U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:09 PM
 
3,012 posts, read 5,528,175 times
Reputation: 1503

Advertisements

Rachel Maddow Eviscerates Pat Buchanan Again - rachel maddow - Gawker

Those who were against Affirmative Action, this should change your mind on the issue. Well at least the very least it should change your pro patriotic view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,069,488 times
Reputation: 668
I don't listen to that madcow dude. he's handsome though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
 
3,012 posts, read 5,528,175 times
Reputation: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I don't listen to that madcow dude. he's handsome though.
I dont watch her show either. Actually I dont really care for her and her smugness.

HOWEVER, she is completely on point here.

This is just pure facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,069,488 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I dont watch her show either. Actually I dont really care for her and her smugness.

HOWEVER, she is completely on point here.

This is just pure facts.
who ever claimed "whites" built this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:27 PM
 
5,165 posts, read 5,170,137 times
Reputation: 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I dont watch her show either. Actually I dont really care for her and her smugness.

HOWEVER, she is completely on point here.

This is just pure facts.
The Butch of MSNBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
JPD
 
11,851 posts, read 14,465,255 times
Reputation: 7536
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
who ever claimed "whites" built this country?
Uh, Pat Buchanan, the guy she debunked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,060 posts, read 3,322,798 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
who ever claimed "whites" built this country?
Do you ever read city-data/politics and controversies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Status: "Bountiful pine needle harvest" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Near Manito
19,275 posts, read 20,155,339 times
Reputation: 13358
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
who ever claimed "whites" built this country?
Oh, one of MSNBC's resident strawman builders.

What a menagerie they have over at that network: Maddow, Olberfeuhrer, Chris Matthews...

They make Fox look mild by comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:35 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,069,488 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Uh, Pat Buchanan, the guy she debunked.
so 1 guy said it, and it's a story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Buchanan, as I recall, never preached that "whites built America". What he DID say...(and I agree), is that the basic premise of this 'new' nation, started only a couple of centuries ago), that allowed ALL of us to come here and flourish in freedom and to 'do our best, that basic 'framework' was drafted by a small, rather select, even 'odd' group of mostly-British dissidents, who were so 'out there' that they didn't even trust their OWN society (England) and who came here to 'get away'. Buchanan credits the 'odd' beliefs of this tiny group (the 'Founding Fathers') with the unique system that became the world's 'shining destination' for our incredibly diverse ancestors.

Buchanan (as I recall) went on to say that America is unique...and its system is unique...and that IF America had been 'started' by any OTHER group...(the French...the Spanish...Africans...Chinese...Catholics...Irish.. .Arabs...Greeks...Hindus, etc..ANY other group) that it probably would NOT have turned out the way it did. I agree. (America wasn't started by MY group, either...I'm just a 'beneficiary', like most of us)..

I didn't hear the interview, but I don't see any of the above as saying "whites built America". What it should say is "a very FEW, unusual, odd group of English Protestants sat down and INVENTED our unique system".

If Buchanan actually said 'whites built America', then he was wrong. But I doubt he said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top