's allowed on your property.. you better have your hate posted on signs for everyone to know.. you can't just cuff people toss em to the ground and harrass them when you pick and choose who you want to go after for kissing, or holding hands...
You can't have it both ways.. close it off and post it's private property, but the church doesn't do that.. They encourage anyone and everyone to visit their square.. but apparently not certain people kissing..
Its clear they don't want gays holding hands or kissing on their property.. fine.. post it... if you're not willing to post your hate for all to see.. then you can't B*tch until you wall it up and keep tabs on who is allowed in...
you have a very skewed sense of property rights...
just because you own a piece of land doesn't mean you can rule it like your own little kingdom... there are rules and zoning laws that apply to all pieces of property especially within an urban area..
I really feel sorry for your anger. you seem very confused. I take it you aren't a property owner.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times
Didnt that artical state that the church uses that spot for weddings? If so, it is a public place and if I remember right from my mormon days there is a kiss at the end of the wedding. Also, Mormons dont care about PDA but when it comes to two people of the same sex they do...sorry mormons but your ways dont over rule other peoples

Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
I sure do.. which begs me to wonder how you can get off saying there aren't any gay people where you live...
which is quite the ignorant statement...
Really? read my posts, I go to the grocerey store, parts store, fast food, gas station, car wash, mailbox, lake, hardware store ........where are they? are they disguised? If so ,as I said, then I am ok with em............... So here is what I will do for you boiseboy, I will modify my remarks, let no one say, I am not fair and balanced.... Here it is , There are no (Obvious) homosexuals around here, and I am OK with that!!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:14 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
yes and some abnormal people think they should have the right to infect innocent children with their pervesions in schools . No matter how much it's pushed on society it will never be accepted behind closed door .

You can only recruit so many children whos parents aren't watching . I notice NAMBLA is now participating in your parades along with some zoophiles. Will the children have to learn how to ' socialize ' with them too ?

Only thing is now that a certain group of cult leaders are inside who actualy do hate you ,and they will make you ' pray' for the days of christians and jews if they take over .
I see, I bet you have that copy of that "Gay Agenda" that keeps disappearing, don't you? Somewhere among all those copies of "Catcher in the Rye" that you feel compelled to buy every time you see them, perhaps?

Also, I am a straight grandfather, so please spare me the fake incriminations. I don't let "Ick Factors" rule my life, and your religion is silly and infantile. "Christian love and tolerance" my hairy ass. BTW, you can thank you and your fellow bible-thumpers for "life style tolerance" programs in our public schools. If you hadn't been so busy trying to force your religion into school to force OUR g'ment to indoctrinate childen into YOUR religion, then we may have been able to keep those types of programs out. Tolerance (or in your case, hate) should be taught at home, imho.

And the whole NAMBLA thing was a hoax, set up by "Renew America", a theocratic and anti-gay organization well known for their frauds.

Here's some basic facts for you, all available on the website of the American Psychological Association, apa.org....

Homosexuality and pedophilism are not related. Pedoes concentrate on the AGE of their victim, not the GENDER.

Homosexuals are just like you and me. The GLBT community seeks relationships of mutual support, friendship, love, understanding, etc. Just like you (assuming you are married) and I did, well, except for you, you come across as a Stepford Wives type.

Beastiality and pedophilism are illegal activities, and not related to homosexuality in the least. The underlying mechanisms behind gender association is unknown at this time, for either homo- or heterosexcuals. But all of the legitimate mental health professionals agree on one thing. They are both natural occurances. Homosexuality is indeed uncomon, but not "deviant" and certainly no "perversion".

Homosexuality did indeed appear on the APA list of "mental disorders" from 1953 to 1972. The 1953 list was developed by sending a form to all member mental health professionals who listed the concerns their patients were seeing them for. Considering tha asanine and juvanile persecution the GLBT community faces, thanks to Christianity, of course they were seen often. However, the 1973 list, and subsequent lists, have been developed using clinical analysis and scientific procedures, resulting in homosexuality being removed from the list of mental disorders, perminantly. Oops, science disproves religion once again.

There, ya learned something new today, if you even bother reading the above.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
truth hurts ,huh ? Tell me why my grandkids can't use the term mommy or daddy in school ? Also why do they need to know how to have anal and oral sex in school . Or be told that homosexual is normal when most parents tell them it's not .

get out of our schools and off our streets dragging children in your parades . I don't care what you do in private, thats your bussiness, it's mine when you bring it to school .

You are right about one thing, it's our fault for not paying attention and following hypocrits in churches .
I thought lying was a sin. Grandkids can't say mommy and daddy in school? Your credibility just dropped off the scale. BTW, raise your own kids and don't let the g'ment raise them. Problem solved.

BTW, who do you REALLY thinks "drags kids to gay parades". Hmm? I would bet money it's religious fundie wackos who drag them there to show them how "evil" gay people are.

And please, feel free to provide a valid link to these signs you mention, if you can indeed link your imagination. Or even link to any of the hogwash you've stated on this thread.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:29 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:

I'm gay and a teacher.. and none of what you say is a reality in public schools... in relation to tolerance and acceptance...
fact of the matter is.. gay couples have kids that go to the PUBLIC school to.. and they are just as much entitled to an education, and their parental involvement is as well just as your involvement in your grandkids is encouraged.
Problem is people like you who have a chip on their shoulder about other people's families are the ones that have the problem...
With some of the comments you make... you are not going to be taken seriously in any classroom or school board meeting..
In fact seeing as how I am a teacher and GAY... if you walked into my classroom with that mess.. I'd ask you to leave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies