Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 09:14 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Not having Freedom of Speech gotcha down?

Then try the new and improved (as of 1781) Constitution of the United States of America!

Just as a church is within it's rights to post anti-gay propeganda (read as lies), the gays are well within their rights to "harrasse" (read as picket) churches.
and I believe people, read churches should be able to shoot people on their property!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
While I am not comfortable with a (tongue down throat) public kiss by any sex.....the bottom line is: Who cares: Don't like it; Don't look....Case Closed!!!!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:17 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Making this act an offense where one receives a fine and is handcuffed is pretty pathetic.
Agreed. It's also probably also an unconstitutional law to boot. I hope they take this to the courts, because I think they have a very strong case based on what little facts I have.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
and I believe people, read churches should be able to shoot people on their property!
No one is permitted to picket on private property without the property owners express permission.

Do youself, and everyone else, a favor and do a bit of basic research before commenting.

Thanks.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:24 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Let everyone kiss, grope and have a little bit of pillow-talk. So long as everyone is a consenting adult, WHO REALLY CARES.

You can urinate all you want. You can even wear drag in Texas. Just don't wear a dress while urinating on the Alamo.

"While on tour in the US in the early 1980s, Black Sabbath's frontman Ozzy Osbourne found himself with a full bladder and nowhere near a lavatory. Relieving himself against a nearby building, he was arrested by an irate cop, who told him he had been urinating on The Alamo, the icon of Texan independence. "Son, when you p**s on The Alamo, you p**s on the state of Texas," he was apparently told.

Ozzy Osbourne urinating on the Alamo - Top 20 craziest moments of rock'n'roll excess - Pictures - Music - Virgin Media

The two obviously chose the location of their kiss so as to offend as many Mormons as possible. They succeeded, but they were on private property when they did so.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:32 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
When you really think about it, though, why shouldn't teenagers be having sex?

Biologically, they are in their prime between 15 and about 20 for reproduction. They are also at their most eager. Yet, our culture is structured in such a way that we tell them to stop. We then create reproductive health problems by forcing people to wait later and later simply because they are expected to raise the children they bear in our society.

It's pretty stupid when you think about it.
Next time you're in the Detriot area, I'll take you on a tour of the inner city and show you the 20 yr old welfare moms with three kids, another on the way and four daddies who aint around.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
They were on private church property,were told to get their asses off the property and did not, what's the problem!

If they know they were on the property prior to their display of man love then I believe they were trying to start some trouble.

If they did not know where they were and church security told them and asked them to move along and they refused, again they were trying to start trouble.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Look where sexual permissiveness got us? skyrocketing teenage pregnancies and STDs! I think we need a healthy dose of "puritanism" in our society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Not everyone wants to view an x-rated scene while stuck in traffic. Gosh! People need to have some decency! Sheesh!
I believe in freedom!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the open harrassment of churches will later be remembered as the largest mistake the gay community has made since may 1979 riot of san francisco and subsequent trashing of the financial district.
Ah yes, if gays don't get equality, it's their own fault because they misbehaved, huh? Tell me: What mistakes has the "straight community" made that have led to gays being able to dictate which rights heterosexuals are able to have or not have?

Your mindset seems to be: You gays better behave the way I want you to behave or else I'll vote to take away your rights.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Seeing two men making out makes me physically ill. Do what you want behind closed doors, but don't make the world watch too. The gay community does not win any new friends by being deviant and disgusting.
And so, once again, we have someone who believes that straight people deserve special rights because they were born heterosexual. If you're heterosexual, it's okay to kiss in public and it's seen as natural and good; if you're homosexual and you kiss in public, you're labeled deviant, disgusting, and you deserve to be condemned.

Quote:
A kiss-in is very minor compared their anual gay parades that always involve guys in g-strings shaking it and frolicking for the whole world. It is widely understood that men in their undies generally do NOT look good. Changing their sexual orientation does not change their attractiveness.
I think a lot of people would disagree with you on that.

Quote:
Why can' t the gay community bring attention to their cause by doing something good for the world? They can do fundraisers for cancer research or feed the hungry or something besides trying to shock people. They might find more acceptance that way.
The ignorance in your statement is incredible. Do you realize how much money gay organizations have raised for HIV research? A lot more than "straight" organizations - I can tell you that.

Your homophobia is almost palpable. It sounds like you see gays in a negative light, no matter what they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies