Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 AM

26,552 posts, read 36,469,455 times

Advertisements

Feud between Gov. Palin and libertarian-leaning Legislator Lyda Green | Republican Liberty Caucus (http://www.rlc.org/2008/09/01/palin-lyda-green-feud/ - broken link)

Quote:
Lyda Green decided not to run for re-election in 2008. In her letter to constituents, she wrote, “It has become clear to me that a very large majority of my constituents also support and believe in Governor Palin’s oil and gas policies. But I sincerely believe that Governor Palin is wrong. I am convinced that her oil and gas policy will lead to terrible consequences for Alaska. I must make a choice.” Her choice is not to run again.

The plan, backed by Palin, calls for TransCanada (TRP) to build a 1,715-mile pipeline paralleling most of the Alaska Highway and into Alberta, where the natural gas could be sent south to the United States.
I have to agree with Lyda and with Wally Hickel as well.

One day closer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 12:37 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,902,696 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Yet another deliberate lie. The legislature found no such thing because it never went before the legislature to decide. One anti-American Democrat hack took it upon himself, without any legal authority, to condemn the Governor.
A panal of the legislature looked into the matter, hired an investigator, who found she indeed abused her power as Governor. I don't see you jumping up and down stating it was one anti-Alaska Republican who exhonerated Palin from some of her other complaints. Try to understand, an investigator, usually ONE person looks into the matter for the Legislature panal or the Personnel Board. GOT IT?

Quote:
Of course you wouldn't, because we have already established that you are dishonest. The Personnel Board, that you reference above, is the ONLY lawful authority when it comes to determining the disposition of those state personnel they are investigating, and that includes the Governor.
Anything I post that is not favorable to Palin, the PBKs will denounce as dishonest. I'm so hurt!
You are correct the Personnel Board is the lawful authority in this situation. I believe since they are appointed by the Governor they cannot be impartial and the Legislature is the appropriate body to investigate the Governor.

Quote:
After she brought the matter to the attention of the board herself. There was no ethics violation that prompted her repayment. She asked for their ruling, they gave it, and she paid what they said she owed. End of story.
She brought the matter up, so it would be in the hands of her supporters, not the Legislature who by that time were getting tired of her shenanigans. Why she be concerned about charging the State of Alaska for her children's vacation if there wasn't an issue? Is she really that stupid? End of story? Yep, the heat has gotten too hot for said Governor and she wants out. Good. Let the quitter go and make millions somewhere else.

Quote:
Governor Palin's history of reaping vengence on those who cross her extends no further than her own Republican Party. She ended the career of Lyda Green and exposed Randy Rudrick's ethics violations, both were life-long Republicans. So your deliberate lies don't hold water here, they only expose you as both dishonest and dishonorable.
If you truly believe that, I suggest you take the blinders off. There is a world outside that tunnel. Call me dishonest and dishonorable all you want but, if it were true, I'd be in the same category as your beloved, Bailin' Palin.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Three more days...the weather forecast is for sunny skies here then....always good for beach celebrations.

God bless ya, Governor

Old 07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,092,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
In another week there will be celebrations taking place all over the great state of Alaska.

Why Sarah Palin Quit: The Five Best Explanations - TIME
I'm very happy for you. I love Alaska and the wonderful people I met there. They deserve so much better. Hope they are getting it. Is the new guy okay?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I'm very happy for you. I love Alaska and the wonderful people I met there. They deserve so much better. Hope they are getting it. Is the new guy okay?
That remains to be seen. I think he could be all right...good record on some things, and he seems to be very low drama and I think he'll work well with the legislature. He's been running the state for months now anyway and doing so in a very low profile manner.

There are certain Anchorage bloggers (one in particular) who need to give Mr. Parnell a chance; I hope that they don't begin another feeding frenzy as soon as he breathes in some perceived wrong octave.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:20 PM

Welcome Governor Parnell...a bit early, I know, but we'll be busy with the celebration most of tomorrow.

Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell

Old 07-25-2009, 09:23 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,168,742 times
Quote:
Welcome Governor Parnell...a bit early, I know, but we'll be busy with the celebration most of tomorrow.
Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell
You celebrating tonight Met?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
You celebrating tonight Met?
Well, not tonight, but tomorrow we're having a beach celebration, gave the employees the day off and we've saved some of the fireworks we got on the 3rd after we heard the (former--damn that feels good to type that) gov. giving it up on tv . Maybe they'll make it a state holiday

Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,168,742 times
Quote:
Well, not tonight, but tomorrow we're having a beach celebration, gave the employees the day off and we've saved some of the fireworks we got on the 3rd after we heard the (former--damn that feels good to type that) gov. giving it up on tv . Maybe they'll make it a state holiday
Yeah not a good idea to start too early I suppose, ya never know she might change her mind at the last minute.....{shudder at the thought}!

Old 07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,092,483 times
Anyone who has a yellow lab has to be alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies