Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe global warming is now occuring?
Yes 201 48.20%
Yes, but it wont be as bad as predicted 63 15.11%
No 135 32.37%
Unsure 18 4.32%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:19 PM

203 posts, read 162,937 times

Advertisements

Can someone answer some questions for me?

If Al Gore is so concerned about the environment, why doesn't he stop flying the jets all over the world. I am serious on this. He is actually polluting a lot. I do not want to hear anything about carbon credits. I think the carbon credits are just a money making or guilt reducing racket anyways. But even if he believed in them, he is still flying around the country polluting the air. He could by carbon credits AND not fly, which would actually help.

A lot of musical artists are on this global warming band wagon, yet they still go on tour. Touring is a major polluter. When you think of their planes, all the tractor trailers and then the thousands of vehicles from the fans. Seriously, why don't these artists stop touring and only make CD's. This would make a dramatic difference.

How come it seems like the people with wealth are the ones telling me I should change my life, yet they would never consider living the way they tell me to.

Please.....answer these questions seriously. I would love to hear their answers, but that probably won't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 06:21 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
Well, if you want to get somewhere, you either walk, drive, take a bus, or a train, or fly.

If you want to get stuff done quickly, you make a choice which is fastest.

Footprints!

Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarrington View Post
Except the link is a Wikipedia article and it's not exactly the most concise article encyclopedia in the world.

Anywho, here are a few more links attempting to dispell global warming (I'd post more, but it's a bit overkill). One is from CBN News, which is actually kind of neutral on what is causing warming here: http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/news/050614a.aspx.

And here's an article from Tom DeLay.com: http://www.tomdelay.com/home/2006/12/13/british-paper-on-global-warming-its-all-just-hot-air.html (broken link).

And finally, one from WorldNetDaily by one Walter Williams: http://wnd.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54897 (broken link).

Before you post again, hello-world, try to look these over and digest the information therein, so to speak.
thanks for the links.

if you're really feeling up for it and wikipedia's not quite "there" for you (i agree wikipedia articles can sometimes be a little lacking), i suppose you can always dig into the references used in that wikipedia article. there's a good one there by richard alley in nature.com, for example (though you might need an account with nature to read it). feel free to let me know what you think of that one.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Well, if you want to get somewhere, you either walk, drive, take a bus, or a train, or fly.

If you want to get stuff done quickly, you make a choice which is fastest.

Footprints!
...and then fly commercial rather than the private jet many people in your shoes might.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
thanks for the links.

if you're really feeling up for it and wikipedia's not quite "there" for you (i agree wikipedia articles can sometimes be a little lacking), i suppose you can always dig into the references used in that wikipedia article. there's a good one there by richard alley in nature.com, for example (though you might need an account with nature to read it). feel free to let me know what you think of that one.
hello-world, please scroll up. I would love your answers on my post. Please...serious answers WITHOUT 97 scientific articles. The questions are simple. Thanks.

Also, I helped out with the global warming today. I drove home with my windows down and the AC cranked. I think it made a difference.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 PM

189 posts, read 344,280 times
Quote:
thanks for the links.
And here's another one, and a significant-looking one at that: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1635077/posts.

Enjoy!

Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
Did you check my shoe size to make this comment or are you joking?

Quote:
...and then fly commercial rather than the private jet many people in your shoes might.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Come on hello-world. Please answer my simple questions on the previous post. I think you are stumped.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
Come on hello-world. Please answer my simple questions on the previous post. I think you are stumped.
howdy.

you got your answer. and lots of others. happy reading!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Did you check my shoe size to make this comment or are you joking?
it's what al, a man that could buy or sell a lot of us if he wanted to, does...per the media anyhow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies